Singapore Expats

HDB capping sublets to foreigners ...

Discuss about any latest news or current affairs in Singapore or globally. Please DO NOT copy and paste news articles from other sources without written permission.
offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager

Post by offshoreoildude » Wed, 27 Mar 2013 12:13 am

I was thinking today that only Asian countries have constitutionally protected racism and if not, certainly institutional racism. Singapore (yes, it's in there - for the Malays though), Malaysia of course are the worse cases.

I read through the posts, I give Arriyo credit. Unfortunately I have a completely different spin, in generalist terms; Singapore is run by elites for the benefit of elites. IF you can join in a policy driven for the benefit of the elites or a group (i.e. owning a condo) that the elites are behind; lucky you.

The group think of the PAP can be no other way. The WP (and no, I don't want to talk about the BE), is elite in another way.

Singapore is doomed, "as soon as its neighbors get their shit together". Imagine a solid, rule of law governor taking over Battam or Johor. Eliminating corruption, enhancing government systems, providing support (true support - not just - bring your company here for me) for external investors. I.e. copy the LKY model in another country and BAHM - Singapore is gone.

I was taught, in PNG at school, that Singapore was a success because it was a 'free port'. This meant, no excessive taxes and more importantly no excessive corruption. The elitism is a form of corruption, pure and simple and all it takes if for Johor or Battam to open a proper free port and BAHM, good bye Singapore.

We're all living in Venice in the 1700's; we just didn't know it.
Now I'm called PNGMK

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Wed, 27 Mar 2013 1:23 am

^ a thought provoking post.

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Wed, 27 Mar 2013 8:15 am

I concur!
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 27 Mar 2013 9:31 am

offshoreoildude wrote: ...
recently I accompanied somebody to PTP, damn .. that port is growing and growing .. and for that kind of growth in the last 12 or so years .. it is great ..

Gotta say the neighbours are catching up ..