Singapore Expats

About Spass' Dependent pass

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
William Lin

About Spass' Dependent pass

Post by William Lin » Wed, 12 Dec 2012 10:08 am

Hi , Everyone nice to meet you all.

I would to know about spass's dependent pass. My wife is holding dependent pass since 1 year ago and I'm holding spass with fixed month salary $S2800. but MOM already changed to new schema for dependent pass for spass and EP pass with $S4000. But I don't clear if I extend with existing employeer with fixed month $S2800, So dependent's pass can be renewable? Thanks everyboy.

William Lin

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: About Spass' Dependent pass

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 12 Dec 2012 12:04 pm

William Lin wrote:Hi , Everyone nice to meet you all.

I would to know about spass's dependent pass. My wife is holding dependent pass since 1 year ago and I'm holding spass with fixed month salary $S2800. but MOM already changed to new schema for dependent pass for spass and EP pass with $S4000. But I don't clear if I extend with existing employeer with fixed month $S2800, So dependent's pass can be renewable? Thanks everyboy.

William Lin
there is a note in the MOM site that unless you change employer, your DP should not be affected.

I know one person, on basic 3,000, who's husband's DP was renewed last month

William Lin

Post by William Lin » Thu, 13 Dec 2012 12:37 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your informations. So that mean not affected for DP pass renewal whatever I change to new job?

William lin.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Thu, 13 Dec 2012 1:15 pm

William Lin wrote:Hi,

Thanks for your informations. So that mean not affected for DP pass renewal whatever I change to new job?

William lin.
If you change job, then you will be affected by the new requirement and you will not be able to bring your wife in anymore under DP if you earn that little. New work pass = new DP. Change job = current work pass cancelled, current DP also cancelled.

So your safest position?

1. Stay in your company and keep renewing.

2. Get a very high income if you want to change to new job.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 13 Dec 2012 1:43 pm

William Lin wrote:Hi,

William lin.
Did you miss this in my reply ??

" .... unless you change employer ... "

Lynx has spelled it out for you ..

William Lin

Post by William Lin » Tue, 18 Dec 2012 11:14 am

Thanks you very much. :)