Singapore Expats

PR Approved :)

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
maidsrch

PR Approved :)

Post by maidsrch » Thu, 28 Feb 2013 12:22 pm

I am very pleased to inform on this board that our PR application has been approved after a waiting period of 8 months.
Our profile - husband and wife both Indians, PEP holders, 1 daughter and combind annual income little over 200K.
We had 2 NOAs at the time of applying. We did not have company sponshorship and my husband had applied on his own merit.
PR has been granted to all 3 of us.

One question to the members here - the approval letter states that we are eligible to apply for citizenship in 2 years time.
Is this standard verbiage on all approval letters? Please share your thoughts.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 28 Feb 2013 12:45 pm

Yes, that is pretty much standard. However, you will note that is only says "eligible to apply" not necessarily "in principle approval". So please, don't take that as a "sure thing" to gain citizenship. Good luck though.

and congratulations.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

maidsrch

Post by maidsrch » Thu, 28 Feb 2013 1:16 pm

Thanks SMS.

sdkks

Post by sdkks » Fri, 01 Mar 2013 1:28 am

Congratulations.

Mine's been waiting over 6 months (187 DAYS 10 HOURS 23 MINUTES 56 SECONDS 36 SPLITSECONDS ), it feels so boring to wait that I even made a small programme for excel to see how long it has been. :P

Not being rejected quickly is a relief, but when it is over 6 months, it makes you anxious. Feels good to know 8 months waited application can be approved too.

I was working as a midlevel technical executive in my country, I applied with sponsorship of my wife, even if i'm not desparate, I'm still worried. I don't know why it is taking so long.

greymatter

Post by greymatter » Sat, 02 Mar 2013 11:08 pm

6 months and waiting...

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Sat, 02 Mar 2013 11:55 pm

sdkks wrote:Congratulations.

Mine's been waiting over 6 months (187 DAYS 10 HOURS 23 MINUTES 56 SECONDS 36 SPLITSECONDS ), it feels so boring to wait that I even made a small programme for excel to see how long it has been. :P

Not being rejected quickly is a relief, but when it is over 6 months, it makes you anxious. Feels good to know 8 months waited application can be approved too.

I was working as a midlevel technical executive in my country, I applied with sponsorship of my wife, even if i'm not desparate, I'm still worried. I don't know why it is taking so long.
Program or excel formula? You can't call such a teeny weeny thing a program :P

BTW, its "Program" as in computer program. Programme is like a TV programme :)

sdkks

Post by sdkks » Sun, 03 Mar 2013 2:32 am

You can embed codes into excel sheets, as an extra to formulas, after you right click on the sheet itself. :cool:

When I studied English many years ago, my "Langenscheidt" dictionary mentioned that programme is a French word, can be used too.

I don't have it now, here what wiktionary says
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/programme
UK: programme is used in all cases except for computer code, in which case program is generally used. Older sources may use programme for computer code.

I guess "me" part is trimmed by time because it is not pronounced in English.

I even programmed a serial communication protocol for a set of very basic level of microcontrollers that does not have any sort of native communication interface when I was a student. That was small in size too, but had an elegant thought in the way it was made. I rather call it program than code or script.

Wd40
Director
Director

Post by Wd40 » Sun, 03 Mar 2013 3:32 am

sdkks wrote:You can embed codes into excel sheets, as an extra to formulas, after you right click on the sheet itself. :cool:

When I studied English many years ago, my "Langenscheidt" dictionary mentioned that programme is a French word, can be used too.

I don't have it now, here what wiktionary says
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/programme
UK: programme is used in all cases except for computer code, in which case program is generally used. Older sources may use programme for computer code.

I guess "me" part is trimmed by time because it is not pronounced in English.

I even programmed a serial communication protocol for a set of very basic level of microcontrollers that does not have any sort of native communication interface when I was a student. That was small in size too, but had an elegant thought in the way it was made. I rather call it program than code or script.
You are talking about VBA macros, I see :)
You could just do it with simple formula in an excel cell

=NOW()-"29/6/2012"

i.e. 247 days

BTW, 29th Jun 2012 is when I applied and still waiting, so yours isnt that bad :)

sdkks

Post by sdkks » Sun, 03 Mar 2013 5:23 am

I knew the function already. My point is different. Extra code use is necessary when functions are not enough.

8 months and counting, now this is a testing wait. Let's hope this doesn't become a trend with ICA, applications waiting to reach a year.

Wd40
Director
Director

Post by Wd40 » Sun, 03 Mar 2013 9:29 am

sdkks wrote:I knew the function already. My point is different. Extra code use is necessary when functions are not enough.

8 months and counting, now this is a testing wait. Let's hope this doesn't become a trend with ICA, applications waiting to reach a year.
It is a trend already. Most Indian applicants are made to wait 8-9 months in the past 1 year. No matter how good or bad the applicant is. Some have got rejected and some approved.

Pr applications Sponsored by spouse are taking 6 months.

Malaysian Chinese are getting approved a lot quicker, 3-4 months.

Can you write a program that estimates the processing time based on race? There is enough data on this forum to use as input :P

I did a bit of playing around with data mining in SQL server that uses predictive analysis, few years ago. That can find good use here :)

sdkks

Post by sdkks » Sun, 03 Mar 2013 12:49 pm

I could if ICA wasn't an unpredictable mystery. My wife is local Indian, I'm Turkish, she's sponsoring, I dont know if they have anything against this.