Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
wav35_

Post by wav35_ » Tue, 29 Jan 2013 2:53 am

jaywii wrote: skin check wasn't v strict. only asked how I was feeling and told me to relax and not be so tensed. asked what kinda transport did I take to reach Sheraton and if I had breakfast. haha the person checking me was v kind and nice. then she requested that I turn my face from left to right to check for any scars and asked if I have any scars or tattoos. that was all!
haha may seem simple but they are looking out for alot of things. she will ask any questions to see how you talk, the way you talk, how you look like when you talk, whether you look friendly when you talk and your teeth etc. dun fake it bcos it will look unnatural. if you have visible obvious scars or birthmarks etc, pls declare, cos if she check your application form and you put 'no', you will definitely get booted out! guys will need to walk for them to see, female applicants might be asked to do so but they have a more stringent one in kebaya round right after passing management round.

Rouge

Post by Rouge » Tue, 29 Jan 2013 10:55 am

wav35_ wrote:
jaywii wrote: skin check wasn't v strict. only asked how I was feeling and told me to relax and not be so tensed. asked what kinda transport did I take to reach Sheraton and if I had breakfast. haha the person checking me was v kind and nice. then she requested that I turn my face from left to right to check for any scars and asked if I have any scars or tattoos. that was all!
haha may seem simple but they are looking out for alot of things. she will ask any questions to see how you talk, the way you talk, how you look like when you talk, whether you look friendly when you talk and your teeth etc. dun fake it bcos it will look unnatural. if you have visible obvious scars or birthmarks etc, pls declare, cos if she check your application form and you put 'no', you will definitely get booted out! guys will need to walk for them to see, female applicants might be asked to do so but they have a more stringent one in kebaya round right after passing management round.
How's skin check like in kebaya? Will they ask u to bend down to scrutinize ur back and remove stockings to check on ur legs?
Dance as though you own the stage, the audience

frued
Regular
Regular

Post by frued » Tue, 29 Jan 2013 11:39 am

@rouge
Kebaya round goes like this- you'll be asked to smile (she'll inspect ur face & teeth at this point), turn around and she'll pull the back of the kebaya to see if there's any visible scars/acne problems shown, lift skirt to knee level to check for any scars, do a cat walk to check posture etc, and also height and weight :)

edit: oh and yes, you'll be asked to remove your stockings when you're changing into the kebaya! Any accessories worn (necklace bracelet watch) will have to be removed too.

Felinny

Post by Felinny » Tue, 29 Jan 2013 3:46 pm

Felinny wrote:
kissibee wrote:
Felinny wrote:Anyone done their medical between dec-jan, any news yet? :)
Hey Felinny, I did my medical during dec and got my call after 2 weeks.. You should have got the call by now...
Many thanks Kissibee :D Guesinng i should hear from them end or early next week. When will you be starting?
Kissibee, sorry I can't reply your msg, pm me ur email? Mine was on 21 Dec, yet to hear from them too.

calvink
Chatter
Chatter

Post by calvink » Wed, 30 Jan 2013 12:17 am

Requirements (for Singaporeans and Malaysians)

They did not state other nationalities may apply..so strictly locals and msians only?

Rouge

Post by Rouge » Wed, 30 Jan 2013 11:18 am

frued wrote:@rouge
Kebaya round goes like this- you'll be asked to smile (she'll inspect ur face & teeth at this point), turn around and she'll pull the back of the kebaya to see if there's any visible scars/acne problems shown, lift skirt to knee level to check for any scars, do a cat walk to check posture etc, and also height and weight :)

edit: oh and yes, you'll be asked to remove your stockings when you're changing into the kebaya! Any accessories worn (necklace bracelet watch) will have to be removed too.
That sounds pretty strict. Wonder if they are particular with small scars under the knee.

What do we wear for the interview? Smart casual or have to be business wear with jacket suit?

frued
Regular
Regular

Post by frued » Wed, 30 Jan 2013 11:25 am

Yeah, I'm not too sure about small scars on knees either. As for outfit, the girls there usually wear the usual formal wear or dresses, some of them would also wear a blazer. For guys, there are some who wore suits:) but most of them just wore formal pants and shirts

pianoplayer
Regular
Regular

Post by pianoplayer » Wed, 30 Jan 2013 3:39 pm

hey people sq (along with tiger , silkair and scoot) are gonna be recruiting at TP in feb do you guys know if public is allowed to go too? march is so far away. :(

frued
Regular
Regular

Post by frued » Wed, 30 Jan 2013 4:19 pm

@pianoplayer
Im going as I'm a TP student! I don't think it's open to the public.. Only to current students (year 3) and those who have graduated recently..

Rouge

Post by Rouge » Wed, 30 Jan 2013 7:48 pm

pianoplayer wrote:hey people sq (along with tiger , silkair and scoot) are gonna be recruiting at TP in feb do you guys know if public is allowed to go too? march is so far away. :(
It's funny why do that want to conduct recruitment in Polytechnics and then out of schools.

daenrys

Post by daenrys » Wed, 30 Jan 2013 10:52 pm

hey all, did anyone get through 26/27jan interview? thought we could update each other on stuff (:

anyone need to go back for 2nd xray yet?

everything

Post by everything » Thu, 31 Jan 2013 12:45 am

Can i check is there any instances that i dun get call up for 2nd checkup after the medical round n get rejection letter directly?

hanpie

Post by hanpie » Thu, 31 Jan 2013 5:23 pm

hey do you guys know whether you need birth cert to register cos i left mine in my home country :(
also i have a birthmark on my left foot, will they disqualify me?

daenrys

Post by daenrys » Thu, 31 Jan 2013 10:13 pm

[quote="everything"]Can i check is there any instances that i dun get call up for 2nd checkup after the medical round n get rejection letter directly?[/quote]

you cant have received your rejection letter already, have you?

everything

Post by everything » Thu, 31 Jan 2013 11:51 pm

daenrys wrote:
everything wrote:Can i check is there any instances that i dun get call up for 2nd checkup after the medical round n get rejection letter directly?
you cant have received your rejection letter already, have you?
Nope..not yet...still waitimg..