Singapore Expats

Plastic surgery in Thailand (Bangkok / Hatyai)

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
calistavo

Post by calistavo » Fri, 22 Feb 2013 2:05 pm

Hi all,

It's post surgery day 4 and the swelling has gone down a little bit. I can smile a bit but cheeks still feel a wee bit tight. I think pineapple juice does help cos i bought a pack yesterday and drank it religiously.

my nose looks slightly upturned than before an it looks really weird. hopefully it will look better after a few weeks.

I am removing alarplasty stitches tomorrow but tip plasty stitches are still tight and intact... and it's a little annoying. gotta wait for it to dissolve though.

The scabs from my alarplasty are like peeling. is it ok for me to peel them off?

jaypaek

Post by jaypaek » Thu, 28 Feb 2013 1:01 pm

calistavo wrote:Hi all,

It's post surgery day 4 and the swelling has gone down a little bit. I can smile a bit but cheeks still feel a wee bit tight. I think pineapple juice does help cos i bought a pack yesterday and drank it religiously.

my nose looks slightly upturned than before an it looks really weird. hopefully it will look better after a few weeks.

I am removing alarplasty stitches tomorrow but tip plasty stitches are still tight and intact... and it's a little annoying. gotta wait for it to dissolve though.

The scabs from my alarplasty are like peeling. is it ok for me to peel them off?
Hey there! Hope everything is going well for you! How is your nose feeling? Hope to hear your updates soon! God bless!

serena_kow

Post by serena_kow » Sun, 03 Mar 2013 1:25 pm

Hi all again,

I actually changed my appointment date to april 5th with doctor chi
for Medial Epicanthoplasty, Double Eyelids, Rhinoplasty and i will let him decide between Buccal Fat Removal or Alarplasty, whichever suits me. =)
And i've already booked my air tix and hotel will be at V.L. Quite concerned about how i would look post op, because its gonna be a short stay, i will fly back on the 7th to singapore after my OP on the 5th. Tukky said there's no need for removal of sutures because he uses a dissolvable one. :? Worst thing is my boyfriend is going with me, he's gonna have a shock of his life with my ''AVATAR'' face LOL. Anyone else going during that period? =))) im actually still quite worried how long i will take to look normal as i need to be back at work by the 13th. :roll:
We Only Get To Live Once,
So Make It Count!

nanaliew

Post by nanaliew » Tue, 05 Mar 2013 1:20 pm

Dr chi quoted me 15000 for rhiniplasty and 25000 for rhino with cartilage. And 12000 for alarplasty :( I emailed dr nara but r is yet to reply. Does anyone know if dr Nara uses dissolvable stitches or not? Also another thing, with all these hat yai doctors, do they do free revision if something goes wrong like extrusion or infection or if the implant goes crooked? Or will they not be responsible?

Also one more thing.. Based in my research what is best is an implant for the bridge and cartilage for refining the tip.. And I am aware that most hat yai doctors use L shape implant which surgeons say will eventually erode and is not permanent.. It scares me to think in 2 years my nose will break out and I will look like Michael Jackson and I need to have surgery again and again. Because from what I see in this forum for people after 1-2 years they will face extrusion.. But I would want to know.. Are there are success stories of L shaped implant other than aardvark?

My nose is upturned like a pig's.. But if L shape is dangerous, I will not be greedy and just get a I implant to heighten my bridge.. Instead if also modifying the tip to be sharp..

serena_kow

Post by serena_kow » Tue, 05 Mar 2013 3:48 pm

O_O dr chi quoted me 15000 for alarplasty, why his price always so different. Im also rather worried about having extrusions and i want a sharper tip, he doesnt do tiplasty either to refine the tip. Was wondering if lets say after doing rhinoplasty and alarplasty, one day if i decide to refine my tip is it possible? or do i need to redo the whole nose again? Since the date is getting nearer, im quite worried i might choose the wrong things to do. :???:
So Make It Count!

nanaliew

Post by nanaliew » Tue, 05 Mar 2013 4:27 pm

Yea I was thinking that too.. I would like to heighten my nose bridge first too. My biggest problem is my nose is so flat that my side profile is so ugly. Like how xiaxue only fixed her tip in her second nose job.
serena_kow wrote:O_O dr chi quoted me 15000 for alarplasty, why his price always so different. Im also rather worried about having extrusions and i want a sharper tip, he doesnt do tiplasty either to refine the tip. Was wondering if lets say after doing rhinoplasty and alarplasty, one day if i decide to refine my tip is it possible? or do i need to redo the whole nose again? Since the date is getting nearer, im quite worried i might choose the wrong things to do. :???:

Cynphony

Post by Cynphony » Tue, 05 Mar 2013 9:15 pm

nanaliew wrote:Dr chi quoted me 15000 for rhiniplasty and 25000 for rhino with cartilage. And 12000 for alarplasty :( I emailed dr nara but r is yet to reply. Does anyone know if dr Nara uses dissolvable stitches or not? Also another thing, with all these hat yai doctors, do they do free revision if something goes wrong like extrusion or infection or if the implant goes crooked? Or will they not be responsible?

Also one more thing.. Based in my research what is best is an implant for the bridge and cartilage for refining the tip.. And I am aware that most hat yai doctors use L shape implant which surgeons say will eventually erode and is not permanent.. It scares me to think in 2 years my nose will break out and I will look like Michael Jackson and I need to have surgery again and again. Because from what I see in this forum for people after 1-2 years they will face extrusion.. But I would want to know.. Are there are success stories of L shaped implant other than aardvark?

