Singapore Expats

Looking for indian friends

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!

Post by Guest » Sun, 22 May 2005 12:17 pm

Hi folks

For the benefit of those who are not sure how to reach Tanglin Mall McDonalds 2morrow for the outing, here is the street directory map:

http://..sg/singa ... erid=23850

The nearest MRT station is Orchard. Exit left from the Orchard MRT and take a refreshing 5 minute morning walk to Tanglin Mall on Orchard Road.

If you fancy checking the weather, here is the site:
http://app.nea.gov.sg/cms/htdocs/mss3.asp

So, lets meet at 7am Monday 23rd for B'fast and then head for the outing. You may even join us later inside the SBG if 7am is a tad too early!! Pls don't forget to carry water and some shade for rain/sun.

Cheers

Indi.Lens
Regular
Regular

Post by Indi.Lens » Sun, 22 May 2005 12:19 pm

oops!! sorry. forgot to log in. That was my post.

cheers.
Thou Art That

indico

thanks

Post by indico » Sun, 22 May 2005 4:29 pm

thanks indi lens :) see u all 2morow

---indico

vidia
Regular
Regular

Bolly captions

Post by vidia » Sun, 22 May 2005 4:53 pm

http://bollywhat.com/forum/index.php?topic=59.0

Some of these captions are hilarious (if the first page don't inspire, persevere - they get better - skip to page 39 or thereabouts to see funny SRK/ Paheli pics!)

Re: Looking for indian friends

Post by Guest » Sun, 22 May 2005 4:58 pm

JURI wrote:Hi, i am a foreigner,asian girl working in singapor for few years.
I love indian culture,food,people,etc.. But i don't have any indians friend here.I would enjoy meeting any indians who are open to make a friend and exchange culture.
Thanks,
call me at 92766214

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Post by sapphire » Sun, 22 May 2005 6:09 pm

Anonymous wrote:
I love indian culture,food,people,etc.. But i don't have any indians friend here.I would enjoy meeting any indians who are open to make a friend and exchange culture.
Thanks,
call me at 92766214
wow, no please, no nothing, just call u eh? who are u? some adonis?
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Indi.Lens
Regular
Regular

Post by Indi.Lens » Sun, 22 May 2005 7:06 pm

Anonymous wrote:
Thanks,
call me at 92766214
Hello guest

Suggest you first learn some civility before asking someone to call you. Moreover, its apalling behaviour to remain anonymous and ask a lady to call you without basic courtesy of requesting her to call you.

Shame on you!!!
Thou Art That

indico

Photography

Post by indico » Mon, 23 May 2005 11:45 pm

It was a great day, shooting pics on monday morning, thnx metro guy n indilens for all ur tips on photography....they all ve come good... i was really curious to check out those pics taken on macro & super macro mode.. ve come gr8

btw, it was really gr8 abt the most sensitive subject discussions we had :) got to discuss em lot... :) Indilens, i guess i need to learn a lot abt our philosophy frm u :) I thought i knew a lot abt em, but after discussing with u guys, now i feel I ve to get to know more :)

----- Indicco
Defeat the defeat before the defeat defeat you

toxictanktops

Post by toxictanktops » Tue, 24 May 2005 12:30 am

This is to all the ladies out here... do you know of any shop in Little India that sells Bandhini dupattas? One of my local friends wants to buy one, and I don't have the time to go and check it out myself. Nor will I be heading back to India any time soon to buy one myself :P

I don't recall seeing any in the tiny sideshops lining Serangoon road, so I was wondering if these dupattas are sold here in the first place....

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated!

PS> Indi.Lens, Metroguy - hope you guys had a good time today! I was too sleepy to land up there! :D

Indi.Lens
Regular
Regular

Post by Indi.Lens » Tue, 24 May 2005 10:31 am

Hi folks

We had a great time shooting at the SBG. Thanks Metroguy and Indico for coming over to this outing.

How about someone organising an outing that doubles both as a shoot as well as a friends' gathering? Even the non-shutterbugs amongst us can also have fun at such gatherings.

Indico - Please post your pics. Lets share the pics and see how the lens sees the SBG as against how our human eye usually sees. As for my pics, need a couple of days to post since they are being processed. I guess its the same with Metroguy as well; yeah, we shoot using good old 35mm film.

Toxictanktops - would have been nice if you could join the outing. Let us meet and shoot next time around (the more people, the merrier!!).

Cheers!
Thou Art That

psychedelic
Regular
Regular

Post by psychedelic » Tue, 24 May 2005 12:50 pm

Hi ppl..

Reachd home safe and sound.. Its gr8 to b back home..Even better to finally be with my wife.. :D

Indi Lens: Gr8 to know you finally got around to doing ur thing.. Waitin to c your snaps..

Vidia / Sapphire / Sabrina: Since u guys sre the bollywood buffs.. any sugestions on the DVD titles I should pick up.. Which would be the best movie for the 'Potluck'...

Ciao.
Charm is a way of getting the answer yes without asking a clear question.

Flora

Post by Flora » Tue, 24 May 2005 1:13 pm

http://www.singaporeexpats.com/forum/ftopic18814.html

Thought you all might find this an interesting read!!!

Indi.Lens
Regular
Regular

Post by Indi.Lens » Tue, 24 May 2005 2:20 pm

psychedelic wrote:Hi ppl..

Reachd home safe and sound.. Its gr8 to b back home..Even better to finally be with my wife.. :D

Indi Lens: Gr8 to know you finally got around to doing ur thing.. Waitin to c your snaps..

Ciao.
Welcome back Psy; convey my hearty welcome to Mrs. Psy!

Sure, will post the pics once ready.

Cheers!
Thou Art That

Ind Babe
Regular
Regular

Post by Ind Babe » Tue, 24 May 2005 2:36 pm

Psychedelic,
Enjoy yourself at home!
As for the movies.......
You could check out 'Black', I think its a good buy. I also liked 'Phir Milenge' - a Revathi movie, very different and a pleasant watch. Another 'Anytime watch' movie is 'Munna Bhai MBBS'......I think that should be the movie for our potluck, even though a lot of us may have already watched it :)
Coming to think of it, it would be great if you can check up if they have 'Jaane Bhi do Yaaron' on a CD/DVD (its pretty old) - that I think is among the alltime best comedies of Indian Cinema....would be another great movie for our potluck!!

Those are the ones that come to my mind now...Janta, any other suggestions.....even if Psychedelic misses some, Ill pick them up when Im there next month :)

Metroguy, Indilens, Indico, waiting for your pics.....glad to know you guys had a good time!

Cheers!
One life - live it!

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Post by sapphire » Tue, 24 May 2005 4:40 pm

thanks Flora, that sure was an interesting read, lol.

hey psychedelic, i'm turning green here, i can think of so many things to do in delhi, u lucky lucky guy. say hi to your better half, looking forward to meet her.

Indi.lens and co., hurry up and post pics, so we can criticise them :lol:
where did u all go and shoot finally? whats SBG? (sorry to be so ignorant).

Ind Babe, i agree on 'Jaane bhi do yaaron'. That movie keeps me in splits each and every time i watch it. best comedy ever! i have 'Sholay', all time classic as far as i am concerned. offhand, i cant think of any movie to pick up. i guess comedies are a good idea, but then indian films dont really excel in that genre. Flame me if u want, but i used to love govinda movies with all his cheap sh*t :lol:, especially 'Raja Babu', cheapest of cheap :lol: if i come up with some movie, will post it here. Ind babe and Psychedelic, u guys have fun back home!

Toxic, i am clueless on bandani dupattas in singapore, sorry girl, cant help u there.
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.