Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
vada

Post by vada » Sat, 22 Dec 2012 8:44 pm

Hi Wenhwa, how about your chin implant by Dr Lim Thiam Chye? Was it done to your expectation? Am looking at doing a chin implant. The board of doctors for aesthetics in NUH seems to same now still. Hope to be able to hear from you. Tx!
wenhwa wrote:
iamdanny wrote:
Timmy wrote:iamdanny hmmm i agreed with what wenhwa says cos when i brought my park han byul eye pic the doc did see my eye shape and hers compare and both we have almond shaped eye and he says it suits me then i soo happy then proceed.

so u must bring some pic to show doc consult him isit suitable.

i guess since my eye job is good nose shouldnt be problem cosi have seen alot ppl going to him even ppl from indonesian also lei

yah lor wenhwa the swollen part is the most unbearable period. like my eye that time sowllen like hell lor ... use cold pack to help it speedy de swell..

hmm so i have to bring afew celebs pics to show my doc wich kind of nose i wan ar? hmmm can i save my pics in hp n show him?? btw i seeing dr wong saw yeen in gleneagles next wed for rhinoplasty consult.. this fri i going to see prof tan in raffles for consult too.. i see wich doc can gv me the assurance n trust ba..

hmmm wenhwa u mind we meet up so that i can see how is ur new nose? cos hor nw i stil finding a gd nose doc yet to find one lor.. the dr seah u referring to is head of plastic surgery in NUH? care to gv me more details abt him?? thanks
Dr. Seah is not from NUH, he is from Plastic Surgery Associates from Gleneagles. He also operates in Vida Medical Centre alongside with Dr. Harry Fok.

vcuongpx

Cosmetic Surgery

Post by vcuongpx » Mon, 24 Dec 2012 10:53 am

I did a Non-ablative Rejuvenation to my face. Cost only 1.4million

Amber Wam

Re: Surgery Buddy KOREA in January

Post by Amber Wam » Mon, 04 Feb 2013 2:33 pm

cjchen wrote:I'm planning to do jaw surgery in Korea in January.
My first surgery in Korea at BK Clinic.
Would love a travel/ surgery buddy!
Hi, have you done the surgery at BK?
I am really interested in having surgery in Korea soon.

jeffchum9

Post by jeffchum9 » Mon, 11 Feb 2013 8:17 pm

Speaking from experience, if you made your expectations clear to your surgeon prior to surgery and the result is significantly short of what was agreed upon, I would suggest seeking out a more qualified and experienced surgeon. Your result is HIGHLY dependent on the skill of your surgeon. I had my rhinoplasty done in the Philippines by Dr Rino Lorenzo. Found his website while I was researching for overseas surgeon in Asia. Needless to say I got great results and better pricing.

Soong sister

Breast surgery in Korea

Post by Soong sister » Sun, 17 Feb 2013 8:13 pm

I notice jasmine Chang did went to wonjin clinic for breast augmentation. May I ask anyone went there as I short listed this clinic as well. Perhaps you could kindly share ?

And also did anyone have an experience with JW clinic in Korea for breast augmentation ?

Amber Wam

Re: Breast surgery in Korea

Post by Amber Wam » Mon, 18 Feb 2013 2:52 pm

Soong sister wrote:I notice jasmine Chang did went to wonjin clinic for breast augmentation. May I ask anyone went there as I short listed this clinic as well. Perhaps you could kindly share ?

And also did anyone have an experience with JW clinic in Korea for breast augmentation ?
I am going to go to Korea next week and wonjin is one of the clinics I am intending to go for consultation before having surgery.

I will let you know after I visit there.

chrislam

anybody going Bangkok for double eyelid

Post by chrislam » Sat, 02 Mar 2013 9:05 pm

Hi, i'm thinking of doing SET scareless double eyelid to make my eyes look bigger than current double eyelid.

anybody here is familiar with Thailand doc? or any group departure for cosmetic surgery & shopping trip? Pls email [email protected]

Thanks in advance

prettypenny99

Post by prettypenny99 » Mon, 18 Mar 2013 10:06 am

Based on my experience last February with my cosmetic surgery in Manila, Philippines, everything went smoothly. My experience was okay and I was confident with my doctor, Dr Rino Lorenzo. If you are confident with your doctor, studied his background and all, then you are more or less well on your way to a successful surgery.

Li Li

Post by Li Li » Tue, 19 Mar 2013 5:39 pm

Test

Li Li

Post by Li Li » Tue, 19 Mar 2013 7:12 pm

Has anyone have tummy tuck done by Colin Song from SGH? Can share your experience with him?

superstar wrote:Dear Hilda,
I've made appointment to do my tummy tuck in Nov. The time is drawing near & I do know that this is what I want but I'm also nervous about the risks. Care to share your experience with me? Did you do it on General or Local? My surgeon wants to use epidural. As you know, I'll be going to Bangkok & I'll be all alone. How was the pain? What medication did you take? How long before all pain was gone?
i'd really like to know more about your experience & if you don't mind, can you send me an email at [email protected]
. I'm really happy for you that it all went well. :D

mama with 3 kids wrote:Hello everyone,
I finally did my tummy tuck 2 weeks ago at SGH by Dr Colin Song. Got my belly button stitches remove (2nd visit after discharge) yesterday by Dr Song. Like Superstar, I was comtemplating to do it in Thailand (Phuket for me... surgeon quoted me US$3,000 all in with hospital stay) initially but after some thoughts & research, I've decided to do it in Singapore. Dr Song is really nice & caring...very informative and willing to share which is important. After seeing him, my mind was so much settled. It is more expensive to do it here but one of the main reason I drop the idea of going to Phuket is because I wanted to be near my family and having them around you during the first week of surgery is important as you will need help to do simple things. I stayed in SGH for 3 nites (btw the nurses and Dr Song were great! Am surprised to get such good service & care at govt hospital). Get off bed to walk after 3pm of day 2. Slept with my back elevated and legs flexed for a week as I cannot stand or lie straight like normal. Gotta be careful that I don't 'pop' the stitches inside and outside. If anyone of you are interested to know more detail of what happened after surgery, I'll be happy to share.

