Singapore Expats

Renewal of PR

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
trishawn quiel

Post by trishawn quiel » Sun, 10 Feb 2013 7:32 am

im sure that i can support myself and my daughter without my husband as i can work independently. I am a professional and graduate in a bachelors degree..

I just really hope that when i apply my REP online it will be granted to that i can still go back and forth here in philippines in case of any emergency regarding my daughter.

Thank u all for reading my story.

I hope for some more advice's.

FaeLLe
Chatter
Chatter

Post by FaeLLe » Sun, 10 Feb 2013 12:12 pm

trishawn quiel wrote:im sure that i can support myself and my daughter without my husband as i can work independently. I am a professional and graduate in a bachelors degree..

I just really hope that when i apply my REP online it will be granted to that i can still go back and forth here in philippines in case of any emergency regarding my daughter.

Make sure you are in Singapore when you apply REP, so denied or not you are in....

trishawn quiel

Post by trishawn quiel » Sun, 10 Feb 2013 2:26 pm

oh ok. incase it is denied via online and my REP is still valid i cant go in singapore already?

pls pls pls i need advice..

thank u

enslaved

Post by enslaved » Sun, 10 Feb 2013 2:59 pm

Faelle,
trishawn's daughter is from her own previous marriage in philipines, so she don't have to worry about taking posession.

trishawn,
well, you did mistakes from very first in marrying him, when he had plan to house you in the flat which he owns together with his ex. secondly you should not have let him to stay with his ex while you decided to stay elsewhere. It shows, neither you nor he had needed each other. So you should be ready to forfeit anything that had come though him, in order to put fullstop for these chain of mistakes from continuing.

However, you don't have to seek the non-renewal. You arrive here with a cash of about 5K (for your initial expenses until you get job), and change the REP to your new passport (This will be done quite fast by security-staff-looking-staffs in ICA in less than 2 minutes.). And just strive hard to get a job. (Btw, you will have to find a care-taker for your daughter in Philippines). But the life is going to be hard in Singapore.

trishawn quiel

Post by trishawn quiel » Mon, 11 Feb 2013 11:16 am

Enslaved,

Thank u s much for your reply,

It really helps..

yes me and my mom talk already regarding this and she will take care of my daughter.

May Lord God guide me in this.

God bless us all..

kenza

Post by kenza » Wed, 13 Feb 2013 12:04 pm

Hi trishawn. Honestly, the chances is very low.

1. You been away form SG for too long. ( Any vaild reason?)
2. Married and divorced is something ICA very partical about.( Fake married)
3. Have you declare your income tax or CPF for the past years?( Jobless?)

From ICA point of view, I don't see there is any improvement or economic contribution after they approve your PR. There are always 2 side of a coin. You can't have the best of both world and you are not the only 1. Plenty of new PRs approval leave SG and come back when time for renewal.

rockinsg

Post by rockinsg » Thu, 14 Feb 2013 9:55 pm

I don't get it.
Why you don't file for divorce in Singapore?
Surely Singapore lawyer and courts won;t care about Philippines annulment laws.

You should get here as soon as possible while valid REP remains.
Look for a Job and alongside file for a divorce here.

Even if they don't renew PR you still have valid REP for stay and your daughter can visit on social visit if needed.

nakatago

Re: Renewal of PR

Post by nakatago » Fri, 15 Feb 2013 7:06 am

quoting in case they get wiped out.
trishawn quiel wrote:hi i am a filipina married to a singaporian citizen who is working as an engr and he is a chinese i am already a PR and i need to renew it soon

the problem is we are already separated few months after we got married and got my PR i had been always traumatize by her x wife that i decided to just leave as she told she will surely kill me now she is already in canada but i still didnt go back to my husband as i was very afraid something might happen to me.

I stayed here in philippines for almost 4 years now and i need to renew my PR this year.

We are not yet divorced and also i didnt ask for any maintenance as a wife and didnt go back to SG to prove my self that i am not after on anything on him even though i am a single mom from my previous relationship when we are not yet married.

But now things are getting very hard for me as my daughter is already growing up and i am thinking that it is still better for me to go back singapore and try to renew my PR

would there be a chance that it will be granted via online? i have all the documents needed to prove..

thank you and pls pls pls im begging for advices and help
trishawn quiel wrote:when we got married her xwife and me lives in the same house.and everyday they fight and her wife wanted to kill me.

thats why he decided for me to go back here in philippines until such time that i decided not to go back to him already for i was really traumatize for what happened. I have a daughter that needs me incase something might happen to me then no one will take care of her thats why i decided to save my life.

now that the x wife is already away i want to try to go back to Singapore and work.

I still have our original marriage cert and my REP and blue IC. Also renew my passport.

It is stated there that i must bring this documents but i am afraid that they might not renew my REP?

What should i do?

