Singapore Expats

S Pass Withdrawn

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
flexxzx

S Pass Withdrawn

Post by flexxzx » Wed, 27 Feb 2013 5:42 pm

Hi Everyone, May I have advice & suggestion on S Pass Application?
Company A applied S Pass online and already approved but S Pass Card is not yet collected.
Company B is willing to apply S Pass with better position & benefits.
I understand that two application cannot be submitted at the same time.

How should I do? Should I request Co.A to withdraw the application and Co.B to apply after that? Does it make lower my chance of getting approval for Co. B.?

Really appreciate all of your advice as I have difficult time to decide.
Thks.

beppi
Manager
Manager

Re: S Pass Withdrawn

Post by beppi » Thu, 28 Feb 2013 6:45 am

flexxzx wrote:Should I request Co.A to withdraw the application and Co.B to apply after that?
Yes.
flexxzx wrote:Does it make lower my chance of getting approval for Co. B.?
Yes.
(They don't like job-hoppers.)

flexxzx

Post by flexxzx » Thu, 28 Feb 2013 9:10 am

Thank you for your kind reply, beppi.

alicethen

Post by alicethen » Mon, 07 Mar 2016 10:11 am

Hi Flex, hey so sorry to bother you but may I ask what type of job are you holding? My Polish fiance is currently in Singapore trying to get a job that qualifies an S Pass. But his range of skills is music teaching, performance and sound technician. I've heard this is qualified under the creative industry and hence falling under the S Pass category. Could you kindly share more please? :)

Thank you so much!!!

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 07 Mar 2016 10:34 am

alicethen wrote:Hi Flex, hey so sorry to bother you but may I ask what type of job are you holding? My Polish fiance is currently in Singapore trying to get a job that qualifies an S Pass. But his range of skills is music teaching, performance and sound technician. I've heard this is qualified under the creative industry and hence falling under the S Pass category. Could you kindly share more please? :)

Thank you so much!!!
Creative ? Well, I may be able to approach somebody to ask for a job .. but how is his Singlish ? :D

On a serious note, for musicians in S Pass, the pay still have to cross 3.3K + hold a degree, or rejections are expected. Incredibly unbelievable - it is.

alicethen

Post by alicethen » Mon, 07 Mar 2016 10:41 am

ecureilx wrote:
alicethen wrote:Hi Flex, hey so sorry to bother you but may I ask what type of job are you holding? My Polish fiance is currently in Singapore trying to get a job that qualifies an S Pass. But his range of skills is music teaching, performance and sound technician. I've heard this is qualified under the creative industry and hence falling under the S Pass category. Could you kindly share more please? :)

Thank you so much!!!
Creative ? Well, I may be able to approach somebody to ask for a job .. but how is his Singlish ? :D

On a serious note, for musicians in S Pass, the pay still have to cross 3.3K + hold a degree, or rejections are expected. Incredibly unbelievable - it is.
His singlish is super! hahaha he is even currently practising with a local band! :)
Ohhh and do you? I would be so grateful if you really had a contact!!! And am grateful even for you thinking about it :)

It is tough :/ He took the Self assessment tool and saw that he needed at least 2350 min for him to qualify an S Pass.. and he only has a Higher National Diploma (UK). Would that explain why no one is getting back to him or is there a small chance in there? ><

thank you so much ecurelix!

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 07 Mar 2016 11:02 am

alicethen wrote: His singlish is super! hahaha he is even currently practising with a local band! :)
Ohhh and do you? I would be so grateful if you really had a contact!!! And am grateful even for you thinking about it :)

It is tough :/ He took the Self assessment tool and saw that he needed at least 2350 min for him to qualify an S Pass.. and he only has a Higher National Diploma (UK). Would that explain why no one is getting back to him or is there a small chance in there? ><

I know a couple of musicians on S Pass, and both are degree holders, if I believe their employer.

The bosses here won't take the extra effort where the chances are slim.

alicethen

Post by alicethen » Mon, 07 Mar 2016 10:14 pm

ecureilx wrote:
alicethen wrote: His singlish is super! hahaha he is even currently practising with a local band! :)

I know a couple of musicians on S Pass, and both are degree holders, if I believe their employer.

The bosses here won't take the extra effort where the chances are slim.
Hey ecurelix thank you so much for replying! Hmm, yes understandably...:( Do you know if they got the job through job search sites or through contacts / networking?

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: S Pass Withdrawn

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 07 Mar 2016 10:15 pm

alicethen wrote: Hey ecurelix thank you so much for replying! Hmm, yes understandably...:( Do you know if they got the job through job search sites or through contacts / networking?
Directly hired.

alicethen

Post by alicethen » Mon, 07 Mar 2016 10:25 pm

ecureilx wrote:
alicethen wrote: Hey ecurelix thank you so much for replying! Hmm, yes understandably...:( Do you know if they got the job through job search sites or through contacts / networking?
Directly hired.

Ah ha..I'm so sorry, may I ask just one last question >< Where are these places that hired them? Thank you so so much!!

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 08 Mar 2016 9:13 am

alicethen wrote:Ah ha..I'm so sorry, may I ask just one last question >< Where are these places that hired them? Thank you so so much!!
meaning the employers ?

alicethen

Post by alicethen » Tue, 08 Mar 2016 11:57 am

ecureilx wrote:
alicethen wrote:Ah ha..I'm so sorry, may I ask just one last question >< Where are these places that hired them? Thank you so so much!!
meaning the employers ?
Yeah! :)