It is too early to tell at this stage because there are still swellings (will go away slowly approx 6 months time per Dr Song) BUT I'm really happy with my tummy now, looks so much better before the op even though the swellings are still there! No regrets! All I need to do now is to take good care of my wound and scar so that they heal nicely.

Cheers!
Hilda

seekbeauty

Re: Breast surgery in Korea

Post by seekbeauty » Wed, 03 Apr 2013 8:57 am

have you done your surgery at S.Korea????
share your experience plz.
Amber Wam wrote:
Soong sister wrote:I notice jasmine Chang did went to wonjin clinic for breast augmentation. May I ask anyone went there as I short listed this clinic as well. Perhaps you could kindly share ?

I am going to go to Korea next week and wonjin is one of the clinics I am intending to go for consultation before having surgery.

I will let you know after I visit there.

itsumobaby

An extract of the full report of ID hospital in Korea

Post by itsumobaby » Sat, 06 Apr 2013 10:46 pm

Problems caused on my face after acculift and sliding genio and mini v line in ID hospital by Dr Park done at 4/2012

2.)over sucked acculift(lipo) on the cheeks causing depression (a massive dent on the cheeks)
3.) left and right cheek completely asymmetrical as well one side has more fat being suck and the other less
4.) over corrected in chin reduction that cause chin looks detached form the top half f the face
5.) Irregularies of the chin, the right side looks as if someone took a bite from it while the left side is less sevre
6.) Nerve damage, lower teeth still feels numb 1 year after the operation

Nearly a year after the surgery 3/2013:

I finally booked my ticket to go back, to search for a solution and an answer or an apology from them.

A meeting with Dr Park almost 1 year after the surgery:

They sent a consultant to see me first, her name is Ena to discuss what is wrong. I successfully obtained an important piece of proof from her:
During our conversation I asked her ‘its not Dr Park who did the operation right?’
She hastily replied out of panic ‘ well but he is the one made sure everything is alright before the operation and he monitors things after the operation too…’
I caught this on my portable recorder. Bingo.

So Park came in after a long wait. He didn’t even make to effort to be polite. He coldly asked me what the problem is again after I explained in details with Ena for 20 mins.

A.)
I didn’t even have the time to explain things since he is so impatient and kept interrupting me with ‘I don’t know what you are saying’ every 2 seconds, which I am guessing that means ‘ I refuse to admit I did a shit job’
B.)
When I indicated too much bone has been removed, oddily he replied:’ YOUR CHIN IS ORGINALLY THIS SMALL I didn’t remove any bone! What are you talking about?!! It takes 6 years of medical knowledge to understand the mechanism so I wont bother’
wtf??!! Not only he didn’t do the operation, he didn’t even make the effort to read my file properly before entering the room, he didn’t even know Mini-V was done beside genioplasty since he was the one who suggested I have a bigger chin than I needed. He also didn’t bother explaining and treated me like a retard.
Out of anger I said:’ do you know ‘you’ did a mini- V line on me as well? No you don’t! because you didn’t do the operation’
He panicked, startled for a few seconds and replied “ I have so many patients I don’t know…’
Then kept laughing oddly and coldly in a very creepy way for the rest of the conversation,â€Â

itsjesschung

Re: Cosmetic Surgery

Post by itsjesschung » Mon, 22 Apr 2013 4:34 pm

vcuongpx wrote:I did a Non-ablative Rejuvenation to my face. Cost only 1.4million
Hi may i know what is this Non-ablative Rejuvenation? is it for whitening, pigmentation, or anti-aging?

and which clinic in korea did u get the treament done at?

looking forward to your review! :D

bensonwilles

Post by bensonwilles » Tue, 23 Apr 2013 2:11 pm

Hello!! I m New here!! :) :)

JJ Lim82

Post by JJ Lim82 » Fri, 03 May 2013 1:30 am

sadgirl wrote:Can someone please tell me where to get a good eyelid plastic surgeon. I need to go for a revision. Mine was done last year and looks awful with one big and one small. I'm like going crazy looking at the mirror everyday. If possible kindly recommend surgeon from malaysia.
Hey Sadgirl,

Im new in this forum. Actaully we are in the same situation. I'm frm M'sia n the china lady has spoiled my eyes (i did the revision by her as well, but the result more worse!) After the revision, i have sit infront of PC everyday when i woke up n doing research as many as i can. My b.f also complaint bout me, but he dont understand my feeling.

I think of revise at Korea, but the cost is super expensive. Now i'm researching info bout surgery in Thailand. If possible, dont go revise at local anymore as i think most of Dr skills is just for primary surgery.

If you need help just email me: [email protected] We can actually ex change the info our plan to Thailand for the surgery. Actaully, i dont afraid to go alone, but i cant find a good dr yet.