Pls help me
trishawn quiel wrote:i want to go back to Singapore and work.

about the divorce ill wait for him to do it.

because here in philippines we dont have divorce as i am a filipina i am still under philippine law and i cant file a divorce ;'(
trishawn quiel wrote:I am not willing to settle things with him already, as he also had been hurting me physically,

when i left i also didnt ask for anything and he didnt support me in any way..

I cant file divorce as philippine law only have annulment and bcoz i am married in singapore he will only be the one that can apply divorce.

for now i dont have any communications to him already for about 3 years.

Thank you so much for the advice at least now im begining to understand.

is there no chance that i can renew my REP? as i worry for my daughter coz no one will take care of her ;'(
trishawn quiel wrote:I dont have any report of his physical abuse.. But neighbor can be my witness on how he abuse me physically ;"(
trishawn quiel wrote:It is because our law here in philippines dont have divorce only 2 country in this world dont have divorce law we only have annulment so then if we are married oveaseas like singapore only the husband can apply for divorce because i am still a filipina. It was explained to me by a philippines lawyer

I am very gratefull for your reply. Actually i am planing what u had advice that i work there and return after a few months to see my daughter. That is why my fingers are crossed hoping that i can renew my REP.

I am very thankful for ur reply. I hope we can be friends i appreciate your advice so much.

May Lord God bless u more
trishawn quiel wrote:even if Singapore ICA dont know that we are already seperated but not formally my chances are still low?

even if i renew it online do i still need to tell them about my situation?

or lets say in Singapore overseas mission here in philippines as i am not in Singapore. If they dont ask do i still have to tell them that we are not legally and formally separated?

Will it still be low chance to get and renew my REP?

pls pls pls...

i need help about this..
trishawn quiel wrote:im sure that i can support myself and my daughter without my husband as i can work independently. I am a professional and graduate in a bachelors degree..

trishawn quiel wrote:oh ok. incase it is denied via online and my REP is still valid i cant go in singapore already?

pls pls pls i need advice..

thank u
trishawn quiel wrote:Enslaved,

Thank u s much for your reply,

It really helps..

yes me and my mom talk already regarding this and she will take care of my daughter.

May Lord God guide me in this.

God bless us all..
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Post by Sergei82 » Fri, 15 Feb 2013 9:40 am

So the guy divorced his wife, married a Filipina, kept living with ex-wife and Filipina-wife together... unless he is Swedish, my brain is about to explode! :o
Oh... he is Singaporean... and wife is Canadian? Canadians allow to do it with themselves?

trishawn quiel

Post by trishawn quiel » Sat, 16 Feb 2013 9:54 pm

we had been married after 2 years of boyfriend/girlfriend he told me that he is already separated and filing divorce. then he said we can already get married in Singapore i did not even know that the xwife and his son are still staying with us although they are already divorce. her wife was very angry that he bring me to Singapore and the plan was his son will be with us and her chinese wife will go to canada already as they are already divorce.

when i reach there in two days time we will get marry already so then the wife was very angry with me she felt that the guy divorce her because of me and everyday she wanted to kill me. so then my mind was really in shock of all that happens but unfortunately we still get married.

at first he apply for my long term visit pass and it was granted. due to some of his issue to her wife he ask me to go back philippines and he will settle eveything first already.

so then i did go back philippines even if we are already married. after around 5 months he told me that he agree that his son custody will be with her wife in canada as they are also a canadian PR. although i know it is also very painful to him as he only have one son he agreed that his son will be in his wife custody.

then he ask me back to singapore. after that we applied for my PR and it was granted but he has change so much and blaming me for losing his Son also come to a point that he is hurting me physically already and her x wife friends threatening me too and same as her x wife via email.

so then i decided to go back philippines for not only once and twice he had hurt me but for a lot of times. emotionally and physically

i had never ask even for a single cent on him for almost four years.

but if i will be given a chance i hope i can renew my REP because i still want to be with my daughter till she reach 10 years old and she will turn 10 this year already.

regarding divorce i hope he be the one to file for it as i dont have any money as i believe it will cost me so much?

i hope my story is clear now and can get more advices about my REP. will it still be granted even if we are separated? we are separated but until now not formally, also can i ask for maintenance? for i am still her legal wife?

pls pls pls help me

an advice will be very very much appreciated

trishawn quiel

Post by trishawn quiel » Mon, 18 Feb 2013 11:03 am

pls i need advices

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Post by Sergei82 » Mon, 18 Feb 2013 11:11 am

Myself - I tend not to give advice, I prefer giving information. I only can advise telling you what I would do if I were you. But we are different. And if you were just like me, you would've guessed what to do yourself.

therat
Editor
Editor
Answers: 2

Post by therat » Mon, 18 Feb 2013 11:14 am

I'm not too sure , it is just only me.

For what I feel, I think you are not asking for advice. You are asking for support that telling you.

Yes, you can renew your REP

trishawn quiel

Post by trishawn quiel » Mon, 18 Feb 2013 11:24 am

yes correct maybe i am looking for advice because i am worried. thank you