Singapore Expats

[S-pass, visit pass] A situation a bit complicated

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Zilian

[S-pass, visit pass] A situation a bit complicated

Post by Zilian » Mon, 04 Mar 2013 11:04 pm

Hello,

I'm a French IT student, 22 years old.

After an exchange semester in fall 2012 in a Singaporean university (I was then holding a student pass) I've been staying here with hopes to get a job for my gap semester. Of course, I got into trouble by having a Singaporean girlfriend.

Anyway, finding a dev job was quite easy, but I quickly realized that getting a visa would not be.

Also, I've been holding a social visit pass after the expiration of my student pass of 90 days (standard procedure). In the meantime I've been rejected from a work-holiday pass because my university is not in the world top 200.

Now my potential employer has applied a S-pass for me. However, my social pass expires on the 19th March.

I have a plan B : go to New Zealand for a road trip with a friend, then come back for a week or so in Singapore, and then travel in South-East Asia. My flight back to france is in July from Singapore.

I have two questions :

1) Is it a good idea to go travel for a week or so after 17th March, if I don't get the S-pass answer by then, and then come back here? Won't it lower my chance to enter in May if in the case I don't get the S-pass?

2) If I leave to New-Zealand instead, can I come back to Singapore without any problems in may for a week and in july for a flight?(I could always stay in the airport, but...)

Well, thank you very much for your advice because I will have to make a choice soon!

taxico
Director
Director

Re: [S-pass, visit pass] A situation a bit complicated

Post by taxico » Wed, 06 Mar 2013 4:21 pm

Zilian wrote:...I've been holding a social visit pass after the expiration of my student pass of 90 days (standard procedure)...

Now my potential employer has applied a S-pass for me. However, my social pass expires on the 19th March.

I have a plan B : go to New Zealand for a road trip with a friend, then come back for a week or so in Singapore, and then travel in South-East Asia. My flight back to france is in July from Singapore.

I have two questions :

1) Is it a good idea to go travel for a week or so after 17th March, if I don't get the S-pass answer by then, and then come back here? Won't it lower my chance to enter in May if in the case I don't get the S-pass?

2) If I leave to New-Zealand instead, can I come back to Singapore without any problems in may for a week and in july for a flight?(I could always stay in the airport, but...)

Well, thank you very much for your advice because I will have to make a choice soon!
have you graduated with your degree yet?

if i were you, i would travel NZ and SEA for as long as possible before coming back to singapore to catch the plane home.

i don't think you will get another 90 day tourist visa, but hey, nothing ventured nothing gained. good luck!