Singapore Expats

Overwhelmed by hospital birthing choices

Do you have any pregnancy related queries to ask or share? Post them here.
Tarka

Overwhelmed by hospital birthing choices

Post by Tarka » Wed, 02 Jan 2013 11:00 pm

I have recently moved to Singapore with my husband and daughter. I am currently 4 months pregnant with our second baby. I had a dating scan and initial tests done in the UK but need to find a doctor and decide on a hospital for on-going care and birth but am feeling very overwhelmed by the choices and confused by what the best cost options are. Having read a few threads on this forum NUH seems like a good option for me as we will be moving to Jurong soon so will be quite near. I can't find another hospital which does births any nearer to Jurong (unless someone can correct me).

As our health insurance (from my husbands job) won't cover me for my pregnancy I need to ensure that I am very mindful of costs.

How do I go about finding a doctor? Are they all linked to the hopsital? Will the hospital have a list of doctors?

What is the price difference between a private hospital and say KKH/NUH (which I am assuming aren't private??).

Sorry for all the questions but if anyone could point me in the right direction I would be most grateful!
A new arrival to Singapore.

SAHM

Dr Irene Chua

Post by SAHM » Thu, 21 Mar 2013 11:20 pm

Hi there,

Guess its too late to reply & by now you must have finalized on the doc too. Anyways if you still want to explore google Dr Irene Chua, she's is hust awesome. Her clinic is @ Gleneagles. PM me if you need more info.
All the best & enjoy your pregnancy :)