Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Rouge

Post by Rouge » Mon, 17 Dec 2012 9:31 pm

Where did you get the details on the Emirates interview?
Dance as though you own the stage, the audience

randall8511

Hearing Problems

Post by randall8511 » Tue, 18 Dec 2012 12:14 am

HELP! I have "single sided deafness". My LEFT EAR is fine 100%.
RIGHT EAR (born with it) with 60-70% hearing loss.
Meaning I rely on my LEFT ear most of the time. Can hear with RIGHT but no so good.

Is there really a hearing test conducted? If yes can anyone explain in DETAIL of how is it actually conducted?
This is my only primary concern. Appreciate any help offered. :-| :???: :???: :???: :-|

Pam8

Post by Pam8 » Wed, 19 Dec 2012 12:11 pm

kissibee wrote:
Pam8 wrote:God..I know! It's driving me nuts too, all this waiting. I did my medical on Thursday (had to wait for new specs to be done for eye test). Most of the people I know who went for their medical on Monday got a call by Friday. Some got a call on Monday. It's already Wednesday.. :(
Hi Pam! I received my call alrdy too! Just yesterday! I will be starting training on the Feb 14th.. Anyone on the same date?
Hi Kissibee!
I am on the 14th Feb as well! Valentines, kekeke.
I take this as a good omen!
Just waiting for the contract letter to come through the mail to sign and send it back. Anyone has a better idea of when this will come by? Also, when will the signing of bond be?

Pam8

Re: Hearing Problems

Post by Pam8 » Wed, 19 Dec 2012 12:13 pm

randall8511 wrote:HELP! I have "single sided deafness". My LEFT EAR is fine 100%.
RIGHT EAR (born with it) with 60-70% hearing loss.
Meaning I rely on my LEFT ear most of the time. Can hear with RIGHT but no so good.

Is there really a hearing test conducted? If yes can anyone explain in DETAIL of how is it actually conducted?
This is my only primary concern. Appreciate any help offered. :-| :???: :???: :???: :-|
Hi Randall,

There are no hearing tests done at all. During medical, it is only urine test, an xray, eye test and colour blindness test.

wav35_

Post by wav35_ » Wed, 19 Dec 2012 9:26 pm

Rouge wrote:Where did you get the details on the Emirates interview?
my bad, when i checked several times few weeks ago, it clearly stated 26 Jan at M Hotel (very sure) but they have recently changed it to 5 Jan at Furama RiverFront Hotel.

https://ekgrpapplications.emirates.com/ ... nDays.aspx

im not sure whats the difference between open days and global assessment days. anyone going?

Rouge

Post by Rouge » Wed, 19 Dec 2012 9:43 pm

wav35_ wrote:
Rouge wrote:Where did you get the details on the Emirates interview?
my bad, when i checked several times few weeks ago, it clearly stated 26 Jan at M Hotel (very sure) but they have recently changed it to 5 Jan at Furama RiverFront Hotel.

https://ekgrpapplications.emirates.com/ ... nDays.aspx

im not sure whats the difference between open days and global assessment days. anyone going?
Hey I'm thinking of trying it out to have a feel of it. Haven't done any airline interview before though. Want to go together? By the way, what do I need to prepare, can advise?

Exotic
Regular
Regular

Post by Exotic » Thu, 20 Dec 2012 8:37 am

Can apply with a 'N' level cert? And most importantly, you must be willing to be based in Dubai which is just like migrating :)

Rouge

Post by Rouge » Thu, 20 Dec 2012 1:11 pm

Exotic wrote:Can apply with a 'N' level cert? And most importantly, you must be willing to be based in Dubai which is just like migrating :)
They never really state the educational requirements, maybe you can try.
Based in Dubai for how long? My preference is still SQ but worry about the age factor. Worry I'm too old :(

candiesboy
Regular
Regular

Post by candiesboy » Thu, 20 Dec 2012 2:55 pm

Rouge how old are you? Below 30 are safer?

Rouge

Post by Rouge » Thu, 20 Dec 2012 2:57 pm

candiesboy wrote:Rouge how old are you? Below 30 are safer?
I'm 28 years old.

candiesboy
Regular
Regular

Post by candiesboy » Thu, 20 Dec 2012 3:01 pm

Below 30 should be ok BUT must maintain well etc skin care, also look like as if you are in your teens! if not .... u know the ans.

Well i felt all maintenance should start from late teens to early 20s. Then you will look youthful eternity :)

Exotic
Regular
Regular

Post by Exotic » Thu, 20 Dec 2012 3:13 pm

You're so right candiesboy. Actually I feel SQ & Emirates are 2 of the best Airlines in the region.

candiesboy
Regular
Regular

Post by candiesboy » Thu, 20 Dec 2012 3:19 pm

Exotic wrote:You're so right candiesboy. Actually I feel SQ & Emirates are 2 of the best Airlines in the region.
of cos! their awards winnning are with their hard work and QC haha :) go try! then earn big bucks?

Exotic
Regular
Regular

Post by Exotic » Thu, 20 Dec 2012 3:22 pm

Yah man, 2 of the leading Airlines. Shall give it a shot! Bro you going? :D

Rouge

Post by Rouge » Thu, 20 Dec 2012 4:46 pm

candiesboy wrote:Below 30 should be ok BUT must maintain well etc skin care, also look like as if you are in your teens! if not .... u know the ans.

Well i felt all maintenance should start from late teens to early 20s. Then you will look youthful eternity :)
Not so exaggerating lah, look like teenager. Haha.. I don't think they want to portray image like they hire underaged. I want to try Emirates and SQ. Anyone have idea what to bring for Emirates interview?