Singapore Expats

NS issue

A moderated forum for serious discussions only.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 05 Mar 2013 9:06 am

Every PR who does his NS is a foreigner. Nothing new there. You will NOT automatically have your citizenship canceled UNTIL you serve NS. This doesn't matter what the law says (the one you are quoting) as MINDEF rules overrides all others. Believe what you want, okay? :-|

If you get something that verified your loss of Citizenship prior to your entry into NS then you are free and clear. However, if you don't and you don't do your NS because you assumed wrongly, you will be a deserter and all that I mentioned before will pertain.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Tue, 05 Mar 2013 9:19 am

Best person to call directly, if you really think your case is extraordinary: CMPB and ICA

And get straight answers from the very bunch of people who makes decisions on your status.

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Tue, 05 Mar 2013 9:35 am

... And please post an update here after you have spoken to them, as the information may be useful to other people in the future.
Be careful what you wish for