Singapore Expats

Michael Palmer - 177A resignation?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Thu, 13 Dec 2012 10:19 pm

the lynx wrote:Doesn't matter. He shouldn't have gotten himself into scandal in the first place.
^^^ +1

You reap what you sow.

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager

Post by offshoreoildude » Thu, 13 Dec 2012 10:25 pm

zzm9980 wrote:
offshoreoildude wrote:http://alturl.com/ib2kx

Gak. Desperate man.
She's not ugly, but I wouldn't throw my career away for her.
Can you imagine the inanities they uttered to each other? Actually you don't have to! They're on record for posterity.
Now I'm called PNGMK

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Thu, 13 Dec 2012 10:53 pm

the lynx wrote:Doesn't matter. He shouldn't have gotten himself into scandal in the first place.
Especially in Singapore of all places. So many discreet options he could have used instead.

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager

Post by offshoreoildude » Thu, 13 Dec 2012 11:39 pm

Well, Mr Palmer will be resorting to the services of Mrs Palm and her five daughters (or four daughters and one short ugly son) for some time now me thinks.
Now I'm called PNGMK

durain
Director
Director

Post by durain » Fri, 14 Dec 2012 11:25 pm

nakatago wrote:
zzm9980 wrote:
offshoreoildude wrote:http://alturl.com/ib2kx

Gak. Desperate man.
She's not ugly, but I wouldn't throw my career away for her.
She looks like every other Singaporean female I encounter in the MRT.
what's between the sheets that matters... :D

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager

Post by offshoreoildude » Sat, 15 Dec 2012 8:08 am

We discussed this case in our condo committee meeting last night - most Singaporeans are quite upset at 'losing' a policitican of his calibre and the men frankly don't give a toss about him having a bit of fluff. The women though - whoa! - they'd castrate him. Some men mentioned 'integrity' as being part of the issue.

The general consensus was that he had been good enough to be the next PM and it was a waste of his talents to lose him.
Now I'm called PNGMK

x9200

Post by x9200 » Sat, 15 Dec 2012 9:14 am

I am always amazed how much people care about other people sex life. Gay, straight does not matter. Slept with him, slept with her, a blowjob at the backyard and wife that was pretty pretty. Have it as a subject for any formal committee meeting - priceless.

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Post by Sergei82 » Sat, 15 Dec 2012 9:44 am

x9200 wrote:I am always amazed how much people care about other people sex life. Gay, straight does not matter. Slept with him, slept with her, a blowjob at the backyard and wife that was pretty pretty. Have it as a subject for any formal committee meeting - priceless.
As I understand, those are the main headlines for SG news since they don't have much else to talk about.
If you read some psychology, when people see there is talk about 1) money, 2) sex, or 3) murder and death, they are immediately interested (on the level of instincts).
So for the news:
1 - they're talking about it all the time: same pile of shit, different view angle every day,
3 - in comparison with other countries this happens really seldom in SG, and when it happens in most cases it is either an accident or somebody jumped into Bedok reservoir (everybody got used to that),
2nd - now that is what everybody is waiting for! :)

x9200

Post by x9200 » Sat, 15 Dec 2012 10:01 am

This is not the "they" part this is the "we" part that makes me amazed.

Brah
Manager
Manager

Post by Brah » Sat, 15 Dec 2012 12:40 pm

What I find even more amazing is the rampant naivete about sex, the world, and other things many of us take for granted as being commonplace or better understood.

Agree, the lady in that is pretty meh. Much of what goes for hot here wouldn't even warrant notice in Japan or Korea, but that's a personal opinion and very subjective.
Sergei82 wrote:
x9200 wrote:I am always amazed how much people care about other people sex life. Gay, straight does not matter. Slept with him, slept with her, a blowjob at the backyard and wife that was pretty pretty. Have it as a subject for any formal committee meeting - priceless.
As I understand, those are the main headlines for SG news since they don't have much else to talk about.
If you read some psychology, when people see there is talk about 1) money, 2) sex, or 3) murder and death, they are immediately interested (on the level of instincts).
So for the news:
1 - they're talking about it all the time: same pile of shit, different view angle every day,
3 - in comparison with other countries this happens really seldom in SG, and when it happens in most cases it is either an accident or somebody jumped into Bedok reservoir (everybody got used to that),
2nd - now that is what everybody is waiting for! :)

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Post by Sergei82 » Sat, 15 Dec 2012 1:58 pm

STOMP alone gives a clear picture of this attitude towards sex.

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Sat, 15 Dec 2012 2:25 pm

he wouldn't be the first MP or even minister to have been unfaithful... if he hadn't been found out, she'd still be loving him long time.

whatever happened to burner cell phones.

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager

Post by offshoreoildude » Sat, 15 Dec 2012 2:33 pm

It was a side discussion at the post meeting tea break. No minutes were taken.
Now I'm called PNGMK

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Sat, 15 Dec 2012 11:34 pm

Brah wrote:What I find even more amazing is the rampant naivete about sex, the world, and other things many of us take for granted as being commonplace or better understood.
I agree. This could usefully be a side-discussion of it's own. No no, I don't mean anything with a disparaging or negative tone to it, just seeking to better understand it. After all, it comes down to 'Horses for courses' as they say in England [i.e, when in Rome...]

My wife, who I married for her brains as well as her beauty, came out with a stunningly parochial and naive 'and yet very Singaporean' comment just yesterday, and I was just like .... Wow, where did that come from! :shock:

thismyvoice
Chatter
Chatter

Post by thismyvoice » Sun, 16 Dec 2012 10:37 pm

offshoreoildude wrote:We discussed this case in our condo committee meeting last night - most Singaporeans are quite upset at 'losing' a policitican of his calibre and the men frankly don't give a toss about him having a bit of fluff. The women though - whoa! - they'd castrate him. Some men mentioned 'integrity' as being part of the issue.

The general consensus was that he had been good enough to be the next PM and it was a waste of his talents to lose him.
Good enough to be the next PM?

:shock: