Singapore Expats

30/m from USA (CA & NC) - Greetings!

New here? Don't be shy. Introduce yourself here and expand your social network!
GoldenBeaR6

30/m from USA (CA & NC) - Greetings!

Post by GoldenBeaR6 » Wed, 30 Jan 2013 5:50 pm

Hello! I hopped off the plane last night at Changi with a dream and my cardigan (not kidding...there was snow on the ground when I left 29 hours prior). It's my first time in Asia. I'm here to work on my PhD at NUS and have a ton of fun. I love outdoorsy activities, as well as indoorsy activities. I'm an engineering student, volunteer firefighter/emt, runner, dog lover, sushi lover, beer drinker, and sports fan. Let's be friends.

I live near MRT EW17 in case anyone happens to be nearby. Hit me up if you'd like to be forum friends, facebook friends, or perhaps real life friends!

Chris

alittlerisky
Chatter
Chatter

Post by alittlerisky » Wed, 30 Jan 2013 6:10 pm

heh... same here... I' came from Belgium on 3rd Jan... was -5 deg and snowing when I left. Arrived here into an air conditioned airport, got straight into an aircon taxi and then straight into an aircon hotel. Rested for a while then decided to get some food as it was like 9-10pm… out of pure habit I put on a sweater, an ankle length camel hair over coat and a scarf…. Made it about 200metres down the road before having to turn back and take all that crap off. I was wondering why the reception staff were giving me when I walked through the lobby….

Anyway, I'm 1/2 Irish, 1/2 Burmese and like most of the stuff you like, especially drinking beer... hit me up on [email protected] if you fancy a few pints of guinness one evening.

laters!

Mark
Who? What? How? Why? Where? When? Merde...

yoyosasa

Post by yoyosasa » Thu, 31 Jan 2013 7:28 am

nice to meet you, I am new here too, been here 4 mths, 27 female, Hong Kong Chinese, we can chat more later, you can email me, [email protected]

roxy8foxy

Post by roxy8foxy » Thu, 31 Jan 2013 10:30 am

Hey Chris

Im 30/f Filipino, been away from home for 7 years...
In your list of likes, I can only team you up as being a dog and sushi lover ;)

McPerez88

Post by McPerez88 » Thu, 31 Jan 2013 3:09 pm

Hey Chris.

How has Singapore treated you so far? Has it robbed you of your sense of humor yet? Hold on tight to that one, man.

I'm into climbing if you're into that. Also an avid spectator of tennis and hockey (I consider being an avid spectator as a sport). And also into TV and movies.

Well, I've been here for a while (about 8 years, so you can ask me anything, however inane) and I'm up always up for a beer or two (and by two, I really mean two, it gets crazy by the third). Email me at [email protected]

-Martin

Lill88

Post by Lill88 » Thu, 31 Jan 2013 9:54 pm

Hi there,

just got here 3 weeks ago but spent the complete last week in china. So I am still pretty new here and would love to meet up and get to know some people.

Any plans for the weekend yet? Just send me an email if anything is planned so far: [email protected]

Im German, female, 24 and have a passion for travelling.

Looking forward to meeting up!

GoldenBeaR6

Post by GoldenBeaR6 » Thu, 31 Jan 2013 10:56 pm

Has anyone been to one of the FNDC functions? I am thinking about making an appearance there tomorrow night. Thoughts?

pharmMD

Post by pharmMD » Fri, 01 Feb 2013 12:12 am

GoldenBear6, I'm surprised you're raring to go and jet-lag free already. But then who has time to waste, yeah?

Anybody free tomorrow or the weekend?

DocKitty

Post by DocKitty » Sun, 03 Feb 2013 4:18 am

Hello!

32/Female/Filipina here. Just arrived 3 weeks ago and started work in NUH. I'm a surgeon, cat and dog lover, beer/any alcoholic beverage drinker, sushi lover. Interested in meeting new friends, as all my drinking buddies are back home and I sorely miss hanging out and having a few drinks with friends. I live near EW22, drop me a line at [email protected] if anyone wants to have a drink or two (or three or four...)

Cheers! :D

hhong23

Post by hhong23 » Tue, 12 Feb 2013 6:31 pm

Hello !

29 / F / Korean :)

I just arrived here 2 weeks ago all by myself. This is very long boring holiday so far ... :( ... I am ready to meet new people and hang out ! PM me if you have any plan to hang out and grab a beer ;)

- Sam

losttokyo

Post by losttokyo » Sun, 24 Feb 2013 2:42 pm

this is allen from Hong Kong, male in my late 30's. staying in the west. I speak cantonese, mandarin and english. please feel free to email me at [email protected]

Spajay2000

Hey

Post by Spajay2000 » Thu, 07 Mar 2013 11:43 am

I'm a 22 year old dude from Canada. im not really and active person butwould be down to have a drink or two, socialize with some new people and find some real life friends. If you want to meet up let me know.

Sonya

Hey

Post by Sonya » Thu, 07 Mar 2013 3:01 pm

Hi Chris, I'm Sonya/23. It would be great to meet people for outdoor activities. Drop me a line at [email protected]

cheng183

hi

Post by cheng183 » Sun, 17 Mar 2013 5:09 pm

hhong23
nice 2 meet you
23 m malaysian chinese
drop me am email
[email protected]

kenadian

Post by kenadian » Wed, 10 Apr 2013 2:19 am

hey chris!
ken from canada here. how's your time in SG so far? i get to singapore on the 16th.. i'd be keen to make new friends. very much a dog and sushi lover too. hit me up if you want to grab a drink! [email protected]