Singapore Expats

Chances of my PR

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Want to b a citizen of SG

Chances of my PR

Post by Want to b a citizen of SG » Thu, 07 Mar 2013 12:01 pm

Hi all,

I am gng to apply PR in Apr'13

About myself:
Male-30 yrs
married in Feb 2011
indian
5 yrs wrking in SG
Holding S Pass
salary - 2500/per month

My Wife:
26 yrs
indian
2 yrs wrking in SG
Holding S Pass
salary - 2600/per month
Nw 3 mnths pregnant

My Situation:

I frankly want to say we are almost like orphan, no support or help from our families. We dont have a plan to go back to India, we want to be citizen of SG.
Now my wife pregnant - in 3rd month. we want our baby to born here, but after he born what pass can apply for him? We cant give dependant pass to him, as per the latest update s pass holder earing monthly above 4000 sgd only can give DB.

We are in very confused situation.

1. 1st time in 2008, my company apply pr for me and got rejected
2. 2nd in Feb'12 together with my wife - rejected in june'12

Both of the rejection letter didnt mention any reason or time period.

now in Apr'13 we planning apply PR for me and my wife. Please suggest us to improve our chances to getting approval.

Thanks in advance for all our kind responses.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Thu, 07 Mar 2013 12:36 pm

Your first major problem is your race - obviously you can not do too much here.
Your 2nd major problem is your very low salary - probably 4-5k each at least to allow some very weak hopes.
Your third major problem is the period of your stay which is short considering the above major problems.

Male offspring improves the chances but unlikely will counterbalance your major problems.

Frankly, I don't think you stand a chance.

For your kid: I believe the only way is LTVP via the sponsorship of your employer.

Thank You 9200

Post by Want to b a citizen of SG » Thu, 07 Mar 2013 1:07 pm

I still want to give one time try.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 07 Mar 2013 1:39 pm

I suspect it will just be an exercise in futility.

Be sure, when you do it, you also keep a Plan B (returning to your home country) as the likelihood of further S pass renewals will also diminish with the tightening up on criteria and further reductions in dependency caps hits more and more companies. (I've lost 7 S pass holders due to the Sept dependency cap reduction and I'll be looking at probably another 6 or 7 come July 1 when the next reduction happens.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Thank you sundaymorningstaple

Post by Want to b a citizen of SG » Thu, 07 Mar 2013 1:50 pm

I don't have any other choices... :?

LongTimeHere

Post by LongTimeHere » Thu, 07 Mar 2013 5:33 pm

Buddy nobody knows the criteria but looking at the details you posted the chances don't look great. Application for PR used to be free (not sure now) so no harm trying.Miracles do happen - rarely.

With a baby on the way you definitely need some kind of back-up plan. You can't say you have no choice but to stay in Singapore. It is not realistic. We live here by the Govt's consent and have to leave when that changes.

lolipop99
Regular
Regular

Post by lolipop99 » Thu, 07 Mar 2013 8:55 pm

With the looming tightening of S Pass and EP, people are flocking to apply for PRs for fear of not being able to renew their passes, similar to the situation in previous recession in 2009 where they faced retrencement. However unlike the previous experience where thousands of people forming snake queues outside ICA office from 11pm the night before to apply for PR the next morning, this time round, all applications must be submitted through online appointment. However, all slots are fully redeemed up to June and ICA has not released the new slots from July onward yet, so one need to wait for 4 months to submit the application. It is a hot topic in my company and people even started to trade slots when one cannot take leave on the appointment date by cancelling and letting another register immediately. It is getting desperate!

vishalgupta2
Chatter
Chatter

Post by vishalgupta2 » Thu, 07 Mar 2013 10:41 pm

OP: I am sorry to say this but if you got rejected in 2008 when almost everyone was getting approved, you don't stand a chance anymore.

I will say start looking for a job in India sooner than later. Hope you can find something before you hit a wall here.

Good luck.

Thank you for all replies

Post by Want to b a citizen of SG » Fri, 08 Mar 2013 1:15 pm

I really want to say thank you for all your replies.

until July 2014 i & my wife can work here with our current passes. But only prob, we cant apply DB or LTVP for our baby. In this case we can go and talk to mom or ICA will help?

Any suggestions pls?

Post by Want to b a citizen of SG » Fri, 08 Mar 2013 1:22 pm

To vishalgupta2:

In 2008, my company apply for me PR, its not even 6 mnths i came to singapore.

Thank you for your suggestion.

xuxiaoli

Re: Thank you for all replies

Post by xuxiaoli » Fri, 08 Mar 2013 2:26 pm

Want to b a citizen of SG wrote:I really want to say thank you for all your replies.

until July 2014 i & my wife can work here with our current passes. But only prob, we cant apply DB or LTVP for our baby. In this case we can go and talk to mom or ICA will help?

Any suggestions pls?
I am in a similar situation as you, holding EP and my husband is a phd student holding Student pass. We submitted our pr application in Nov 2012 and the status is still "pending".

The expected date of delivery is June 30. My salary is 3k/month and thus cannot apply DP or LTVP for my baby. I have written to ICA, asking how can our baby stay with us in Singapore after birth. Following is their reply

"You could Report to VSC within 42 days after your child is borned. An extension of stay will be granted for the infant to apply his/her passport. The infant should depart Singapore once the passport issued to him/her. Your original Marriage Certificate, Passport, Employment Pass, spouse’s Passport and child’s Birth Certificate are required for the application. "

Hope that the information is useful for you.

PS: We are planning to send the baby back to China if the PR application is unsuccessful. Seems that there is no other choice.

Post by Want to b a citizen of SG » Fri, 08 Mar 2013 3:18 pm

xuxiaoli :

Thanks for your sharing.

ICA reply shows, after 42 days of +30 days baby cant stay in singapore.

I will wish you good luck to get your PR first. :D

Share your outcome when you got.

Thank you.

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Fri, 08 Mar 2013 7:47 pm

OP tell me one thing. You and your wife are both working and your salary is 2.5k and your wife is 2.6k. Now your wife has to quit job due to pregnancy? So with 2.5k how can you survive in this expensive country? Your wife might want to go to work immediately after delivery, but then who will take care of your child? You mentioned that your parents are not supportive, but even if they were, ICA wont give them LTSVP to come here even with your combined salary. Will you hire a maid? Can you afford that?

So all in all, your salaries are just too less for a city like Singapore, leave alone to raise a baby, but even for yourselves to live here.

Try and register this in your mind and go back to India. India is very big you dont need to go to the same city your parents are. You can easily go there find a decent job and raise a family based on your salary alone. You dont need any visa there or PR. Nobody will force your child to get out of the country there. Nobody will look down upon you as a foreigner from 3rd world country etc etc Good luck!

vishalgupta2
Chatter
Chatter

Post by vishalgupta2 » Sat, 09 Mar 2013 2:18 am

Want to b a citizen of SG wrote:To vishalgupta2:

In 2008, my company apply for me PR, its not even 6 mnths i came to singapore.

Thank you for your suggestion.
Well, fair enogh, but you applied in 2012 too. What has changed since then? I understand you want to be optimistic, which is good.

I will still say, look out for a job in India. If you want to try for PR again, sure go for it once you have the baby (that makes some kind of difference especially if your baby happens to be a probably NS candidate).

Brace for impact and hope the impact never happens.