Singapore Expats

Credible CPA in Singapore that handles US taxes

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
fcomarin

Credible CPA in Singapore that handles US taxes

Post by fcomarin » Tue, 19 Feb 2013 8:54 am

Does anyone knows of a good CPA based in Singapore to do US tax returns?

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Re: Credible CPA in Singapore that handles US taxes

Post by zzm9980 » Tue, 19 Feb 2013 9:06 am

fcomarin wrote:Does anyone knows of a good CPA based in Singapore to do US tax returns?
Although not based in Singapore, I had a good experience with Artio who advertises on this forum. They have a sticky post above. You just scan and upload all of your documents to them. They handled my first partial year here, which included salaries and stock sales in both US and Singapore, no problem.

fcomarin

Post by fcomarin » Tue, 19 Feb 2013 9:28 am

Thank you!, I will contact them.

Brah
Manager
Manager

Post by Brah » Tue, 19 Feb 2013 12:49 pm

I've using a different one, and know of another I haven't used, happy to provide you details if you PM me.

Strongly suggest that you shop around and meet these firms/people. Which is not to say anything for or against zzm's info.

Then we can swap notes.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Tue, 19 Feb 2013 3:48 pm

Brah wrote:I've using a different one, and know of another I haven't used, happy to provide you details if you PM me.

Strongly suggest that you shop around and meet these firms/people. Which is not to say anything for or against zzm's info.

Then we can swap notes.
Yes, I agree to shop around if it is a really complicated situation. For me, it wasn't too complicated, but just complicated enough with having partial years in both countries that I wanted someone else to do it for the US. This year I'll do it all myself with Turbotax.com.