My nose is upturned like a pig's.. But if L shape is dangerous, I will not be greedy and just get a I implant to heighten my bridge.. Instead if also modifying the tip to be sharp..

His rhinoplasty used to be 8k baht 2 years ago when i went over. Why the sudden increase? Seriously he didnt do tip refining? I asked him whether is it ok to make my core of the nose smaller and sharper and he quoted me 15k for rhino too? But i am not doing the bridge. Aint i supposed to do alarplasty?

nanaliew

Post by nanaliew » Tue, 05 Mar 2013 11:21 pm

I just read on the Woffles Wu page that what he does is add cartilage at the nasal tip to prevent extrusion or even roll the fats of the nose together into a ball and place it there so the nose won't detect it's a foreign body and reject it.. Wow, that sounds credible haha.

I am really curious to those who ever did rhinoplasty before!! Especially with Dr Nara.

a) How is the post op? I read that use Q tip to clean, but some say use cold compress. Use on where? Any part but the nose? How about the dressing/bandage or splint? you must rip off yourself and change in a few days according to doctor's instructions if not it will be smelly and oily right? As i see, the bandage is just meant to keep the nose in place, it's not covering any wound right?

b) Stitches. Dr Chi replied me saying his stitches are all absorbable so no need removal. However I saw many pictures where alarplasty got black non-dissovable sutures at the alars.. Just worried about this because I'm probably only staying the weekend at Hat Yai, if got any follow up or stitch removal I need to travel back up again.

calistavo

Post by calistavo » Wed, 06 Mar 2013 2:29 pm

jaypaek wrote:
calistavo wrote:Hi all,

Hey there! Hope everything is going well for you! How is your nose feeling? Hope to hear your updates soon! God bless!
Hello, all's good. The scabs have all fall off. my nose looks normal now, no more swell at all. but i can never smile freely like before. when I smile my nose tip feels stretched and a little painful... sigh. and my smile looks a little fake. i wonder how come...

serena_kow

Post by serena_kow » Wed, 06 Mar 2013 6:42 pm

His price is always increasing which is quite confusing, and i have paid my deposit last two days still not able to get a reply from them(Tukky/Dr Chi).
:( quite worrying as im already so prepared for my surgeries. Bought my SinEcch from rachel, shes a really nice lady to give tons of Do's And Dont's Pre and Post surgery =) even went to get my thick framed specs. Each time i email them they always miss out one of the answers to my questions. I wonder how long does the sutures take to dissolve? anyone knows? i gotta be back to work by the 13th april :roll:
So Make It Count!

newbie2012

Post by newbie2012 » Wed, 06 Mar 2013 10:57 pm

Hiya!
I have been checking on several forums on double eyelid surgery by Dr Surasit of Bangmod Hospital as i read somewhere that he is very famous in thai for double eyelid surgery but cant seem to find more information about his charges and booking an appointment with him (and possibly to find out if he understand english).

Anyone care to share your experience here or pm me if you would like, thank you in advance. :)

newbie2012

Re: newbie here

Post by newbie2012 » Thu, 07 Mar 2013 11:20 pm

Hello,
I wonder if you have done ur double eyelid surgery at bangmod? i am keen to do it but would like some reference from you if you are happy to share. I am not able to get in touch with bangmod via email though.
Confidenceboost wrote:Hello guys,

I'm new here and i am actually planning to go bkk at the end of november to have double eyelid/lateral/epi and nose job done. My dad has connections who recommended Dr.Surasit from bangmod hospital. Does anyone know if he's good? I'm really scared as this is my first time(and hopefully last) doing plastic surgery and i want to gather as many info as possible!

Cheers!

nanaliew

Post by nanaliew » Fri, 08 Mar 2013 3:52 am

hi guys, so far I've emailed a few doctors and they told me using ear cartilage is too soft and using a very soft implant minimises risk of extrusion greatly.

do the doctors in Hat Yai use soft implants? also, did you guys mostly do closed or open rhinoplasty? i also chanced across this page

is it true that doctors in Hat Yai don't do nose tip surgery? the suture reshaping method seems very non invasive

Cynphony

Post by Cynphony » Mon, 11 Mar 2013 3:23 pm

Hi guys, can somebody helps me out here? if i want to do make my tip of the nose sharper and smaller like Xiaxue's nasal tip , is it rhinoplasty or alarplasty? Cause i am going to Dr Chi and he told me it is rhino. I have done rhino to heighten my bridge 2 years ago but i still feel there's excess meat on my tip of nose and i wan to remove it. I was quoted 15k (from 8k) for the rhino this time. ):

My width of my nose nostrils is nt wide, is only the nose tip. Thanks.

nanaliew

Post by nanaliew » Mon, 11 Mar 2013 7:03 pm

Cynphony wrote:Hi guys, can somebody helps me out here? if i want to do make my tip of the nose sharper and smaller like Xiaxue's nasal tip , is it rhinoplasty or alarplasty? Cause i am going to Dr Chi and he told me it is rhino. I have done rhino to heighten my bridge 2 years ago but i still feel there's excess meat on my tip of nose and i wan to remove it. I was quoted 15k (from 8k) for the rhino this time. ):

My width of my nose nostrils is nt wide, is only the nose tip. Thanks.
I think if like that should be tiplasty.. Dr prinya offers it.