Singapore Expats

casually bitch about room mates here

Chats, Flames, Jokes, Junks. Don't know where to post ? You've just found the right place.
rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

casually bitch about room mates here

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Wed, 20 Feb 2013 9:49 pm

so yes we live in Singapore and most times not out of choice we live with roommates, and not everyone get along.

So this thread is the perfect place to vent , let out your frustration, tell the world your room mate is being a bitch today.

:cool:

My own story: I live with a newly married couple, often i have to listen to music loudly to drown out unwanted sounds. :oops:

alittlerisky
Chatter
Chatter

Re: casually bitch about room mates here

Post by alittlerisky » Fri, 22 Feb 2013 2:45 pm

rajagainstthemachine wrote:My own story: I live with a newly married couple, often i have to listen to music loudly to drown out unwanted sounds. :oops:
Well, Megadeth at volume 11 should dampen their fervour somewhat...
Who? What? How? Why? Where? When? Merde...

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Post by Sergei82 » Fri, 22 Feb 2013 3:02 pm

That is why I pay more to live alone. If you need to study something, dampening unwanted sounds by loud music will not help you concentrating. Beat fire with fire: get a gf yourself. :)

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Re: casually bitch about room mates here

Post by Sergei82 » Fri, 22 Feb 2013 3:05 pm

alittlerisky wrote:
rajagainstthemachine wrote:My own story: I live with a newly married couple, often i have to listen to music loudly to drown out unwanted sounds. :oops:
Well, Megadeth at volume 11 should dampen their fervour somewhat...
That is actually quite mean and unfair to the couple mentioned. You try doing that intimate stuff somehow when somebody is "dampening" you with Megadeath. If you want to turn flatmates into flat-enemies, do exactly like Raj is doing.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 22 Feb 2013 3:22 pm

Maybe he could ask the flatmates if they would be willing to share more than the sounds. :cool:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

alittlerisky
Chatter
Chatter

Post by alittlerisky » Fri, 22 Feb 2013 3:34 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Maybe he could ask the flatmates if they would be willing to share more than the sounds. :cool:
hmmm... I was thinking about a reply like that but thought it might be inappropriate. Apparently not.

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Fri, 22 Feb 2013 4:14 pm

I have to crank up the volume on my headphones.
I don't have noise canceling headphones ( pun intended ) so to speak :P

My roommates got a pretty wife but I don't know what he sees in her, shes a bimbo and he's got many degrees, she tries hard to fit in to be on par with him on an intellectual scale but fails miserably.

so hows everyone else's roommates then? all nice and rosy then? :cool:

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Post by Sergei82 » Fri, 22 Feb 2013 4:21 pm

I guess, the real reason is not unwanted sounds, the real reason is that the wife is pretty. :cool:
Raj, do not judge them and you won't be judged. His degrees worth nothing if he still lives with flatmates after marriage. And she is not a bimbo if she is trying to be on par with somebody intellectually higher. Maybe she is not at the same level yet, but if she's working on it, it's just temporary inconvenience.

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Fri, 22 Feb 2013 5:03 pm

Sergei82 wrote:I guess, the real reason is not unwanted sounds, the real reason is that the wife is pretty. :cool:
Raj, do not judge them and you won't be judged. His degrees worth nothing if he still lives with flatmates after marriage. And she is not a bimbo if she is trying to be on par with somebody intellectually higher. Maybe she is not at the same level yet, but if she's working on it, it's just temporary inconvenience.
lawl , I've known my room mate for years more than 2 decades as he was my school mate. I can judge him quite well indeed, I don't know why he married the current woman, he wanted to marry another girl he was seeing last year but she spurned his advances so he married the bimbo.
he also lives on a uni stipend so I offered to pay more rent and help the young couple out.
we don't have a real problem living with each other as such but for the occasional moaning about trivial things I need a thread like this :P

so sergei how is rosie palm then ? :P

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Fri, 22 Feb 2013 5:04 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Maybe he could ask the flatmates if they would be willing to share more than the sounds. :cool:
I'd rather dip my wick in molten wax :-|

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Post by Sergei82 » Fri, 22 Feb 2013 5:31 pm

rajagainstthemachine wrote:
You said she is pretty! :)

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Fri, 22 Feb 2013 5:43 pm

Sergei82 wrote:
yes but thats not everything mate

alittlerisky
Chatter
Chatter

Post by alittlerisky » Mon, 25 Feb 2013 11:37 am

rajagainstthemachine wrote: yes but thats not everything mate
Hmmm... sounds like you asked and were turned down to me.

:wink:

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Mon, 25 Feb 2013 12:14 pm

Sergei82 wrote:
rajagainstthemachine wrote: I'd rather dip my wick in molten wax :-|
yes but thats not everything mate
It's like real estate promotional materials: it just looks so enticing to make you want it badly until you get there and live and have the disappointment of your life.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Post by Sergei82 » Mon, 25 Feb 2013 12:55 pm

So, people, I still do not understand. A few questions:
1) Raj: are you saying that your friend is a stupid retarded idiot and cannot see who he is living with? If not, isn't it obvious that he is fine with her, maybe it is you the one who doesn't know something about her?
2) Nak: When being enticing became a flaw? There are bimbos, I don't argue, but what's the point of automatically categorizing every woman as a bimbo only because you think that approaching her for a chat will not make her immediately fall in love with you? You try to can take a "safe" path - dating an ugly one, but where is guarantee that she will not turn out to be even worse than the one that looks like a bimbo?

I think, the point is different, the point is: HAVING FLATMATES SUCKS!!! Big time. Millions of reasons can be found.