Singapore Expats

Looking for indian friends

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
indico

Photography

Post by indico » Fri, 20 May 2005 10:41 am

Indilens & Metroguy, I m also ok with u r plans, I ve never been
to botanical gardens too, being here almost a year now :( also no idea
where that mall tooo :( , u guys have to guide me please.

meet u guys on monday :)

---- Indico
Defeat the defeat before the defeat defeat you

Post by Guest » Fri, 20 May 2005 11:22 am

sapphire wrote:Meet at 7 effing am!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!! You guys are very serious about this, aren't u? :shock:

Do upload the pics later on, so we can all see them. Maybe next time, I'll join, but omg 7am may never work for me :(
I know it's very early. but 7am is about right for nature work.. that's when the flowers blossom and morning dew is still on!

But for others such as shooting sunrise, sunset and beaches, they have their own timing. Hopefully you can join for some of those events. will sure post some of the pics here. :D

metroguy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by metroguy » Fri, 20 May 2005 11:28 am

btw, last post was by me. forgot to login.
It's in my blood. B(e) Positive.

Indi.Lens
Regular
Regular

Post by Indi.Lens » Fri, 20 May 2005 1:52 pm

Hi folks,

Here is a trashy pic I casually clicked from my study window.
Settings are, 28mm, Av mode f5.6. Exp Compen = -1/2stop.
Look fwd to shoot decent landscape pics on this outing! Cheers.
Thou Art That

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Post by sapphire » Fri, 20 May 2005 3:21 pm

hey thats a cool pic. must say, nice view from your study window.

i guess u guys could upload pics on some yahoo site or webshots, and just post a link here. most of these sites have the slideshow facility, will be ideal if u have a bunch of pics.
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Post by sapphire » Fri, 20 May 2005 3:22 pm

btw, indi.lens, when do we get to see the siachen glacier pics? at least invite me over, if no one else :wink:
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Indi.Lens
Regular
Regular

Post by Indi.Lens » Fri, 20 May 2005 4:00 pm

Sapphire, Siachen pics are in quite a number to post on this thread. I have them on yahoo photos. Just pm your e-mail id and I can share the pics. Cheers!
Thou Art That

metroguy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by metroguy » Fri, 20 May 2005 4:03 pm

wow.. kewl mann!

looks like you are gonna be my teacher for the day!

Ind Babe
Regular
Regular

Post by Ind Babe » Fri, 20 May 2005 4:16 pm

Wow, Some view that is, Indi Lens... where in Singapore do you get treated to a view like that everyday?

Vidia, Ive already seen Kaal, I had actually posted my opinion about it when Sabrina asked, sometime ago. Just wanted to know if you've seen it n what you think about it, coz even I thought it was very different, a little weird.

Indilens, Metroguy, Indico....U guys have a good time on Monday....pls take lot of pics......would love to see what Singapore looks like at 7-8 in the morning on a long weekend :lol:
One life - live it!

Indi.Lens
Regular
Regular

Post by Indi.Lens » Fri, 20 May 2005 4:41 pm

Ind Babe wrote:Wow, Some view that is, Indi Lens... where in Singapore do you get treated to a view like that everyday?

Indilens, Metroguy, Indico....U guys have a good time on Monday....pls take lot of pics......would love to see what Singapore looks like at 7-8 in the morning on a long weekend :lol:
Hi Ind Babe
Thanks. Sure to shoot! A bit trigger happy with cams. I live in the west. Blessed are those who live near the so called "Hills" or Bukit of Singapore!!!! :)

Metroguy - A novice in Photography here! Lets learn more by being trigger happy and shoot, shoot and shoot!!!
Thou Art That

metroguy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by metroguy » Fri, 20 May 2005 4:49 pm

Sure Ind Babe! let's see what we can bring home on monday!

Indi Lens - I'm not even a novice..lol. Let's Shoot, Shoot and Shoot! :D

toxictanktops

Post by toxictanktops » Fri, 20 May 2005 5:21 pm

Indi.Lens wrote:
I live in the west. Blessed are those who live near the so called "Hills" or Bukit of Singapore!!!! :)
Indi.Lens.. is that the park at Bukit Batok? Guilin something? I pass it on my way home sometimes... it looks gorgeous!!

By the way.. I have an itsy bitsy teeny weeny cybershot sony... and it's not one of those new fangled ones :P

Can I join you guys? Any tips on angles and diagonals and all that amateur photgraphy mumbo-jumbo thrown my way will be much appreciated :D

metroguy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by metroguy » Fri, 20 May 2005 5:45 pm

TTT,

You are welcome to join us. Pls pm me your number or just show up at Tanglin McD. Let's learn from each other!

Seeya.

Neel

Hi !!!

Post by Neel » Fri, 20 May 2005 8:00 pm

Hey Guys,

i m gonna be back in singapore by next friday... sorry couldnt make it to the last invitation i got from saphire was down under in aussi land...

but hoping u guys would plan something nice next weekend .. cant wait to meet u all .. have been reading a lot of ur acts n must say they r pretty exciting ..

me 24 yr old Indian from UK would be working with MNC in singapore...

n we already had a long debate on age issue last time i posted that so look forward to see u planning something nice next weekend ..

hey can u post ur numbers so that i can stay in touch or how abt starting some yahoo egroup ?

Neel :)

Indi.Lens
Regular
Regular

Post by Indi.Lens » Fri, 20 May 2005 9:25 pm

Hey TTT

You guessed it right! Its the Little Gulin Lake in Bukit Gombak! Thats the daily Darshan in the morning for us at home!!

Please do join us. Dont worry about the kind of cam. As I previously mentioned, any cam even a phone-cam will do. Lets have fun shooting and not get too techie about photography.

Cheers!
Thou Art That