Singapore Expats

Brix Singapore

Chats, Flames, Jokes, Junks. Don't know where to post ? You've just found the right place.
offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager

Post by offshoreoildude » Tue, 18 Dec 2012 9:03 pm

excessuk wrote:Completely irrelevant point. I believe you're being picked up for making racist and abusive comments, a fact that you're obviously struggling to understand.`
It's an ongoing theme...(from many posts back). and you have to admit the topic isn't the straightest either.

I haven't met a single pommy hooker here come to think of it.
Now I'm called PNGMK

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Tue, 18 Dec 2012 9:13 pm

offshoreoildude wrote: Yes it was a great place. Had a good mix of tourists, locals and the occasional hooker (<>). It had reasonable food and good music. I have mourned it's passing for 20 odd years. Do you remember Faber's World Music Joint that was next door behind the Marriot? That was good while it lasted too.
Brannigans was still there in 1995, but yes I believe I did notice that it was 'no more' last time I passed by (a couple of years back) and took the trouble to look. In fact the house-keys for my place in London have been on a Brannigans key-fob since then until this day! :)

I can't say I've heard of Faber's World Music. But then again my serious going out and caning it days are behind me really (post-marriage hehehe)

I used to hang out at (mid 90s):
Penny Black - Boat Quay, or the bar next to it
Next Page - Jalan SM
Saxophone Bar - Cuppage
No: 5 - Emerald Hill
Brannigans
Zouk
Yello

Then if I had male colleagues or friends in town I'd usually show them 'the sights' at Orchard Towers (the meat-market on the ground floor, and/or the place upstairs... Top Ten?)

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Tue, 18 Dec 2012 9:22 pm

offshoreoildude wrote: I haven't met a single pommy hooker here come to think of it.
That is probably because they have more class than to speak to the likes of you :lol: :P

p.s. Hey chill OSOD, it would be a real shame to see someone with your insight and experience get zapped over a few ...erm ... rather 'less than constructive' comments

x9200

Re: brix singapore

Post by x9200 » Tue, 18 Dec 2012 10:10 pm

offshoreoildude wrote:
x9200 wrote:
offshoreoildude wrote: All Columbian girls are whores in Singapore. Just like the Russian and Ukrainian girls.
It would be really good if you could get somehow your sexual, offensive generalization under control. Please. This is not the first time and not the first warning.

You know what? If you can't accept that some (in fact, a considerable percentage) of expat men are exactly that... then maybe this should be an "expat forum for women and SNAG's".
I guess you are then in a wrong place as I don't see here too many members making such comments like yourselves. This is also a family forum so behave or you will be suspended or permanently banned.

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager

Re: brix singapore

Post by offshoreoildude » Tue, 18 Dec 2012 10:17 pm

x9200 wrote:
offshoreoildude wrote:
x9200 wrote: It would be really good if you could get somehow your sexual, offensive generalization under control. Please. This is not the first time and not the first warning.

You know what? If you can't accept that some (in fact, a considerable percentage) of expat men are exactly that... then maybe this should be an "expat forum for women and SNAG's".
I guess you are then in a wrong place as I don't see here too many members making such comments like yourselves. This is also a family forum so behave or you will be suspended or permanently banned.

Then perhaps remove the entire post. It is, after all, about a notorious pub populated by hookers that no decent person is seen in and perhaps should not be on your 'family forum'. The Columbians, Africans, Philipino women who are there are almost always hookers - (OP - prostitution is not illegal in Singapore) The OP - as another posted alluded to - is perhaps after some hidden agenda here.... (maybe he/she found a brix receipt in their partners wallet!).
Now I'm called PNGMK

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager

Post by offshoreoildude » Tue, 18 Dec 2012 10:18 pm

JR8 wrote:
offshoreoildude wrote: I haven't met a single pommy hooker here come to think of it.
That is probably because they have more class than to speak to the likes of you :lol: :P

p.s. Hey chill OSOD, it would be a real shame to see someone with your insight and experience get zapped over a few ...erm ... rather 'less than constructive' comments
Perhaps you need to remove x9200 from the mod group. He seems a little trigger happy to me.
Now I'm called PNGMK

x9200

Post by x9200 » Tue, 18 Dec 2012 10:32 pm

I am pretty sure Offshoreoildude you can recognize the lines that you should not cross. As per my alleged personal animosity toward you there is a topic about you on the Moderators forum and it was not myself who started it. You have some doubts about acceptance of your behavior by the other mods, ask them. You will not gain anything positive trying to play your cards the way you just started.

