Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
Katherine

Post by Katherine » Wed, 18 May 2005 9:28 am

Hi Gigi and Eve,

How's the results of your consultations? Does the doctor sound convincing during the consultation? I actually went to one of the doctor from another hospital, and at that time Im quite determined for the operation. However, after the consultation Im reluctant to proceed because Im not that comfortable with the doctor. Did the doctor explain to you clearly how is he going to operate and what type of shape is he going to perform that suits you?

Can I email you instead? I got the links above, and will email you.

Katherine

doubleyelid101

double eyelid surgery

Post by doubleyelid101 » Wed, 18 May 2005 10:57 am

i have single eyelids and would like double eyelids
very cautious about going for plastic surgery and letting someone cut me with a knife
need a good and dependable doctor
anyone with satisfied results? want to recommend me a good doctor in malaysia or singapore?
advise and recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

painful

double eyelid

Post by painful » Thu, 19 May 2005 12:39 am

hey double eyelid,

I am going to the Bumrungrad hospital on friday.I have been reading alot of feedbacks and i would give Dr.Huang in singapore as 1st choice judging from many succcess stories coming from the patients and most likely i would have mine done in bangkok as i know its quite impossible for me to be able to afford over 5k for an eyelid job.

Considering the fact that bangkok is cheap yet the best in plastic surgery,i would suggest doing it where its best known for fantastic results....Bangkok that is!

painful yet worth it.

btw: I have done a nose job before,it is too natural but i am not contented and would be more than happy to have it further reduced.I went to Anga's at J.B(i know it may sound dodgy to u all) but my model friends recommended it to me and Dr. Anga has over 13years of experience and his office boasts of many achievements and certificates of success.
About doctor Anga, he is very practical and he would tell you what is best suit for your face. He carries a non human expression on his but it is what they say their skills matters most and ok, enough,my final conclusion here is,if u are dead broke and woould settle for minimal charges and a natural or a not much of a change look then go to him but if u demand perfection then please go to bangkok or Dr. Huang in paragon.
My next appointment with Dr.Huang is in july. Yes,He is that busy.And maybe too popular.

painful

Post by ... » Thu, 19 May 2005 10:15 am

I read with interest, this amazing thread and can't help but to wonder if you guys (meaning those who PS one after the other) are really that desperately ugly or just in need of a good psychiatric counselling.

There are so many things in this world to worry about besides your 'too natural nosejob'.

To put it bluntly, even if you get your dream plastic face or body, nothing will change the sense of insecurity, discontent and self loathing some of you have inside.

Please note I am only directing this to those who seem addicted to surgery.

interested one

Post by interested one » Thu, 19 May 2005 7:49 pm

hmm..the doctor anga guy sounds very attractive.

haha, i'm not very rich, and wld like only a little alterations for my nose.

anymore information abt him?

like the price... place, and how to contact?

i have a little pimples, is it still possible to conduct the operation still??

sad, sad, sad

Post by sad, sad, sad » Thu, 19 May 2005 8:08 pm

This is the saddest and most pathetic discussion I have ever heard. No wonder the world is the way it is. Disposable people creating a disposable society.

Eve

Re: ...

Post by Eve » Fri, 20 May 2005 1:20 pm

... wrote:I read with interest, this amazing thread and can't help but to wonder if you guys (meaning those who PS one after the other) are really that desperately ugly or just in need of a good psychiatric counselling.

There are so many things in this world to worry about besides your 'too natural nosejob'.

To put it bluntly, even if you get your dream plastic face or body, nothing will change the sense of insecurity, discontent and self loathing some of you have inside.

hi guest ..., are you the one who saw Dr Loh in Penang before? Can tell me how to contact him?

swen

Different between suture and laser double eyelids...

Post by swen » Sat, 21 May 2005 5:16 pm

In the suture double eyelids technique there is no cutting and no tissue removed. The sutures are passed in and out of the eyelid and are buried, and remain there permanently. This is best in younger patients with thin eyelids with little fat.

The laser technique is like other Asian blepharoplasty cutting techniques, but the laser is used to cut. The skin is cut with a special radio frequency tool (to avoid scarring), and the CO2 laser is then used to cut and remove a thin strip muscle and fat. Then two layers of stitches are used to make the crease and close the skin. The stitches on the skin dissolve by themselves after a week or 10 days.

