Singapore Expats

Ridonkulous Experience Getting D Pass...

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
morenangpinay
Reporter
Reporter

Post by morenangpinay » Wed, 20 Mar 2013 3:22 pm

im late to reply but anyway for others with similar problems, I think what happened is the MOM returned the forms because the law firm sent you an old form . the MOM changes their forms sometimes every month or whenever and agencies are not updated. hence Wrong Form. You can easily rectify the problem by resubmitting an updated form. the dates/versions are located in the bottom of pages of the form.

The marriage certificate problem, I think is ridiculous since it really should contain your wife's maiden name. I think the agents weren't using their common sense and thought there would be discrepancies in the documents. Same problem with your daughter's docs and your passport, they though there is discrepancy but common sense would tell you, the names on the documents are the same.

So just a case of common sense not so common. welcome to Singapore

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 20 Mar 2013 4:15 pm

morenangpinay wrote:
So just a case of common sense not so common. welcome to Singapore
As somebody summed it up recently .. unlike the legal saying of "a hundred criminals may go free, but one innocent shouldn't be punished" it is a case of "a hundred innocents maybe punished, but a single criminal shouldn't be set free .. "

or something to that effect, for the super-tight rules being enforced of late .. :)