Singapore Expats

PR application advise

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
specgals

PR application advise

Post by specgals » Fri, 22 Mar 2013 11:07 pm

Hi all, personally feels very helpful in this forum, so would like to have a piece of advice from all of you again:))

Female profile
-Age 24, Singaporean Chinese
-Highest education, singapore polytechnic diploma
-Coming 2nd year of income tax
-Annual income 40~50k basic salary (exclude bonus and commission)
-Clean personal profile and family background

Male profile
-Age 31, Malaysian Chinese, currently holding WP, worked in SG for 6~7yrs
-Highest education, Malaysia polytechnic diploma
-Coming 3rd year of income tax
-Annual income 25~30k basic salary ( exclude bonus and commssion)
-Clean personal profile and family background
-Brothers and sister all PR, father use to work in SG till retired and currently holding visit pass

We had been together for 2.5yrs when we Applied permission for marriage from MOM and got it approved after a week, filed our notice of marriage and preparing to ROM this March.

Through our profile, may I know when will be appropriate for my husband to apply his PR under family tie? If we apply after 6 month of marriage, will it be very negative?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 23 Mar 2013 12:29 am

All positive except for his not having a degree and at least two years of marriage. If he's currently working here, then he's okay as he doesn't even need the LTVP+ which again, would require 2 years of marriage as well. Have him continue to work. Wait till you have been married two years then apply. It will be a shoe in. Having said that, I'd be temped to try one time after 6 months of marriage just to see if you get the "reapply in 1.5 years" letter.

Good Luck.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

specgals

Post by specgals » Sat, 23 Mar 2013 12:59 am

We are not sure whether to try apply it after 6mth of marriage, there is no harm to try? What will be the chances of getting approval? We are afraid to get very negetive reply from ICA, instead of prompting us when to re-apply. And yes, he is still working in sg as a WP...

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 23 Mar 2013 7:56 am

It would probably make more sense to give it a go after six months as that way you could make plans easier. If it is negative you don't waste two years. If you get the 1.5 year apply later letter, just wait like instructed and don't reapply until then. You might get lucky or at least you will know where you stand.
Last edited by sundaymorningstaple on Sat, 23 Mar 2013 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

specgals

Post by specgals » Sat, 23 Mar 2013 11:56 am

Other than stated documents required, is there any advisable supporting documemts that we should summit together with the application? Eg.Testimonial, etc..

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 23 Mar 2013 5:42 pm

They wouldn't hurt at all. May or may not be useful, but in any case, the will not be detrimental. So, yeah, anything the might "support" your reasons would be good.

specgals

Post by specgals » Sat, 23 Mar 2013 7:48 pm

Just one more qn, my spouse's WP is due for renewal, and his company had tried to help him apply Spass, but it was unsuccessful, so only continued to renew his WP for another 2yrs. Will the recently unsuccessful Spass application has any negetive affect on his PR application under family tie?

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 23 Mar 2013 8:40 pm

Unknown, but possibly.

akrapovic

Post by akrapovic » Sat, 23 Mar 2013 9:47 pm

Hi TS, just to share my experience.

My wife is a msian chinese who has work here for nearly 5 years on WP and we ROM last year Feb. We went to apply 1 month after and got the rejection letter within 5-6 weeks.

We tried to appeal by going to my MP and the helper who attended to us mention that her 5 years clean record here should be good(Although she's only earning close to 2k) but the fact that we apply so fast after ROM, ICA might take precaution(Marriage of convenience) and told us that we would have better chances after at least 1 year(After ROM).

Her rejection letter did mention to apply again after 6 months which we did and waited slightly longer so that we would be closer to our 1st year anni.

We applied again on the 26th Jan and got the approval letter dated 18th Mar..

My advice to you is to apply about 1year after your ROM date to have a better chance.

Another thing probably worth mentioning is that i applied for her LTVP last late July and got it mid Aug. And after that she found another job so got her WP again but this time without any levy.

But like what SMS mention, no harm to give it a shot after 6 months..If it's rejected then you can take a look at the letter and see if they mention the same thing like my case..

specgals

Post by specgals » Mon, 25 Mar 2013 1:15 pm

Hi, the point that you mention regarding your wife getting a WP without the need of the employer to pay any foreign levy, how does it work? As my spouse is currently holding WP, does it mean after this March ROM, his empolyer got to get any letter or forms from MOM to wavie the levy?

akrapovic

Post by akrapovic » Mon, 25 Mar 2013 2:25 pm

specgals wrote:Hi, the point that you mention regarding your wife getting a WP without the need of the employer to pay any foreign levy, how does it work? As my spouse is currently holding WP, does it mean after this March ROM, his empolyer got to get any letter or forms from MOM to wavie the levy?
You need to get him to apply for LTVP with you being the sponsor..

But the weird part is he gonna cancel off his WP before he can apply for LTVP. After getting his LTVP then the company would have to "hire" him again before applying for WP. After which the LTVP pass would be useless once WP is approved.

This is something i confirm with ICA back then.

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Mon, 25 Mar 2013 7:53 pm

so... LTVP -> WP = no FW levy?

akrapovic

Post by akrapovic » Mon, 25 Mar 2013 11:25 pm

taxico wrote:so... LTVP -> WP = no FW levy?
Yes.

The only weird thing is inorder to apply for LTVP, she cannot have a valid WP..And after applying for LTVP & hired by a company, she need to have her LTVP cancelled and get her WP again..Although this part would be done automatically by ICA/MOM..

For spouse or unmarried child only..Applicable to TS's scenario..
If they are a spouse or unmarried child of the sponsor, there is no need for foreign worker levy to be paid. Their employment will not be counted towards the company's dependency quota. They do not need to be from an approved source country.