Singapore Expats

Singapore Public Transport Safety Video

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
WanWanWan

Singapore Public Transport Safety Video

Post by WanWanWan » Fri, 15 Feb 2013 8:52 pm

Last time I was in Singapore, early 2008, I enjoyed the marvelous public transport system before returning to the non-functioning shambles we have back here.

While riding the trains, there was one of those public service safety videos that would play between advertisements. It was a 'don't leave luggage unattended' video: someone would leave a suitcase behind on the train, a lady would notice and call security, and the train would get evacuated just in time before the entire thing blew up spectacularly.

Perhaps I am somewhat sadistic, but I enjoy the idea of a safety video that ends in an explosion. It is a lot more interesting than the boring ones we have here that involve a lot of men standing around talking and shaking hands.

I've checked their website but cannot find it. Does anyone know the video I am talking about?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 15 Feb 2013 10:19 pm

Yeah, I remember it. I think it got blown up. I've been riding the trains since they first started.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Fri, 15 Feb 2013 10:24 pm

That video used to be play until very recently like 2010 or something. The mumbai terror attack was used as an example in that video.

BTW, WanWanWan, In all your posts so far I have noticed, you keep referring to "here" instead of giving out where you are right now, you are making me more and more curious where you are from? Its ok if you dont want to tell. But from all your posts the picture I am getting is the place is clearly worse than SG.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Fri, 15 Feb 2013 10:42 pm

trebleclef81

Post by trebleclef81 » Sat, 16 Feb 2013 11:32 am

that would be the first video in the link x9200 posted...

I watched that video many times before on the train, and I always thought what unsightly teeth the actress has. Doesn't help that she speaks showing her teeth all the time as if to be particularly clear, because the video has no sound!

WanWanWan

Post by WanWanWan » Sat, 16 Feb 2013 9:02 pm

Wd40 wrote:BTW, WanWanWan, In all your posts so far I have noticed, you keep referring to "here" instead of giving out where you are right now, you are making me more and more curious where you are from? Its ok if you dont want to tell. But from all your posts the picture I am getting is the place is clearly worse than SG.
I mentioned in my first post http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/ftopic ... highlight= that I am in Australia. I will be happy to leave.
x9200 wrote:Anything in here:
http://www.safejourney.sg/videos.asp

?
x9200, thank you! Unfortunately, I can only use my phone for the internet at the moment (not one company covers my current town), and it does not let me watch videos. I will have to wait until Monday when I can watch it at work. Thank you! I can't wait!