Singapore Expats

Citizenship Application

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
ravismiles4u

Citizenship Application

Post by ravismiles4u » Wed, 30 Jan 2013 10:43 am

Dear Guru's,

It has been 4 months since i applied citizenship. I'm working for an MNC.
I've been in Singapore for more than 4 years and more than 3 years as PR.

I've applied for me alone as my wife and son was not PR at the time of my application.

The status when i check online is always Pending.

Can anyone please let me know how much time do ICA take to process my application? can any one share their experience in citizenship?

Thanks & Regards,
Ravi Kanth

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Re: Citizenship Application

Post by the lynx » Wed, 30 Jan 2013 10:50 am

ravismiles4u wrote:Dear Guru's,

I've applied for me alone as my wife and son was not PR at the time of my application.

Can anyone please let me know how much time do ICA take to process my application? can any one share their experience in citizenship?

Thanks & Regards,
Ravi Kanth
1. Start worrying only if it takes more than one year. That's normal.

2. Better to apply after one cycle of REP. But you have already applied so...

3. Hmm, based on what I'm seeing, it may not be positive in your case. But I would like to hear what other forum regulars think as well.

Saint
Director
Director

Re: Citizenship Application

Post by Saint » Wed, 30 Jan 2013 10:59 am

ravismiles4u wrote:Dear Guru's,

Thanks & Regards,
Ravi Kanth
Absolutely no chance of being approved

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 30 Jan 2013 11:14 am

Well, I won't go so far as to say absolutely no chance, but I wouldn't bet a slug nickle on it being successful. :-|
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

gippy

Post by gippy » Wed, 30 Jan 2013 4:40 pm

How about govt KPI to bring Singapore consist of half foreigner? Increase more PR and citizen due slow fertile rate?
I don't know what is the impact after announcement but I think it will be good for us who willing to convert to citizen or those apply for PR

Cheers,

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 30 Jan 2013 8:49 pm

gippy wrote:How about govt KPI to bring Singapore consist of half foreigner? Increase more PR and citizen due slow fertile rate?
I don't know what is the impact after announcement but I think it will be good for us who willing to convert to citizen or those apply for PR

Cheers,
Only if you are not from the Subcontinent. If from there, fergeddit. At least until the population of that ethnic grouping is back to 7% from the current 9+% that caused the pogrom in the first place.

Anyway, that's not going to happen that soon. They got to weed out the crappy PR's first and that's the majority of them.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Thu, 31 Jan 2013 3:14 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Anyway, that's not going to happen that soon. They got to weed out the crappy PR's first and that's the majority of them.

The bird songs from the forest will be completed in a year and a half
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

gippy

Post by gippy » Thu, 31 Jan 2013 5:37 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
gippy wrote:How about govt KPI to bring Singapore consist of half foreigner? Increase more PR and citizen due slow fertile rate?

Cheers,
Only if you are not from the Subcontinent. If from there, fergeddit. At least until the population of that ethnic grouping is back to 7% from the current 9+% that caused the pogrom in the first place.

I am not come from subcontinent, i come from indos :)
But since newly govt policy, I also doubt whether my decision is right or not :???:

gippy

Post by gippy » Fri, 08 Feb 2013 9:56 pm

Likely high chance for new citizen to be approved, due to plan to increase population

(URL CENSORED DUE TO COPYRIGHTS ISSUE)

good luck to whom apply

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 08 Feb 2013 10:30 pm

Don't hold your breath.