Singapore Expats

Singapore & US life cost comparison

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
vink2
Regular
Regular

Post by vink2 » Sun, 03 Feb 2013 7:18 am

a) i'm from new york and you'll get punched for smiling at someone on the train. or from your front stoop, even.

b) they're gonna hope it works out for the best and keep plugging away.

c) look at b)

d) they sell organic food in all big cities. yes, they will cost more. i have not heard of a place in world where everything is organic and cheap.

many health conscious people would want to move to such a place.
I see NYC has smart people. Who may answer without confrontation.
you might be the reason why the government wants to take away our 2nd amendment rights. ha!
I don't think that your gov takes care about me. I don't look like non-organic guy, anyway.

vink2
Regular
Regular

Post by vink2 » Sun, 03 Feb 2013 7:23 am

coming from a european?

hahahahahahahahahahhahahaha

you clearly have no f-cking clue about anything you're talking about. just get the f-ck out of here already.
This makes me smiles and I start to believe about that American-geography problem. Lots of European countries doesn't have huge-debt problem and unemployment is low and they are optimistic about the future.
Educate yourself about Europe, by the end of the day.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 03 Feb 2013 11:05 am

Trolls love getting a response. Any response. As long as you keep feeding the troll, he is happy as it gives him reason to go on. and on. and on......... :roll:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Brah
Manager
Manager

Post by Brah » Sun, 03 Feb 2013 11:24 am

No, we're well past that now SMS, now it's about Troll roadkill.

vinky, this one's for you, every time you post I can't help but think of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUfk1dS64aM#t=0m25s
Last edited by Brah on Sun, 03 Feb 2013 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Sun, 03 Feb 2013 12:01 pm

You give him a lot of credit.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Sun, 03 Feb 2013 3:56 pm

What the f-ck does that have to do with geography?

http://www.economist.com/blogs/graphicd ... y-chart-10

Britian, Spain, France, Italy, ahead of the US. Pretty sure those are in Europe. Oh, and "fiscally conservative" Germany, also pretty sure that is in Europe, right behind! But feel free to ask another one of your stupid questions to deflect.
Last edited by zzm9980 on Mon, 04 Feb 2013 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Sun, 03 Feb 2013 5:09 pm

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Mon, 04 Feb 2013 9:51 am

What a hypocrite. Bashing Americans on his perverted sense of factual logic, while calling out others trying to correct him as 'emotional'.

vink2, please stop being a hypocrite. The minute you kept asking inane questions about other nationalities and calling them factual while accusing others as emotional, you've lost the final micron of my respect to you.

alittlerisky
Chatter
Chatter

Post by alittlerisky » Mon, 04 Feb 2013 1:09 pm

to quote Balbrick from Blackadder: "Irony...its a bit like goldy and bronzey isn't it?"

Jesus..
Who? What? How? Why? Where? When? Merde...

vink2
Regular
Regular

Post by vink2 » Thu, 07 Feb 2013 4:10 pm

Guys, could you please give me some advices regarding US travel.
I will be arriving in New York and will be returning back from Dallas.
I want to see nice US cities. Probably I will go by bus (greyhound) from New York to Seattle and down to San Francisco and from there to Dallas.
I know what I'm doing and it is not the first time when I travel long distances by bus. I want to make stops in between and see nice cities. What are the best cities to see in US: especially somewhere in the midst of the country? Coz I know Boston, Washington etc, but not sure where is the best place to make stops with my bus travel. And what is the most scenic road to travel in US? Probably, I may change my route and go to San Francisco from New York by greyhound.

Anyway, please advice give me the best route from west to east with nice stops and will use it (flexible to change NYC to other departure point also).

Thanks.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Thu, 07 Feb 2013 5:53 pm

Take Amtrak (the train), not Greyhound.

Chicago is a very nice city in the middle of the country. So is Denver. Unless you have specific interests, I can't recommend anything else. Also depends on the time of the year.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 07 Feb 2013 5:59 pm

Timbuktu?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

vink2
Regular
Regular

Post by vink2 » Thu, 07 Feb 2013 6:49 pm

zzm9980 wrote:Take Amtrak (the train), not Greyhound.

Chicago is a very nice city in the middle of the country. So is Denver. Unless you have specific interests, I can't recommend anything else. Also depends on the time of the year.
Thanks, I thought about Amtrak also, but it looks bloody expensive.
What do you think about Kansas City, Kansas; St Louis, Missouri; Minneapolis, Minnesota? Also, are there any interesting cities/places in Montana, N/S Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming, Idaho, Oregon states?

I also will be travelling buy land from San Francisco to Texas. Do Arzona or New Mexico have something interesting on a road?

Thanks.

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Thu, 07 Feb 2013 10:53 pm

vink2 wrote:Guys, could you please give me some advices regarding US travel.

...Probably I will go by bus (greyhound) from New York to Seattle and down to San Francisco and from there to Dallas...
you gonna be inconvenienced by the bus. take the train and get a sleeper (or not, if you're okay with smelling feet and butt).

i made friends on the train more easily than on the bus.

otherwise rent a car or rv.

i love it when i dispenses advices to the masses. advises! it's plenty good.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Fri, 08 Feb 2013 12:58 am

If your idea of a vacation is permanently traveling and never arriving, stopping and 'seeing' anywhere Greyhound is the slum way to do it.

What are your priorities? Ticking cities off a long list?

-----------
p.s. With the best will in the world - had you figured that asking this over on

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/f ... forumID=26 [i.e. re: travelling in the USA]

... might yield better results. You know, a forum of people who have been to America, and traveled there often on a budget would seem a bit of a leg-up compared to a group of $minted-up expats on the other side of the world who are focused upon life in Singapore.