The CO2 laser has lectured in cosmetic and reconstructive eyelid surgery at medical meetings since year 90. The laser allows a much more precise surgery, with less swelling and bruising. Only the deeper layers are cut with the laser, not the skin, to avoid any scarring. There are important benefits in precision and faster recovery.

Most of the time there is no visible scar after the healing is complete. With the laser/cutting technique, the skin is cut with a radio frequency device, to eliminate the chance that the laser could scar the skin. Then only the deeper layers are cut with the laser. The incision is hidden deep inside the crease. If you have a history of abnormal scarring, there are medications that can be used to help prevent excess scarring.

need ans

Post by need ans » Sun, 22 May 2005 9:51 am

hello, i wld like to noe how the payment of the surgeries are like? do i have to pay all at once? be it a nose job or dbl eye lids....??

and if the operation has undesirable effects aft the operation, and have to undergo a re-surgery, who have to pay for this? the surgeon or me?

i dun think is nice to ask the surgeon this so i'll juz ask ard..

plz ans, thx u.

Post by Guest » Mon, 23 May 2005 12:21 am

have anybody heard of this dr.yeap and went to the surgery? i'm interested in rhinoplasty..

www.clyeapsurgery.com.sg/non_flash/abt_us.htm

^Pink^

Re: Double eyelid surgery

Post by ^Pink^ » Tue, 24 May 2005 12:21 pm

IndigoWantsDoubleEyelid wrote:Pink,

Did you go to Korea for the double eyelid surgery? How is it? How much is the total fee? Kindly let me know... Im interested too... thank you.
Im interested in rhinoplasty not the eyelid surgery. Thinking of doing it on june or july. Eyelid surgery i think it costs around USD 1500-2000
Are you still interested?

Rabbit

Re: Double eyelid surgery

Post by Rabbit » Tue, 24 May 2005 10:30 pm

Anonymous wrote:have anybody heard of this dr.yeap and went to the surgery? i'm interested in rhinoplasty..

www.clyeapsurgery.com.sg/non_flash/abt_us.htm
Yes. I've done ala reduction (reduce nostril size) with him 2 yrs ago. I'm not happy with the result cos there's only marginal or "invisible" improvement!!!

1st there is no drawing etc. to show you how is the result going to be like. So at my 2nd pre-op consultation, I draw it myself and tell him the measurement that I want to reduce. The only answer I had is, "can be done and it will be natural". If I know the current result is what I'm getting, which is no improvement plus 2 little scars at the corner of my nostril, I would rather saved my S$1,700!

In my 1 wk post-op check, I was not very happy and he said it's still swollen, wait till it settled. But in my 1 mth post-op check, I expressed explicitely that I'm not happy with the result, and the answer was... "it does get smaller than before, right? It has to go with the look of your face". I'm really wordless.

Not sure if my nose is really in need of more than an ala reduction, but a very thorough communication to ensure the end result is what you get is definitely important. Don't rely on the doctor's judgement cos he think what is "natural" to you may not be what you want!

Post by Guest » Wed, 25 May 2005 12:18 am

hmm, thx for sharing. thts quite bad.. like spending abt 2k and nothing changes..

Post by ... » Wed, 25 May 2005 6:58 pm

Eve wrote:
... wrote:I read with interest, this amazing thread and can't help but to wonder if you guys (meaning those who PS one after the other) are really that desperately ugly or just in need of a good psychiatric counselling.

hi guest ..., are you the one who saw Dr Loh in Penang before? Can tell me how to contact him?
It was many years agom back in 98 I think. Look his clinic up on the internet he might be listed. Loh Laser Clinic.

If you see him again let me know if he's as cute as he was so many years back

eve

Post by eve » Wed, 25 May 2005 9:35 pm

... wrote:
Eve wrote:

It was many years agom back in 98 I think. Look his clinic up on the internet he might be listed. Loh Laser Clinic.

If you see him again let me know if he's as cute as he was so many years back
Hello guest ..., thanks for reply. I have tried to search his clinic using search engine, but failed to locate him. Do you know his clinic contact details?