Singapore Expats

Extentions of Social Visit Pass from 30 days to 60/90 days

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
catinheels

Extentions of Social Visit Pass from 30 days to 60/90 days

Post by catinheels » Mon, 17 Dec 2012 12:51 pm

Hello,

My nationality get 30 day social visit stay on the white card when we come into Singapore unlike some nationality who get 90 days. Has anyone been able to extend from 30 day to 60 days on your own, by going to ICA, or 90 days provided that you have a Singaporean citixen or a PR folder as a sponsor? I do not want to ask my friends i.e. Singaporean or a PR holder who are eligible to sponsor my request for the extention. So if I am able to extend it to 60 days on my own, then I probably choose to do so. The guidance at the ICA website is not so clear so I am seeking if someone has done it on his/her own before. Please let me know.

Thank you so much.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Extentions of Social Visit Pass from 30 days to 60/90 da

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 17 Dec 2012 2:04 pm

catinheels wrote:Hello,

My nationality get 30 day social visit stay on the white card when we come into Singapore unlike some nationality who get 90 days. Has anyone been able to extend from 30 day to 60 days on your own, by going to ICA, or 90 days provided that you have a Singaporean citixen or a PR folder as a sponsor? I do not want to ask my friends i.e. Singaporean or a PR holder who are eligible to sponsor my request for the extention. So if I am able to extend it to 60 days on my own, then I probably choose to do so. The guidance at the ICA website is not so clear so I am seeking if someone has done it on his/her own before. Please let me know.

Thank you so much.
Which nationality is it anyway ? And .. based on nationality, you may not be eligible for the 60/90 day extension. At the most you may get another 30 day, worst case, 7 days ..

Sponsors don't help much there nowadays ..

v4jr4
Reporter
Reporter

Re: Extentions of Social Visit Pass from 30 days to 60/90 da

Post by v4jr4 » Mon, 17 Dec 2012 2:14 pm

catinheels wrote:Hello,

Thank you so much.
It depends. If you have a valid reason, like medical reasons, perhaps ICA may consider it. On the other hand, my brother can't even get 30 days for social visit. It's not like he needed it, but at that time, for some reasons, ICA staff asked for the details of return ticket. He gave it, and alongside the stamp, there was a remark for the details.
"Budget Expat"

catinheels

Post by catinheels » Mon, 17 Dec 2012 3:03 pm

its japanese. what do you mean local sponsors dont help much these days? still get rejected even if there is a local sponsor?

i can always buy return ticket to home before applying at ICA. that is not an issue. but if the chance of extend is small, then i will seek alternative way. the reason for extention is purely social visit, no medical.

first, i would like to know if i can extend it without getting involved anyone else, for up to 60 days. second, whether i can extend it with a local sponsor, up to 90 days (with or without a return ticket to my country given that buying ticket is not a problem).

thanks.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Mon, 17 Dec 2012 3:17 pm

catinheels wrote:its japanese. what do you mean local sponsors dont help much these days? still get rejected even if there is a local sponsor?

i can always buy return ticket to home before applying at ICA. that is not an issue. but if the chance of extend is small, then i will seek alternative way. the reason for extention is purely social visit, no medical.

first, i would like to know if i can extend it without getting involved anyone else, for up to 60 days. second, whether i can extend it with a local sponsor, up to 90 days (with or without a return ticket to my country given that buying ticket is not a problem).

thanks.
As Japanese, I would assume you can get a single 30 day extension via the online e-xtend system. (Google "e-XTEND Online").
You will require a local sponsor* if you are seeking an extension of visit pass to 89 days from the date of entry or if you are a national of the countries listed below.

Afghanistan
Algeria
Bangladesh
Egypt
Iran
Iraq
Jordan
Lebanon
Libya
Morocco
Pakistan
Saudi Arabia
Somalia
Sudan
Syria
Tunisia
Yemen

Holders of Palestinian Authority Passport, Temporary Passport issued by the United Arab Emirates and Refugee Travel Document issued by Middle-East countries.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 17 Dec 2012 3:52 pm

zzm9980 wrote: As Japanese, I would assume you can get a single 30 day extension via the online e-xtend system. (Google "e-XTEND Online").
I would say "You can ONLY Get a 30 day extension, online .. "

those countries listed as 89 days, I was told it is interpreted as "UPTO 89 DAYS" .. not 89 days in one go .. i.e. maximum 3 months = 3 monthly extensions before need to depart Singapore shores ..

I could be wrong though ...

catinheels

Post by catinheels » Mon, 17 Dec 2012 6:31 pm

I never really thought that I could extend it online on my own. Thank you for providing me with your interpretations. I re-visited the extend online, I guess I take just additional 30 days which is longer than the original 30days. thank you so much for you people who contributed. I always find this website to be very countable.