Singapore Expats

Update for PR statistics

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Update for PR statistics

Post by Wd40 » Wed, 27 Mar 2013 1:02 pm

Just wanted to update:

My Colleague, Indian national working in banking under vendor payroll. Salary definitely less than 6k, applied for PR in May last year and he got it approved last week.

Yeah, I was quite shocked actually. Another thing: His wife was pregnant at the time of application and boy baby delivered in Singapore few months ago(1st child), obviously the boy baby wasnt even mentioned in the PR application.

He was asked for additional details about extended family members,2 months after the application.

So Indians who have applied and fit the above bill and have been waiting for 9 months or so and asked for additional details about family members. Do hang in there!

ash2.3k

Post by ash2.3k » Wed, 27 Mar 2013 4:13 pm

thats like 10 months of wait ..

any more details as in terms of years in Singapore? Spouse work profile?
~~~~~~~~~~~
ash2.3k

Wd40
Director
Director

Post by Wd40 » Wed, 27 Mar 2013 4:19 pm

3 years in Singapore at the time of application. Spouse not working.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Wed, 27 Mar 2013 5:04 pm

Rather surprising.

freeman.vu
Regular
Regular

Re: Update for PR statistics

Post by freeman.vu » Wed, 27 Mar 2013 10:54 pm

Also, his and his spouse family details?
I think that is an important part
Wd40 wrote:Just wanted to update:

My Colleague, Indian national working in banking under vendor payroll. Salary definitely less than 6k, applied for PR in May last year and he got it approved last week.

Yeah, I was quite shocked actually. Another thing: His wife was pregnant at the time of application and boy baby delivered in Singapore few months ago(1st child), obviously the boy baby wasnt even mentioned in the PR application.

He was asked for additional details about extended family members,2 months after the application.

So Indians who have applied and fit the above bill and have been waiting for 9 months or so and asked for additional details about family members. Do hang in there!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 27 Mar 2013 11:42 pm

Why do you reckon it's important? You planning to go out and buy a family exactly the same and reapply? :roll:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

freeman.vu
Regular
Regular

Post by freeman.vu » Thu, 28 Mar 2013 7:43 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Why do you reckon it's important? You planning to go out and buy a family exactly the same and reapply? :roll:
Why it is not sir?
My reasoning is that I also got asked family details but my PR was rejected in the end about a year ago. I know from here, asking for family details is a way to measure the 'social damage' caused by PR applicant if PR is granted. So with that profile, I think possibly that family part should a positive factor.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 28 Mar 2013 10:12 am

freeman.vu wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:Why do you reckon it's important? You planning to go out and buy a family exactly the same and reapply? :roll:
Why it is not sir?
My reasoning is that I also got asked family details but my PR was rejected in the end about a year ago. I know from here, asking for family details is a way to measure the 'social damage' caused by PR applicant if PR is granted. So with that profile, I think possibly that family part should a positive factor.
so pray, enlighten me .. how will you 'tailor' your application ?? :) If you plan to tailor it .. ;)

And what is ICA moved the goalposts by then ? as they do quite often and are very 'transparent' as some are quite confidently deducing ..

Wd40
Director
Director

Post by Wd40 » Thu, 28 Mar 2013 11:19 am

I dont think he is talking about tailoring the application. Basically, he is just trying to evaluate his application.

If you know that having too many family members is considered a liability then might as well not apply at all instead of waiting for 1 year only to get rejected.

In my friends case, I guess its a simple normal uncomplicated Indian family. 1 father 1 mother and either 2 brothers/sisters or 1 brother and 1 sister. :-|

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 28 Mar 2013 11:35 am

Wd40 wrote:I dont think he is talking about tailoring the application. Basically, he is just trying to evaluate his application.

If you know that having too many family members is considered a liability then might as well not apply at all instead of waiting for 1 year only to get rejected.

In my friends case, I guess its a simple normal uncomplicated Indian family. 1 father 1 mother and either 2 brothers/sisters or 1 brother and 1 sister. :-|
I get what you mean, but .. I got the impression from freeman.vu otherwise :)

:D Lost in translation, maybe .. no worries !!!

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 28 Mar 2013 11:42 am

What he doesn't realize is that while the extended family does matter, it only matters in conjunction with the rest of the data on the application. So, unless his data is EXACTLY the same as the other applicant, the extended family may or may not impact their decision as much. e.g, the weight placed on the family may not be as much as another depends on all the rest of the data presented, e.g., salary, education, industry, age, immediage family. Whether or not the applicant has purchased an HDB and/or condo already. Yadda, yadda, yadda. If the other applicant was earning qtr/mil/pa and a brain surgeon, they might not care HOW MANY relatives they want to bring in later. Depends on the whole package and how badly the gahmen might want that particular person.

When will your countrymen learn not to keep trying to scam the systems. :roll:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

freeman.vu
Regular
Regular

Post by freeman.vu » Thu, 28 Mar 2013 8:20 pm

Wd40 wrote:I dont think he is talking about tailoring the application. Basically, he is just trying to evaluate his application.

Thank you Wd40 :)
@sms, ecurelix, tell me who/how you can tailor the application? telling lie about their parents who retired but is currently working? 1 sibling instead of 3? Of course, you can but that's a very good way to kill yourself in front of ICA or any serious authority party.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 28 Mar 2013 8:33 pm

The stories from ICA abound in the absurdity of some of the "tailor made" applications that they have received over the years. I guess you have never heard of fake degrees either, right? Or sham marriages either for that matter! :roll:

freeman.vu
Regular
Regular

Post by freeman.vu » Thu, 28 Mar 2013 10:15 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:The stories from ICA abound in the absurdity of some of the "tailor made" applications that they have received over the years. I guess you have never heard of fake degrees either, right? Or sham marriages either for that matter! :roll:
I bet those people never browse this forum :D

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 29 Mar 2013 10:15 am

Wanna bet? They might not register or post, but you can bet you bottom dollar they lurk. :-|