Singapore Expats

Can an Ex PR get back his PR status

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
drewselig

Can an Ex PR get back his PR status

Post by drewselig » Wed, 12 Dec 2012 11:38 pm

I lived in Sing for 10Years and set up my own business through which i got PR status. My father got ill back in the UK so i closed the business and canceled my PR to go back and look after him. (in year 2000) I would now like to move back to Sing and wondered if i could reinstate my company and also get back my PR or would i need to start the whole process from scratch.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 12 Dec 2012 11:43 pm

Did you withdraw all of your CPF contributions when you gave up your PR?

IF you did, they will not even consider it unless you replace all the CPF you withdrew as well as all the interest PLUS all that interest that would have accrued had it be left in situ up to the point of reinstatement. But there is no real guarantee.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager

Post by offshoreoildude » Thu, 13 Dec 2012 9:12 am

I've never known this to happen even though it's possible in theory. Very, very rarely you hear of SC's getting their SC back but the hurdles are huge and you need deep pockets. I assume you cancelled your PR so you could cash in your CPF to help your dad?
Now I'm called PNGMK