Singapore Expats

SG targets population growth to 7 mln: DBS Vickers

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
wwww
Regular
Regular

Post by wwww » Tue, 22 Jan 2013 1:15 pm

morenangpinay wrote:here are my suggestions for increasing the local population
1) Declare one day every week as a sex holiday
2) Include sex breaks during office hours in the employment act
3) establish a free center for sex where you have to queue and ensure you have a sign for freebies outside.
4) get the A star, nus, nanyang etc. to research on favorable sex positions which is a sure way to get pregnant.
5) take away all their television, tablets, computers, dvd, and all forms of entertainment.
6) lock them up in their homes until they get pregnant

Don't forget making sales contraception as illegal as selling chewing gum already is... :cool:

Brah
Manager
Manager

Post by Brah » Tue, 22 Jan 2013 1:35 pm

Isn't it just an announcement of the forthcoming White paper from the government, and nothing to do with DBS itself?
wwww wrote:
offshoreoildude wrote:You gotta figure that DBS vickers are no friend of the PAP for publishing that just before an election!
True, the timing couldn't be worse...someone just got himself in deep shit. Especially since this is just an assumption but no fact, and we know how jumpy the locals are these days... 8-)

Brah
Manager
Manager

Post by Brah » Tue, 22 Jan 2013 1:41 pm

wwww wrote:
3) establish a free center for sex where you have to queue and ensure you have a sign for freebies outside.
4) get the A star, nus, nanyang etc. to research on favorable sex positions which is a sure way to get pregnant.
5) take away all their television, tablets, computers, dvd, and all forms of entertainment.
Don't forget making sales contraception as illegal as selling chewing gum already is... :cool:
Or demonizing adult stores by placing them in stark purple and black with "SEX SHOP" plastered across the front with cameras everywhere and nearly criminalizing the experience in the process. PLaces like that only cater to tourists and the very brave local.

There was one "adult" adult shop (read tasteful vs. sleazy, intimidating and blatant) shop called Oothique that was for sensible people looking for something a little upscale, but they went out of business.

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Tue, 22 Jan 2013 1:43 pm

Brah wrote:
wwww wrote:
Or demonizing adult stores by placing them in stark purple and black with "SEX SHOP" plastered across the front with cameras everywhere and nearly criminalizing the experience in the process. PLaces like that only cater to tourists and the very brave local.

There was one "adult" adult shop (read tasteful vs. sleazy, intimidating and blatant) shop called Oothique that was for sensible people looking for something a little upscale, but they went out of business.
Upscale usually means expensive and we all know for a lot of people, cheaper is better 'round here.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Post by Sergei82 » Tue, 22 Jan 2013 1:45 pm

Or go economically back down to level of India or Filippines a decade ago. For some reason, fertility there is at its highest even now.

Also abolishing CPF, so people will spawn more kids to increase chances that at least somebody will care about them when they are old.

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager

Post by offshoreoildude » Tue, 22 Jan 2013 1:46 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:There is a better way that I've espoused here before. Make women does a modified form of National Service. e.g, NS men do 21~24 months of active duties and then reservist training annually till they are, for all intents and purposes, 22 years of military duties.

Therefore, to kill a couple of birds with a single stone, I would propose the following changes to the constitution....

Women would be required to marry at the age of 20 or 21 years of age and would be required to have two pregnancies in a period of 24 months. (for which they would be paid just like NS men) This would stop the men whining about how the women where getting ahead of them in this patriarchal society. Additionally, it would bring up the total fertility rate to just under 2.0 (must allow for still born/miscarriages/other deaths/accidents) thereby ensuring future cannon fodder for the military and worker drones in the factories. A pregnancy is 9 months, give or take. add 5 or 6 months between pregnancies and voila, 24 months of Active Service to the nation. The remaining 20 years? NS reservists, for which they would also be paid a stipend as are paid to NS men. At the age of 40 the kids are old enough to start their own cycle.

This removes the corporate ladder whinge of the guys, solves the low fertility rate, ensure manpower for industry and manpower for the military. Of course the following would be need to be enacted to push the program to the needed conclusion.

Flats could NOT be purchased until at least the 1st child was born and would only be allowed to by a 3 room flat. They would not be allowed to purchase resale flats or larger flats or private housing until such time as the second child came along. Thereby ensuring equitable distribution of housing. Singles would not be allowed to purchase ANY property in Singapore regardless of whether subsidized or private or resale. If they want to remain selfish and not give back to the country then they can immigrate or pay outrageous rental costs or live with their parents.

