Singapore Expats

HELP- WHP Refusal

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sunnyvee

HELP- WHP Refusal

Post by sunnyvee » Fri, 28 Dec 2012 2:34 am

Hello Everyone,

I am student who just had an offer early December to do an internship in Singapore. As i was pretty certain about getting the offer I decided to be proactive and apply for the Working Holiday Pass myself before even getting confirmation from the employers (stupid i know :( ) Ok thing is, i got a refusal letter from MOM, no reasons were given BUT i think i may know why.
The form asks for adresse in Singapore but i left that part blank ???!!!!! :oops: I'm guessing that could be the reason.
Now my question is, how likely will i be granted the visa now that my prospective employer has taken all the docs to apply for me and more worrying, am i allowed to even apply again seeing i was refused the first time?it didnt even take 21 days, they replied in a week!
Am tearing my hairs out at this stage, what do i do?
Any advice/opinion is welcome
Trials may come but victory is assured

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Fri, 28 Dec 2012 2:43 am

Probably. Invalid application.

You have access to a telephone? Can you call and ask them? They don't bite.

Save you a wild-goose chase eh, trying to 2nd guess what they did and what they want?

kikeo

Post by kikeo » Fri, 28 Dec 2012 8:43 am

Sunny,

1) inform your employer of your WHP application and its rejection. As they will be the ones applying for you now, MOM may ask inform them or ask them about your WHP application. Just make sure everyone's on the same page
2) give a phone call to MOM to ask them the questions you've asked us. Most probably, as JR8 said, your application was rejected so fast because it's invalid (some fields missing). In this case, most of the times MOM doesn't even look further and reject directly the application.

I personally don't think this rejection will lower your chances of getting a visa (especially if it's now sponsored directly by your employer). But the problem with MOM is that it's always a bit difficult to understand their rationale...

sunnyvee

Post by sunnyvee » Fri, 28 Dec 2012 7:35 pm

Thank you both kikeo and JR8. I am going to call them tomorrow to inquire about the reasons for the rejection and my employer is already aware about the initial application and rejection. Fingers crossed it all works out eventually.
Thank you guys once again

sunnyvee

Post by sunnyvee » Thu, 03 Jan 2013 9:35 am

Update guys,
So with the holidays and all i finally got around to calling MOM and spoke with a customer officer who was so nice. According to her she found no reason given for the refusal on her computer so she's gonna have to contact my case officer to escalate it (man that sounds so scary, lol). So they'll get back to me next week.
Is it normal that they wouldn't give a reason for the refusal officially? Now am hoping this escalating thing doesn't hinder the current application my employer has sent in on my behalf.
Happy New Year to everyone

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Thu, 03 Jan 2013 1:02 pm

sunnyvee wrote:...i finally got around to calling MOM and spoke with a customer officer who was so nice. According to her she found no reason given for the refusal on her computer so she's gonna have to contact my case officer to escalate it (man that sounds so scary, lol). So they'll get back to me next week...
this "escalating" phrase is common in singapore. don't worry about it.

there's not much more you can do right now, i think. sounds like good news to me, anyhow.

good luck!

lovy91

Post by lovy91 » Sat, 12 Jan 2013 3:52 pm

Hello ....
Any news on why your WHP is rejected?
I'm applying too for the WHP yesterday...
If it's really a week then the outcome should have come out next week.