Singapore Expats

Advertising creative salaries

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
ranger1971

Advertising creative salaries

Post by ranger1971 » Wed, 02 Jan 2013 5:00 pm

Hello all,

I have been speaking to an agency and the role in question is that of a creative director. It's probably one of the bigger agencies in SG. From what I found out the salaries are varied for a CD - from S$10k to 17k a month. I haven't discussed it yet but it will soon come up. Also, are agencies/companies still offering relocation? And how long does the process normally take - from getting your offer letter to getting the EP? Is it normal for employers to get you on board while the EP is in process?

Thanks a bunch.

Ranger

Addadude
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by Addadude » Wed, 02 Jan 2013 5:36 pm

From what I found out the salaries are varied for a CD - from S$10k to 17k a month. I haven't discussed it yet but it will soon come up.

I take it that this is a question. Yes, that salary range seems about right. It all depends on your track record/experience, awards under your belt, how bad they want you, how good your negotiation skills are, how soul-destroying the particular client you'll be working on is etc etc.

Also, are agencies/companies still offering relocation?

If they are actively looking to hire you away from your agency in your home country, then some basic relocation costs will be covered. Don't expect the terms to be particularly generous though. And don't even dream of 'expat packages'...

And how long does the process normally take - from getting your offer letter to getting the EP?

This has been asked and answered countless times on this board. You can use the search function for more details but in general the processing time is VERY variable - from 3 weeks to 3 months and anywhere in between.

Is it normal for employers to get you on board while the EP is in process?

Certainly in the past it was not unusual for companies to do this. However this practice is completely illegal and you could be deep in the smelly brown stuff if the powers that be discover you and your company have been up to this. Most reputable agencies will insist on waiting until you have your EP before you start work.
"Both politicians and nappies need to be changed regularly, and for the same reasons."