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager

Post by offshoreoildude » Tue, 18 Dec 2012 10:48 pm

x9200 wrote:I am pretty sure Offshoreoildude you can recognize the lines that you should not cross. As per my alleged personal animosity toward you there is a topic about you on the Moderators forum and it was not myself who started it. You have some doubts about acceptance of your behavior by the other mods, ask them. You will not gain anything positive trying to play your cards the way you just started.

I have NO idea what you're talking about. It's interesting though that you've outed a 'moderators forum' where posters are talked about.

However - to get back to topic. If you have a problem with this post - and I agree that it's not 'family friendly' - then remove it. Brix is not the sort of place that should be publicized IMHO.
Now I'm called PNGMK

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Post by Sergei82 » Tue, 18 Dec 2012 11:10 pm

I do know there are many Ukrainian prostitutes in OT. But I think Ukrainian consul, her secretary, and a bunch of wives of Russians and Ukrainians who work here (+some students, journalists, models etc) would be surprised to know that about themselves... I know, its pointless to explain anything like that, to such people, but I couldn't hold it...

offshoreoildude,
1) you're a jerk (sudden realization),
2) it's not your topic to close it because of you.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 18 Dec 2012 11:18 pm

Nobody has outed anybody. Most regulars here know that there is a moderator forum that isn't visible to the open board. And, for the open record here, I've PM'd you as well about your, for lack of a better word, obnoxious replies on the forum. Even with my warnings, you continue in your odious ways. In fact, I said much the same thing to you I believe. You have a wealth of knowledge to contribute, but unfortunately, at the rate you are going and at the rate we are getting complaints, you are not going to be able to contribute at all. And that is a damn shame.

SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager

Post by offshoreoildude » Tue, 18 Dec 2012 11:28 pm

Sergei82 wrote:I do know there are many Ukrainian prostitutes in OT. But I think Ukrainian consul, her secretary, and a bunch of wives of Russians and Ukrainians who work here (+some students, journalists, models etc) would be surprised to know that about themselves... I know, its pointless to explain anything like that, to such people, but I couldn't hold it...

offshoreoildude,
1) you're a jerk (sudden realization),
2) it's not your topic to close it because of you.
Sergei - what's your line of business? I'm genuinely curious.
Now I'm called PNGMK

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager

Post by offshoreoildude » Tue, 18 Dec 2012 11:29 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Nobody has outed anybody. Most regulars here know that there is a moderator forum that isn't visible to the open board. And, for the open record here, I've PM'd you as well about your, for lack of a better word, obnoxious replies on the forum. Even with my warnings, you continue in your odious ways. In fact, I said much the same thing to you I believe. You have a wealth of knowledge to contribute, but unfortunately, at the rate you are going and at the rate we are getting complaints, you are not going to be able to contribute at all. And that is a damn shame.

SMS - go back up a few posts (towards the very front). I've edited the post that seems to have kicked all this fuss off.
Now I'm called PNGMK

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Post by Sergei82 » Tue, 18 Dec 2012 11:39 pm

offshoreoildude wrote:Sergei - what's your line of business? I'm genuinely curious.
I'm not in prostitution - that's for sure. Thank you for removing Russian and Ukrainians from your post... pity you can't edit all quotes of that phrase in this thread. I'm really compassionate twds Colombians though, since you started this. Poor them, and most of all poor you since so many prostitutes surround you. Maybe its like that saying about flies attracted with the smell of something... you know what.

Hopefully, I won't get banned for a company...

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager

Post by offshoreoildude » Tue, 18 Dec 2012 11:42 pm

Sergei82 wrote:
offshoreoildude wrote:Sergei - what's your line of business? I'm genuinely curious.
I'm not in prostitution - that's for sure. Thank you for removing Russian and Ukrainians from your post... pity you can't edit all quotes of that phrase in this thread. I'm really compassionate twds Colombians though, since you started this. Poor them, and most of all poor you since so many prostitutes surround you. Maybe its like that saying about flies attracted with the smell of something... you know what.

Hopefully, I won't get banned for a company...
OK. I have a legitimate question. I'm honestly not trying to be bigoted here.

I have trouble (and maybe it's a language barrier) determining whether Russians or Ukrainians are here in Singapore on legitimate business in the main. The ones I meet always seem to be in a 'shady' sort of business. They are never in a straight forward business or job. Is that a misperception?
Now I'm called PNGMK

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Tue, 18 Dec 2012 11:45 pm

My advice: Stop digging.