Singapore Expats

27/F just arrived from Chicago!

New here? Don't be shy. Introduce yourself here and expand your social network!
BBoll

27/F just arrived from Chicago!

Post by BBoll » Thu, 21 Feb 2013 2:04 pm

Hi all, 27/F, I just arrived in Singapore yesterday from Chicago, on my own, and would love to meet people to join me in exploring the city!

I am generally up for any sort of activity…
- brunch (favourite!)
- athletics (particularly enjoy running, yoga, and a newbie to rock climbing)
- tours (for any other newbies out there!)
- trying new restaurants (the Chicago restaurant scene turned me into a wannabe foodie!)
- happy hours
- concerts
- sport watching
- anything else!

Start work on Monday but no plans otherwise. If you're new in town too or wouldn't mind a tag along for any sort of activity please let me know! PM me or please leave your email - I'm also brand new to this forum and can't PM quite yet…

Bethany

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Akimbo » Thu, 21 Feb 2013 4:17 pm

I suppose you should be watching for the Brunch club in the 30's Club sub-forum. Poc4hontas will usually make things up every month.

As for the rest...well, I could invite you in my crew ;) but that's your choice to join in or not. I can assure you, we'll make you feel welcome. :cool:
My thread...The Weekenders If you need my e-mail address, it's in the first post of the thread.

jnotes

Post by jnotes » Thu, 21 Feb 2013 6:30 pm

Hey Bethany

Not been here long myself, i arrived from UK a few weeks ago. I'm staying in farrer park and am keen to meet some new people to go for drinks, hang out etc. let me know if you're interested and maybe we can meet.

Jas

BBoll

Post by BBoll » Fri, 22 Feb 2013 8:39 am

Akimbo - Thanks for the tip! I'll check out the other forum as well. Email me if you and your friends are planning something you wouldn't mind me tagging along for :) Bethanyboll at gmail.com

Jas - That would be great! I'm in Marina Bay area for now. Shoot me an email and we can figure something out!

MitulP
Regular
Regular

Hey

Post by MitulP » Fri, 22 Feb 2013 12:58 pm

Hey Bethany,

Hope you're settling in OK. I would be keen on drinks sometime, I usually meet up with a few different groups on Fridays - like to float around.

I shot you an email, hope you don't mind! I moved here from London some months ago, am 27/m and work in investment research!
27/M from London. Here to meet people.

BBoll

Post by BBoll » Fri, 22 Feb 2013 4:41 pm

Thanks, Mitul!

shaun84

Post by shaun84 » Fri, 22 Feb 2013 9:05 pm

Hi Bethany,

I just arrived today (22nd) so I am in exactly the same situation. I also start work on Monday, so will just be finding my feet over the weekend.

Feel free to drop me an email [email protected] if you'd like to arrange a hang out.

I'm always up for Happy Hour... ha!!

Shaun (28)

cshapiro

Post by cshapiro » Sun, 24 Feb 2013 8:32 pm

Hi Bethany and All -

I am a 25/F that just moved to Singapore from New York City about a week ago - so looking to meet some new friends as well. I am currently staying by the Farrer Park mrt stop.

Bethany, I sent you an email, so I hope you don't mind, hopefully we can grab a drink one day. My email is christine.shap at gmail.com

Christine

HA
Regular
Regular

Re: 27/F just arrived from Chicago!

Post by HA » Wed, 27 Feb 2013 5:31 pm

BBoll wrote: - athletics (particularly enjoy running, yoga, and a newbie to rock climbing)
- tours (for any other newbies out there!)
- concerts
- sport watching

Bethany

Hi Bethany,

I am also new to Singapore. Enjoy Running and have recently got into climbing (four sessions so far!). Pro at getting musical/concerts tickets if I like something. Let me know if you wanna hit for a run together.

H
Last edited by HA on Wed, 27 Feb 2013 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Akimbo » Wed, 27 Feb 2013 5:48 pm

Hey everyone, welcome to Singapore to those who just came, and hello to those who I've seen before (MitulP and BBoll definitely)

I just sent out e-mails for a simple outing this Sunday, perhaps you'd like to join some of us. Pretty good place to find great photos.
HA wrote: Pro at getting musical/concerts tickets if I like something.
I want to ask you HA...how DO you get the tickets? 8-)
My thread...The Weekenders If you need my e-mail address, it's in the first post of the thread.

HA
Regular
Regular

Post by HA » Wed, 27 Feb 2013 6:02 pm

Akimbo wrote:
I just sent out e-mails for a simple outing this Sunday, perhaps you'd like to join some of us. Pretty good place to find great photos.

I want to ask you HA...how DO you get the tickets? 8-)
:) Couple memberships (SSO etc), some god friends and good credit card treatment.

Can I join you guys this Sunday?

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Akimbo » Wed, 27 Feb 2013 8:31 pm

Sure, the more the merrier!

DaisyDivision

Post by DaisyDivision » Fri, 08 Mar 2013 10:35 am

Hi everyone,

I've also just recently arrived in Singapore and hoping to meet some friends! I like drinks, dinner, travel, brunch, languages, movies, concert, and (once I get used to the humidity) running/outdoors bootcamp training.

I am also looking for a condo share so any tips would be appreciated!

I have no plans this weekend so if anyone fancies brunch / drinks please PM me!

DaisyD
UK >>> SG >>> ??

cheng183

Post by cheng183 » Mon, 18 Mar 2013 2:47 pm

my is email is
[email protected]

DaisyDivision

Hi - Sunday plans

Post by DaisyDivision » Sat, 23 Mar 2013 7:47 am

Hi Bethany - Thanks for your PM. I can't post replies yet - is it possible to email me at [email protected] and I'll get back to you?

Otherwise Im planning to meet up with some others for a cheeky afternoon beer (or coffee) tomorrow from 4pm at Robertson Quay. All are welcome if you fancy joining! Send me an email (no PMs please as I can't reply) and I'll get back to you with the details.

x
UK >>> SG >>> ??