Singapore Expats

What are the factors contributing to PR Approval?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
aerios

What are the factors contributing to PR Approval?

Post by aerios » Wed, 02 Jan 2013 1:17 am

Hi, I would like to have some input from others about the factor contributing to PR approval.
Some of the factor that I can think of are below.
1. Gender
2. Age
3. Type of Job
4. Salary
5. Nationality
6. Education background
7. Amount of money in your bank?
8. Working Experience
9. Type of pass holding
10. Length of stay and work in Singapore

Can't think of others. But are those factor above can
contribute to PR approval?
Thank you for the advise =]

vishalgupta2
Chatter
Chatter

Re: [Ask] What are the factors contributing to PR Approval?

Post by vishalgupta2 » Wed, 02 Jan 2013 3:47 am

These are all I have head of.

Just remember that the factors mentioned here don't have literal ranges to check them off. They impact each other.

In simpler words, If a person is MC, the qualifying grades in all other categories may be way lower than if the nationality was PRC.
aerios wrote:Hi, I would like to have some input from others about the factor contributing to PR approval.
Some of the factor that I can think of are below.
1. Gender
2. Age
3. Type of Job
4. Salary
5. Nationality
6. Education background
7. Amount of money in your bank?
8. Working Experience
9. Type of pass holding
10. Length of stay and work in Singapore

Can't think of others. But are those factor above can
contribute to PR approval?
Thank you for the advise =]

beppi
Manager
Manager

Post by beppi » Wed, 02 Jan 2013 5:47 am

You forgot what SMS usually calls "collateral damage" - the number of family members the applicant has and could possibly bring to Singapore as dependants (they count in his disfavour!).
And the ability to produce offspring (preferably male, as "cannon fodder" for the army) is a big plus.

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager

Post by offshoreoildude » Wed, 02 Jan 2013 6:52 am

You forgot race. Probably one of the most important disqualifiers.
Now I'm called PNGMK

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Wed, 02 Jan 2013 9:07 am

offshoreoildude wrote:You forgot race. Probably one of the most important disqualifiers.
^^ +1

Race is number one. If an appropriate (or tolerable) race, Number two would be the number of future NSmen also on the application.

Third would be salary, since there is no other real metric used in Singapore to rate someone's value as a person.

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager

Post by offshoreoildude » Wed, 02 Jan 2013 10:35 am

zzm9980 wrote:
offshoreoildude wrote:You forgot race. Probably one of the most important disqualifiers.
^^ +1

Race is number one. If an appropriate (or tolerable) race, Number two would be the number of future NSmen also on the application.

Third would be salary, since there is no other real metric used in Singapore to rate someone's value as a person.
OP - Race is not Nationality in Singapore....
Now I'm called PNGMK

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 02 Jan 2013 12:12 pm

zzm9980 wrote:
^^ +1

now .. now .. come on .. we are talking of meritocracy at work right ?? :)

In my humble opinion, I would rate as 1) Salary, 2) Salary, and 3) Salary and 4) Race ...

aerios

Post by aerios » Wed, 02 Jan 2013 12:44 pm

Hmm so is salary the most important factor when going to apply PR?
I mean eg. a 25 year old guy with salary 3K compare with a 40 year old guy with salary 6K, the higher salary means higher percentage of approval?
Is there any minimum salary for PR application?

Another qustion, is the type of work pass currently holding also a factor? Let say if a WP holder want to apply PR, they have to go through stages as in get S-Pass then E-Pass then apply PR?

Thanks a lot for the input =]

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 02 Jan 2013 12:59 pm

Sadly, you have to take a lot of what ecureilx says with a pinch of salt.

I know plenty of people who got their PR with only S passes and $1800/mo salaries. But those days are gone now. Until the government recalibrates it demographic percentages, Race is going to play a large part and will cause all the other factors to increase or decrease depending on where you are from. Salary is not the biggest factor, in fact, I'd say is well down on the list 4 or 5th probably. As the point spread is actually a cocktail which will still have to come up with a full glass, if one metric changes so will all of the rest of them.

Amount of money in your bank account do not factor into it at all, neither does owning property. But most of the rest to play a large part depending on all the other parts.

Having said all of that, you cannot fudge your PR application as you will be found out, probably after having the application say pending for the better part of a year, only to be rejected at the end for fabrications. Best you can do is be straight up and forthright and just hope for the best.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Wed, 02 Jan 2013 5:44 pm

aerios wrote:Hmm so is salary the most important factor when going to apply PR?
No, it will be your race. You can find recent posts about single Chinese Malaysian females gaining PR while making $3k/month versus Indian families with male children being turned down at S$10k/month

x9200

Post by x9200 » Wed, 02 Jan 2013 7:13 pm

Salary is the most important factor in that sense that if you earn REALLY well it can probably override your race. This REALLY = > 100-200k monthly (just guessing)? But I doubt in any reasonable salary range this is the factor alone overriding all the other factors.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 03 Jan 2013 9:59 am

I know the saying no two resumes are identical, etc. etc. . etc ....

A former colleague, who is a IT - HR Consultant now, narrated the following, which she has seen in the last year (2012):

Indian, P1, 10.500 PM salary, no degree, but a dozen certificates, within 1 year of being in Singapore, applied for PR and got it approved within a month

Indian, Q1, 4,000 PM salary, has completed masters degree in Local Uni, and been here for 4 years, applied for PR and after 6 months, not succesful

She mentioned that both had similar years of experience, different specialty though, and about the same age group ...

over and out .. if you still want to take it with a pinch of salt ..

vestapo

Post by vestapo » Thu, 03 Jan 2013 10:52 am

I am curious to know which company would pay an Indian with no degree in IT 10.5K a month because 99.99% people in IT from India has degree or Master!

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 03 Jan 2013 10:56 am

vestapo wrote:I am curious to know which company would pay an Indian with no degree in IT 10.5K a month because 99.99% people in IT from India has degree or Master!
then maybe the person is from the .001$ you missed out ..

are you sure that 99.99 % of indians are with degree or masters ? or the 99.99% who are vocal, you are talking about ?

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager

Post by offshoreoildude » Thu, 03 Jan 2013 11:09 am

x9200 wrote:Salary is the most important factor in that sense that if you earn REALLY well it can probably override your race. This REALLY = > 100-200k monthly (just guessing)? But I doubt in any reasonable salary range this is the factor alone overriding all the other factors.
I'd like to say you're wrong (for example an Albanian mobster or Indonesian tycoon or Indian industrialist won't get in before a MY Chinky on 3k) but you're probably right... at some level earning capacity probably trumps all.
Now I'm called PNGMK