Singapore Expats

Driving with a Foreign licence in Singapore

Discuss how you can convert your foreign drivers' licence and other topics relating to drivers' licence.
offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager

Post by offshoreoildude » Tue, 22 Jan 2013 1:43 pm

*NiC* wrote:Hi,

like Sonic2010 I did not convert my DL yet and the year is over. Now, just got caught on camera by hiding police man - abt 15/20kmh over limit. With a SingDL it is 130S$ and 4 points... as I did not convert my DL, what will happen now? We have a company lease car.

I could not find any info on the web...anyone knows?
A fine/composition or summons will be sent to the cars registered owner. They will identify you. You will then have to pay the fine and provide details of your DL. This will most likely lead to a fine and possibly summons for driving without a valid license. Sucks to be you.

This is no joke - hurry up and convert before you have an accident. If you have an accident without a valid license you will be arrested and locked up until you are bailed by an SC.
Now I'm called PNGMK

x9200

Post by x9200 » Tue, 22 Jan 2013 7:34 pm

If you are lucky there will be only a warning sent to the registered owner address but regardless, do what offshoreoildude said, convert ASAP or rather sooner than later you will find yourself in a deep s*t.