Singapore Expats

Epass Extension almost over...

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
denzelwng4

Epass Extension almost over...

Post by denzelwng4 » Thu, 21 Mar 2013 4:10 pm

Hi all,

My epass renewal was unsuccessful then my company keep trying to make an appeal twice. Now my Epass was extended for 30days and it is almost due (couple of days more).

My question is after this extension will i be given a SVP for 30days or no more?
anyone have an idea?

Hoping for your advise .... THanks! :(

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Thu, 21 Mar 2013 4:20 pm

Historically, no.

To be clear, upon cancellation of your EP, you get your vanilla* 30-day SVP. What's on your SVP is it--no extensions.

* typical/standard, nothing special.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

lolipop99
Regular
Regular

Post by lolipop99 » Thu, 21 Mar 2013 9:28 pm

Why don't you downgrade to S Pass instead insisting on EP and being rejected?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 21 Mar 2013 10:14 pm

Not necessary. All that has to be done is that HR ensures that they tick the box indicating you will consider an S pass if no longer eligible for an EP. It the other box is ticked, e.g., do not consider for an S pass if not eligible, then if you don't make it, you are up the creek without a paddle as you cannot go back and reapply for the S pass. So, it might behoove the OP make sure HR does do this BEFORE applying for the renewal, rather than leaving it to chance.

There are some employers who will NOT do this as it will cost even more from the employers point of view as they would then incur Foreign Worker Levies on the S Pass holder which means it could easily cost the employer an additional $390/mo in levies, provided that the employer even had sufficient quota for an additional S pass holder. (lots of employers, like myself, are currently in excess of our quotas and cannot even renew until we are back to zero. In my case, if I cannot hire sufficient locals to boost up my quota, I'm going to lose 5 more employees when their A passes come up for renewal. It's not going to be pretty. And with another reduction of quota coming up on 1 July!
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Thu, 21 Mar 2013 10:22 pm

But don't worry SMS, cos I'm sure there'll be loads of suitably qualified / experienced / eager Singaporeans queuing up to take these jobs that the foreigners previously 'stole'.

[/tongue in cheek]
Be careful what you wish for

denzelwng4

Post by denzelwng4 » Sun, 24 Mar 2013 8:03 pm

thanks for all the replies :D

hendra_ahg

Post by hendra_ahg » Thu, 02 May 2013 4:24 pm

Mi Amigo wrote:But don't worry SMS, cos I'm sure there'll be loads of suitably qualified / experienced / eager Singaporeans queuing up to take these jobs that the foreigners previously 'stole'.

[/tongue in cheek]
speechless...

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Post by Sergei82 » Thu, 02 May 2013 4:43 pm

hendra_ahg wrote:
Mi Amigo wrote:But don't worry SMS, cos I'm sure there'll be loads of suitably qualified / experienced / eager Singaporeans queuing up to take these jobs that the foreigners previously 'stole'.

[/tongue in cheek]
speechless...
why?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 02 May 2013 9:41 pm

Maybe his tongue is stuck in his cheek? :lol:

SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers