Singapore Expats

PR Application Again...

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
kevintong85

PR Application Again...

Post by kevintong85 » Mon, 05 Nov 2012 4:21 pm

Hi,

Would like to seek the experts on PR application based on the status below:

Nationality: Malaysian Chinese
Industry: IT (Software)
Salary: ~4.5k with EP (Q Pass)
Duration in SG: Since April 2010

I first applied for PR end of 2010 and was promptly rejected as it was too soon. The ICA letter asked me to re-apply in 1.5 years time (which is around this time of the year). However I am only planning to apply early of next year as I am not sure what are the chances given the number of rejections happening this year.

I have submitted my income tax assessment 3 times (instead of 2 because my previous company decided to declare my assessment for next year as well to calculate my last salary due to tax deduction).

Do you guys think I should wait a while more or early of next year is fine? Please advise. Thanks!

vishalgupta2
Chatter
Chatter

Re: PR Application Again...

Post by vishalgupta2 » Mon, 05 Nov 2012 10:27 pm

kevintong85 wrote:Hi,

Would like to seek the experts on PR application based on the status below:

Nationality: Malaysian Chinese
Industry: IT (Software)
Salary: ~4.5k with EP (Q Pass)
Duration in SG: Since April 2010

I first applied for PR end of 2010 and was promptly rejected as it was too soon. The ICA letter asked me to re-apply in 1.5 years time (which is around this time of the year). However I am only planning to apply early of next year as I am not sure what are the chances given the number of rejections happening this year.

I have submitted my income tax assessment 3 times (instead of 2 because my previous company decided to declare my assessment for next year as well to calculate my last salary due to tax deduction).

Do you guys think I should wait a while more or early of next year is fine? Please advise. Thanks!
With you being the flavor of the month + decent income, I think you are good to go.

kevintong85

Post by kevintong85 » Tue, 06 Nov 2012 9:01 pm

Flavour of the month? Haha...

Hopefully so, am still quite worried after hearing about the tightening :roll:

kevintong85

Post by kevintong85 » Tue, 19 Mar 2013 10:46 am

My PR has been approved according to the online status :) Definitely a wait!

akrapovic

Post by akrapovic » Wed, 20 Mar 2013 12:02 am

My wife's PR just got approved !!

She's a msian chinese btw..

kevintong85

Post by kevintong85 » Wed, 20 Mar 2013 9:06 am

Saw your post too! It's pretty fast this time eh?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 20 Mar 2013 9:33 am

Good things come to those who follow directions as advised by the ICA. Jumping the gun just tells ICA that you cannot follow simple directions so they would have to think twice if that's the type of person they would want as a PR or future Citizen. :wink:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

akrapovic

Post by akrapovic » Wed, 20 Mar 2013 10:02 am

kevintong85 wrote:Saw your post too! It's pretty fast this time eh?
Ya, pretty fast..

Guess like what SMS mention, follow the instruction sure helps..The 1st rejection stated welcome to apply again after 6 months and so we did after 6 months..Actually we waited 2 months more before applying again as nearer towards our 1st year anni..

kevintong85

Post by kevintong85 » Wed, 20 Mar 2013 12:22 pm

Haha same here. I waited another 6 months in additional to what ICA stated in my first rejection letter, just to be safe.

I just checked the appointment for the formalities completion and the next available slots are mid of April! So I suppose there are quite a number whose application got approved too?

akrapovic

Post by akrapovic » Wed, 20 Mar 2013 6:38 pm

kevintong85 wrote:Haha same here. I waited another 6 months in additional to what ICA stated in my first rejection letter, just to be safe.

I just checked the appointment for the formalities completion and the next available slots are mid of April! So I suppose there are quite a number whose application got approved too?
When I use the eappt to book a slot just now at about 1pm, got the 2nd April 12noon slot..

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Wed, 20 Mar 2013 6:40 pm

kevintong85 wrote:Haha same here. I waited another 6 months in additional to what ICA stated in my first rejection letter, just to be safe.

Good for you!

=D>

Unlike some people who don't know the fine line between persistence and being a nuisance!

:P
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

kevintong85

Post by kevintong85 » Thu, 21 Mar 2013 9:27 am

akrapovic wrote:

When I use the eappt to book a slot just now at about 1pm, got the 2nd April 12noon slot..
Wow, good for you! I think some earlier slots were released later on. I've just changed mine to an earlier slot :P

kevintong85

Post by kevintong85 » Thu, 21 Mar 2013 9:29 am

nakatago wrote:

Good for you!

=D>

Unlike some people who don't know the fine line between persistence and being a nuisance!

:P
I think quite a lot of people are truly desperate, despite knowing their criteria do not fully qualify them yet. I have a friend with that attitude and when I questioned him, he merely said "there's no harm trying". I think he could be wrong, when ICA thinks you don't read the guidelines properly? :x

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 21 Mar 2013 9:41 am

Spot on. :wink:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Thu, 21 Mar 2013 9:57 am

kevintong85 wrote: he merely said "there's no harm trying".
Drugs come to mind.
Murder.
Trying to cross the railroad tracks with an oncoming train just mere seconds away.
Pissing off cops.
Licking a live wire.
Tugging the tail of a wild animal.

And using up someone's patience.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."