Singapore Expats

Immigration process if you forgot tte employment pass in Sin

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
AnshulGulati

Immigration process if you forgot tte employment pass in Sin

Post by AnshulGulati » Fri, 08 Mar 2013 3:10 pm

I forgot my EP in Singapore. I am currently in Cambodia. Will I have issue in returning to Singapore? Please can someone let me know what I can do.

I need to return on Sunday.

freeman.vu
Regular
Regular

Re: Immigration process if you forgot tte employment pass in

Post by freeman.vu » Fri, 08 Mar 2013 3:32 pm

How can you get out w/o EP?
AnshulGulati wrote:I forgot my EP in Singapore. I am currently in Cambodia. Will I have issue in returning to Singapore? Please can someone let me know what I can do.

I need to return on Sunday.

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Fri, 08 Mar 2013 3:44 pm

If you have a machine readable passport, the machine won't ask for your EP. If a human asks for it, however, is a totally different story.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

AnshulGulati

Post by AnshulGulati » Fri, 08 Mar 2013 3:49 pm

The automated system scans only the passportand takes the thumb impression. After reaching Cambodia, I realized that I forgot my EP. Now when exiting Cambodia, I will be asked for the EP, can I show the copy of the EP?

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Fri, 08 Mar 2013 3:51 pm

AnshulGulati wrote:The automated system scans only the passportand takes the thumb impression. After reaching Cambodia, I realized that I forgot my EP. Now when exiting Cambodia, I will be asked for the EP, can I show the copy of the EP?
So it's Cambodia that has an issue not Singapore? Hmm....Go to a police station and claim you lost it so you can get an affidavit/sworn statement/report?
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

bioshock

Post by bioshock » Sun, 10 Mar 2013 11:28 pm

Dear AnshulGulati,

What you actually need to do is to email both MOM and ICA separately and explain the situation to them. Do please explain whom you are, identity yourself and explain the situation. They are the right authorities actually the right authorities to talk to in this situation, if you actually want to avoid trouble coming going through the immigration checkpoint in Singapore.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Sun, 10 Mar 2013 11:45 pm

Does Cambodia really require your EP for disembarkation/embarkation? If no, you don't have to worry about anything.

On Singapore's end, just use the automated gate. Your passport and thumb print is sufficient.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Mon, 11 Mar 2013 1:15 am

the lynx wrote:Does Cambodia really require your EP for disembarkation/embarkation? If no, you don't have to worry about anything.

On Singapore's end, just use the automated gate. Your passport and thumb print is sufficient.
Cambodia does not care about your EP.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Mon, 11 Mar 2013 2:11 am

As I understand it, the airline have a responsibility to ensure that you have the right to enter Singapore.

I.e. either you are eligible for a visa on arrival, or have a valid visa or work pass.

The reason airlines control this, is if they flew you to Changi and you are refused entry, then the airline are on the hook for flying you back out again (deportation).

So your question should go to the airline: 'I forgot to bring my original Singapore EP with me, is a photocopy of it sufficient evidence to confirm to you that I have a right to enter Singapore? And if not what other suitable evidence do you require?'

I expect that this situation is not that uncommon, so try not to let it spoil your trip.