Singapore Expats

Where to BUY?

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.
S_Perumal
Regular
Regular

Where to BUY?

Post by S_Perumal » Tue, 26 Feb 2013 2:51 pm

As everyone know the IT Fair will happen for every quarter in a year.

While buying the product in IT Fair, yes definitely we get it in less price comparing to any retail / showroom provider.

But in terms of Quality will we get the same assurance and guaranty for the product.

Can you people share the thoughts...

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 26 Feb 2013 3:33 pm

What thoughts?!? :???:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Tue, 26 Feb 2013 8:30 pm

The product quality will be the same. And the products should definitely come with a guarantee.

S_Perumal
Regular
Regular

Thanks

Post by S_Perumal » Tue, 26 Feb 2013 9:28 pm

Thanks JR8, i try this IT Fair which is going to happen in MBS on 7 - 10 Mar 2013

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Tue, 26 Feb 2013 11:04 pm

The other thing worth noting is that if an exhibitor/vendor at the fair is selling (just say) a netbook at a promo price of $400, rather than the usual $500; then I have seen them offering the same discount price in their main shop too.

This happened when we bought a netbook from mc2.com in Sim Lim. We decided to buy it at the marked price. Then when we got to the till, they told us we'd get about $100 off because that would match their promo price at the IT fair.

Talk about a surprise!

p.s. This might not apply to all vendors at the fair... so as usual, DYOR, and if not offered such a price-match, then ask if they will. No harm trying if it is not simply offered to you, (though in that case you might need to know the pricing at the fair to get any leverage on this).

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 26 Feb 2013 11:10 pm

Additionally, the vast majority of systems you purchase at IT fairs are usually end of run items as well, it's a good way to clear stocks before the incoming new arrivals. Just like car dealers.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

S_Perumal
Regular
Regular

YES

Post by S_Perumal » Tue, 26 Feb 2013 11:18 pm

Yes i too heard that the last day of the Fair is good to visit and buy the things with best price... but let me note the offer changes as well... Thanks