Singapore Expats

Parent prohibited from entering Singapore.

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 18 Jan 2013 6:23 pm

the lynx.

I agree with you. We are not getting the whole story so is useless to try to second guess what the heck is happening. If he doesn't know why doesn't he just ask his mother? Something smells fishy in Denmark, if you were to ask me.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

x9200

Post by x9200 » Sat, 19 Jan 2013 11:02 am

Yeah, all this sound weird. I can imagine a number of crimes that could trigger this kind of condition (i.e. against the state security) but then it is hard to think somebody would say "it happened years ago, should not be a problem". But over this line maybe it is also a part of the problem you are in the IT security business? Who knows.
As advised, you better ask your mother. You already got here the best possible help.

believeinmiracle

Post by believeinmiracle » Sat, 16 Feb 2013 3:07 am

Hey guys, sorry for replying so late..
I understand if you think that my story sounds fishy and weird.
why and how can a son doesn't know a shit about his mother.
I have a lot of questions about the case that I don't know myself.
The answer to your question why don't I just ask my mother is that I am not that close with my mom. I haven't been staying with her for very very long time. And she is quite aged.(I hope that explains)

All this time, in the midst of my busy time. I have been finding out the case.
I've found out the big picture of my mother case.
She was accused of the crime that she didn't do. She was accused of involvement in human trafficking.

I don't think I would go into the details, as it would bring more and more question that I don't think I know the answer myself.

I am thinking to probably find an attorney, to consult my matter, to find out where I stand in Singapore's(MOM/ICA) eyes.

Anyway guys, I came back to thank you again for your time and help.
Probably, I will come back to this forum after settling this matter. (hopefully with good news)
And if anyone of you could recommend me a good attorney who is expert in this matter, it would be highly appreciated.(Or if I should go to other section for this, please let me know ;) )

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Sat, 16 Feb 2013 11:45 am

believeinmiracle wrote:...I am thinking to probably find an attorney, to consult my matter, to find out where I stand in Singapore's(MOM/ICA) eyes.

...Probably, I will come back to this forum after settling this matter. (hopefully with good news)
And if anyone of you could recommend me a good attorney who is expert in this matter, it would be highly appreciated...
i'm not sure if it will apply to you, but other more experienced members have noted that using lawyers with ICA is a big no-no and generally a waste of money.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Sat, 16 Feb 2013 1:45 pm

If your mom was accused of being 'trafficked' (polite way of saying prostitute, sorry), then I don't think this would be held so hard against you, and I feel your application was still denied for something else as mentioned above.

If your mom was part of the criminal organization doing this, then you're likely f-cked. Sorry. Look for a job in the states if you want lip-service about life being fair and innocent until proven guilty. :)

believeinmiracle

Post by believeinmiracle » Sun, 17 Feb 2013 12:42 pm

@taxico
Thanks for reminding. But I am not going to use the lawyer to go against the ICA. I just want to know how bad my case is. To find out whether or not my mom's case has any relation to the rejection of my application, whether or not I am still eligible to work in Singapore, whether it is still possible for me to work or study in Singapore in the future.
I don't know where else to ask and to seek for help.

@zzm9980
not accused of being trafficked. But accused of being the "trafficker".

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 18 Feb 2013 9:28 am

believeinmiracle wrote:@zzm9980
not accused of being trafficked. But accused of being the "trafficker".
Uh ho .. !!!!

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Mon, 18 Feb 2013 1:44 pm

Sounds very serious if she was the trafficker....

believeinmiracle

Post by believeinmiracle » Tue, 19 Feb 2013 1:31 pm

@lynx

any idea how serious does it hold against me?

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Tue, 19 Feb 2013 1:35 pm

In all honesty, I am not in any enforcement agency, let alone ICA and MOM. But my common sense would say that your mom's past should not count against you. Unless someone else who is more familiar is able to confirm that.

But being prosecuted as a trafficker is huge. And that could be a separate matter from yours.

So it may be that you couldn't get approval to your pass at your own merit, after all.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Tue, 19 Feb 2013 2:18 pm

believeinmiracle wrote:@lynx

any idea how serious does it hold against me?
You're properly f-cked, fairly or not. Singapore gets a lot of heat for human trafficking from various holier than thou western organizations. Whether Singapore's bad reputation is for ignorance, indifference, or actual facilitation, the gahmen doesn't want that reputation to stick. The last thing they're going to do is let you in, when a few years from now your family name pops up in some appendix of an Amnesty International report as an example of Singapore's continued ignorance/indifference/facilitation by giving a visa to an associate of a known trafficker.