If Israel can have NS for ALL so can Singapore. But we won't make the women carry weapons (well, they WILL be carrying future weapons carriers though.)

And, as bonuses and freebies are given to NS mean periodically, the same would be done for women as well. Having more than 2 children could result in additional subsidies for housing or educational grants or some other forum of additional compensation for going above and beyond the call of duty. :wink: :cool:
I absolutely agree. The way Singapore is for women right now simply encourages them not to marry, not to have kids and to live at home with their parents while they work their way 2 years ahead of the men through academia and spend their salary when working on material items and living a shallow life. Seen it many, many times.
Now I'm called PNGMK

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Post by Sergei82 » Tue, 22 Jan 2013 1:47 pm

offshoreoildude wrote:I absolutely agree. The way Singapore is for women right now simply encourages them not to marry, not to have kids and to live at home with their parents while they work their way 2 years ahead of the men through academia and spend their salary when working on material items and living a shallow life. Seen it many, many times.
And also infertile women must be thrown into chasm like in Sparta!

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager

Post by offshoreoildude » Tue, 22 Jan 2013 1:53 pm

Sergei82 wrote:
offshoreoildude wrote:I absolutely agree. The way Singapore is for women right now simply encourages them not to marry, not to have kids and to live at home with their parents while they work their way 2 years ahead of the men through academia and spend their salary when working on material items and living a shallow life. Seen it many, many times.
Just export them to Russia and replace them with certified fertile women from the Ukraine.
Now I'm called PNGMK

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Post by Sergei82 » Tue, 22 Jan 2013 1:57 pm

offshoreoildude wrote:
Sergei82 wrote:
Just export them to Russia and replace them with certified fertile women from the Ukraine.
I volunteer to administer fertility test! ;)

wwww
Regular
Regular

Post by wwww » Tue, 22 Jan 2013 2:14 pm

Sergei82 wrote:
offshoreoildude wrote:
Sergei82 wrote: And also infertile women must be thrown into chasm like in Sparta!
I volunteer to administer fertility test! ;)
Public fertility tests would also help to take in fewer "FT" to populate the Geylang fishtanks...and yet another problem solved. 8-)

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Tue, 22 Jan 2013 2:40 pm

The only problem with SMS's proposal (ok, not the *only* problem) is who do you force to marry those NSwomen? I'd say half to maybe two-thirds of those potential NSwomen I wouldn't touch with OSOD's 'fertility testing tool'. :P :cool:

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 22 Jan 2013 3:09 pm

Go back to the way it was done a century ago. And still is in the subcontinent (and with their diaspora around the world, I might add). Arranged marriages. They will learn to love each other (or at least procreate with them), Okay, so what if they have to put a piggly-wiggly bag over their head so they have something nice to look at. I've seem good men do worse after a good night of wearing beer goggles. Anyway, looking at the stupid looking geeks of males here, I'd say there were plenty of matches available. Anyway,ugly people breeding with ugly people create cannon fodder or worker drones. Once you register, if you haven't found a partner, then a big lottery is held with the balance of unattached and the government arranges the marriage? At least that way, the guys & gals who would have never gotten any, now get some! :cool: How cool is that!
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

wwww
Regular
Regular

Post by wwww » Tue, 22 Jan 2013 3:09 pm

zzm9980 wrote:The only problem with SMS's proposal (ok, not the *only* problem) is who do you force to marry those NSwomen? I'd say half to maybe two-thirds of those potential NSwomen I wouldn't touch with OSOD's 'fertility testing tool'. :P :cool:
Real Temasek-patriots will take one for the team anytime, I assume... :roll: :P

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 22 Jan 2013 3:11 pm

Just think of it as an updated version of Harry Lee's social engineering experiments of the 70's, 80's & 90's than never quite worked out. :roll:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager

Post by offshoreoildude » Tue, 22 Jan 2013 3:13 pm

zzm9980 wrote:The only problem with SMS's proposal (ok, not the *only* problem) is who do you force to marry those NSwomen? I'd say half to maybe two-thirds of those potential NSwomen I wouldn't touch with OSOD's 'fertility testing tool'. :P :cool:
If you watch docos about Singapore from the 60's and 50's and 40's the women were a lot slimmer and happier looking.
Now I'm called PNGMK