Singapore Expats

How long must I wait before I apply for a social pass again?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
rr84

How long must I wait before I apply for a social pass again?

Post by rr84 » Thu, 21 Feb 2013 12:09 pm

I am Indian, and I've been working in Singapore for the last 18 months. I resigned from my job last month, and my social pass is about to expire on the 1st of March. I applied for an extension of 30 days which got rejected, so I must now go back to my home country (India) before I apply for a social pass again.

The question is, do I have to wait for a specific time period before I apply, or can I do so immediately?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 21 Feb 2013 12:45 pm

If you were here on an EP and it was canceled then you cannot extend the SVP that is given upon cancellation of the EP. You have to return to your country of origin. I would figure 5 to 7 days minimum before returning, but I reckon you can always go on vacation for the same length of time somewhere closer. But I'm not sure it's a gamble I would be willing to take.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

rr84

Post by rr84 » Thu, 21 Feb 2013 1:59 pm

Thanks for the response!

Yes, I plan to take a breather, unwind and then apply for a social pass. A week or two sounds about right.