Singapore Expats

Briton ‘paid’ to get molest charge dropped - would you?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
sensei_
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sensei_ » Mon, 17 Sep 2012 10:50 am

JayCee wrote:If you go and willingly grope a girl who doesn't want it then you deserve all you get, so obviously that is a bad idea. The problem is with those gold diggers who cry molest when someone brushes up against them in a crowded place (I just did it about 4 times to people on the MRT!).

In such a case, I would fight against it too and not pay up just so some materialistic b*tch can get the latest fashion MacDonalds bag (LV)
well, it doesnt need to be said, but groping unless explicitly asked for is just asking for trouble. unfortunate as it is, the onus is on you to prove that you didnt do it.

yes, that is the case in australia if a girl crys rape after you have banged her. there has been known cases where people lose their house/livelihoods because of a false claim, yes thats right, $500k to lodge a defense. compound the fact that the gov't will not reimburse you even if it is found that the claims were false.
offshoreoildude wrote:Clearly Sensei is used to paying up :) As a final point - to pay up in this situation is not different to paying a bribe - it's a form of corruption and it will only snowball if people don't push back against it.
I havent had to pay for a grope/sex, so im not going to start now. However, one should think if it is worth it to pay for troubles to go away. unless you want your face/name plastered across the newspaper, sometimes it is easier to just pay. like i mentioned earlier, males have been known to lose alot more than the 10-20k needed to make the matter go away.

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager

Post by offshoreoildude » Wed, 19 Sep 2012 9:15 pm

It looks like some Singaporean MEN have turned down money.

http://www.tremeritus.com/2012/09/18/th ... c-assault/

'“It’s not about the money. To be throwing cash in another person’s face and try and pay them while he was running away… It’s a big sum of money but still, my first priority is that he goes through the justice system.”

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Wed, 19 Sep 2012 10:09 pm

[quote="offshoreoildude"]It looks like some Singaporean MEN have turned down money.

'“It’s not about the money. To be throwing cash in another person’s face and try and pay them while he was running away… It’s a big sum of money but still, my first priority is that he goes through the justice system.”
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager

Post by offshoreoildude » Wed, 19 Sep 2012 11:10 pm

[quote="nakatago"][quote="offshoreoildude"]It looks like some Singaporean MEN have turned down money.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Thu, 20 Sep 2012 9:15 am

Hmm, iPhone5 just came out, and Galaxy Note2 rather soon.. You might see a lot of local men in the next couple of weeks getting molested!

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Thu, 20 Sep 2012 9:43 am

zzm9980 wrote:Hmm, iPhone5 just came out, and Galaxy Note2 rather soon.. You might see a lot of local men in the next couple of weeks getting molested!
I don't think so--they usually get their phones via recontracting or swapping/trading with someone who will recontract who doesn't give an iF*** or sF***. Those who are willing to buy phones full cost probably have enough principles not resort having their butts pinched.

I still say it's for your typical expensive girly stuff.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

Brah
Manager
Manager

Post by Brah » Sun, 23 Sep 2012 11:43 am

And it's not just foreigners: http://www.tnp.sg/content/cabby-terrorised-teen-girls

This has really gotten out of hand.

There was a much longer article on this when it came out but I can't find it now.
offshoreoildude wrote:
sensei_ wrote:then why not grow a set, grope one and see how far it gets you. im sure there are some in the expat community that would like to see how far you get.
You're an idiot and contributing nothing useful to a conversation about a topic of legitimate concern to expat men.

nutnut
Manager
Manager

Post by nutnut » Sun, 23 Sep 2012 3:08 pm

Hmmm, if it's a foreigner who is accused it's the FT at fault, if it's a cab driver, then comments point straight at the females!

Interesting
nutnut

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager

Post by offshoreoildude » Mon, 24 Sep 2012 10:38 am

Brah wrote:And it's not just foreigners: http://www.tnp.sg/content/cabby-terrorised-teen-girls

This has really gotten out of hand.

There was a much longer article on this when it came out but I can't find it now.
offshoreoildude wrote:
sensei_ wrote:then why not grow a set, grope one and see how far it gets you. im sure there are some in the expat community that would like to see how far you get.
You're an idiot and contributing nothing useful to a conversation about a topic of legitimate concern to expat men.
Thanks for the remImder!

Celo

Post by Celo » Tue, 25 Sep 2012 1:36 am

sensei_ wrote: well, it doesnt need to be said, but groping unless explicitly asked for is just asking for trouble.
Ummm, I don’t think that a girl would come up to you and explicitly ask you to grope her or to touch her or something like that. No one asks for it, it is just a natural step of human courtship. A male and a female are talking, dancing, and, well if they are dancing a man MUST touch the girl or she will think that he is not interested. As I said, all natural and acceptable posturing.

The problem is that some girls are relying on this to falsely cry molest. Not talking about girls who are actually molested but the girls who wait for the opportunity to abuse the law for financial gain.

So again to quote the above, if such a girl came up to you and explicitly asked you to touch her ass, for example, “because it makes her excited and she thinks you are hot”

sensei_
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sensei_ » Tue, 25 Sep 2012 3:50 pm

[quote="Celo"]Ummm, I don’t think that a girl would come up to you and explicitly ask you to grope her or to touch her or something like that. No one asks for it, it is just a natural step of human courtship. A male and a female are talking, dancing, and, well if they are dancing a man MUST touch the girl or she will think that he is not interested. As I said, all natural and acceptable posturing.

The problem is that some girls are relying on this to falsely cry molest. Not talking about girls who are actually molested but the girls who wait for the opportunity to abuse the law for financial gain.

So again to quote the above, if such a girl came up to you and explicitly asked you to touch her ass, for example, “because it makes her excited and she thinks you are hot”

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 25 Sep 2012 4:48 pm

sensei_ wrote:
So what will you do? :p.

I tend not to take risks these days. the missus wont be happy if she reads news thats read "australian expat pays fine to drop molest charge"
I can hear that!
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager

Post by offshoreoildude » Tue, 25 Sep 2012 8:16 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
sensei_ wrote:
So what will you do? :p.

I tend not to take risks these days. the missus wont be happy if she reads news thats read "australian expat pays fine to drop molest charge"
I can hear that!
I guess I WOULD pay in that scenario!

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager

Aussie swearing on tiger has been charged with outraging mod

Post by offshoreoildude » Wed, 23 Jan 2013 7:59 am

Bruce Griffiths, 47, a maritime worker from Perth was arrested when the flight landed on January 4 after an altercation on board. He has been charged under Singapore's "outrage of modesty”
Now I'm called PNGMK

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 23 Jan 2013 9:20 am

Now you know where the term "He swears like a sailor" comes from. :cool:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers