Singapore Expats

calling all Saffas!

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
alittlerisky
Chatter
Chatter

calling all Saffas!

Post by alittlerisky » Tue, 22 Jan 2013 11:23 pm

Any idea where I can get decent saffa biltong here?

I worked in Johannesburg four six months and got addicted to the stuff. Prerably a really chili one. And fresh(ish) if possible not bone dry... The bank where i worked a colleagues cousin supplied us weekly. Would go hunting and cure it himself. Lovely stuff...

Cheers

Mark
Who? What? How? Why? Where? When? Merde...

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 22 Jan 2013 11:55 pm

The Smith's used to carry it in their shop when it was located in Katong Plaza. There are out in Bukit Timah now. I've not been to the new location, but give 'em a call. Springbok Bazaar

http://www.springbokbazaar.com or http://www.africasiatrading.com/Scripts/default.asp
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

alittlerisky
Chatter
Chatter

Post by alittlerisky » Wed, 23 Jan 2013 12:04 am

cool....cheers... mission for the weekend by the look of it. My life is complete!

(well..apart from finding an apartment, a girlfriend, giving up smoking, going for run occasionally, having to work 11 hours a day...sheesh).

jsompinm

Post by jsompinm » Thu, 24 Jan 2013 4:52 pm

This is a bit out of topic, but was just wondering if this word "Saffa" is used actually in South-Africa? I've heard it in London, but nowhere else people really seem to know it.

alittlerisky
Chatter
Chatter

Post by alittlerisky » Thu, 24 Jan 2013 5:40 pm

jsompinm wrote:This is a bit out of topic, but was just wondering if this word "Saffa" is used actually in South-Africa? I've heard it in London, but nowhere else people really seem to know it.
I worked in Johannesburg for 8-9 months and never heard it there. I've only ever heard it in the UK too... oh... and here a couple of times.

alittlerisky
Chatter
Chatter

Post by alittlerisky » Mon, 28 Jan 2013 3:28 pm

OK.

I think I may be they first person in the world have a bilton overdose. I went over to saffa market thing. Bought enough biltong to solnve starvation in most third world countries. Went to a food courth and drank beer and ate bilton all evening.

I have changed my mind. I never want to even see that stuff again :roll: