Singapore Expats

Private Mandarin tutor seeking job advices

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
celiameih

Private Mandarin tutor seeking job advices

Post by celiameih » Mon, 25 Mar 2013 12:49 pm

Hello everyone,
I just moved from Sydney to Singapore with my Australian husband who is working in the film industry. I graduated with a master's degree on Linguistics and had three years working experience in film/media related companies, and six years of private language tutoring experience. However, have to say, being on a Dependent Pass here feels very depressing...I tried to send off my resumes to different employers, but never heard back from them...I tried to talk to my husband's colleagues' wives, but turns out they're all under the same situation...I had never expected that finding a job could be soooo difficult. It seems like employers here are very anti-expats.
Anyway, there's nothing I can do about it...But I would really like to find some private Mandarin tutoring opportunity, for both pre-school kids and adult learners.
Can anyone offer any idea on where to post my AD? how to promote my service?
Thank you!

Mei

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Mon, 25 Mar 2013 7:40 pm

maybe stick a notice up with anza?

celiameih

Post by celiameih » Mon, 25 Mar 2013 8:40 pm

Thank you very much. Actually, I just got the Anza website from our of my friend. Is that like a club or something? I saw people get together for parties on it.