Singapore Expats

Thi man deserves a medal! Outsources his job to China

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager

Post by offshoreoildude » Tue, 22 Jan 2013 9:03 am

synack wrote:
earthfriendly wrote:Here is the updated version of the book.

http://www.amazon.com/The-4-Hour-Workwe ... b_title_bk

I am tempted. Can't be too bad right ? "No 1 NY Times bestseller and international phenomenon". Imagine all the wifely and motherly duties that I can outsource. More time to spend on beauty regime, sleep and this forum :P .
Lolz! There must be a way :-)
Research "virtual PA in India" - you can hire an Indian for dollars a day to do all your remotely manageable stuff just like a real PA.
Now I'm called PNGMK

earthfriendly
Manager
Manager

Post by earthfriendly » Thu, 24 Jan 2013 12:03 pm

Great tip! You never know when you will need a helping hand. Another benefit of globalization.

jsompinm

Post by jsompinm » Thu, 24 Jan 2013 4:33 pm

Apparently the guy also mailed his company VPN token to China that this would work. Nice thinking...

earthfriendly
Manager
Manager

Post by earthfriendly » Fri, 25 Jan 2013 2:47 am

There was a geek forum discussion about this case. He is able to consistently "produce" the best code in his company. Apparently, he was able to tap into those foreign talent. What a brilliant and charismatic guy :love: .

Too bad it has to end this way. He could have paid a little more, fly the Chinese guy over to work from his home to avoid the VPN detection. But then, my hubby told me that would really be going too far :mrgreen: .

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Fri, 25 Jan 2013 4:58 am

earthfriendly wrote:There was a geek forum discussion about this case. He is able to consistently "produce" the best code in his company. Apparently, he was able to tap into those foreign talent. What a brilliant and charismatic guy :love: .

Too bad it has to end this way. He could have paid a little more, fly the Chinese guy over to work from his home to avoid the VPN detection. But then, my hubby told me that would really be going too far :mrgreen: .

You've never had a job Earthfriendly, have you.

earthfriendly
Manager
Manager

Post by earthfriendly » Fri, 25 Jan 2013 8:15 am

I find it fascinating, your obsession about my job status. Of course I got a job lah. I cook, bake, clean, decorate my house. Plan and research on family vacations. Work with contractors on our "new" home. Pickup, drop off kids at school and other activites. And when the kids have questions about the world, I help them figure it out, alongside them. And when my husband come home from a hard day's work, I offer him hot,steamy.................................... food. So you see, this job requires versatility and having multiple set of skills . And the more well-rounded and flexible I am, the better I will be at this job.

Before this job, I was an accountant, auditor, on my way to getting certified for my CPA. But I quit that career. I prefer to work with my hands and find more meaning in what I currently do. Although the monotony of suburbian life sometimes get to me.

Does that satisfy your curiousity? Or would you like a copy of my resume :P ?

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager

Post by offshoreoildude » Fri, 25 Jan 2013 9:26 am

earthfriendly wrote:I find it fascinating, your obsession about my job status. Of course I got a job lah. I cook, bake, clean, decorate my house. Plan and research on family vacations. Work with contractors on our "new" home. Pickup, drop off kids at school and other activites. And when the kids have questions about the world, I help them figure it out, alongside them. And when my husband come home from a hard day's work, I offer him hot,steamy.................................... food. So you see, this job requires versatility and having multiple set of skills . And the more well-rounded and flexible I am, the better I will be at this job.

Before this job, I was an accountant, auditor, on my way to getting certified for my CPA. But I quit that career. I prefer to work with my hands and find more meaning in what I currently do. Although the monotony of suburbian life sometimes get to me.

Does that satisfy your curiousity? Or would you like a copy of my resume :P ?
JR8 sometimes gets to me too :)

Yes - see my other post on "what hobbies do women have".... my wife works far harder than I do!
Now I'm called PNGMK