Singapore Expats

Changing of job while the PR application still pending

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
memoriesland

Post by memoriesland » Tue, 11 Dec 2012 4:25 pm

Hi all,

My PR application was submitted on 9 Nov and recently I just got a new job offer.

Please advice what should I do on the changes?

Many thanks!

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Tue, 11 Dec 2012 4:42 pm

memoriesland wrote:Hi all,

My PR application was submitted on 9 Nov and recently I just got a new job offer.

Please advice what should I do on the changes?

Many thanks!
After you have been officially employed in the new job, you have to notify ICA on the changes ASAP but I'm not sure how because I've never done it before.
Last edited by the lynx on Tue, 11 Dec 2012 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

memoriesland

Post by memoriesland » Tue, 11 Dec 2012 4:47 pm

the lynx wrote:After you have officially employed in the new job offer you have to notify ICA on the changes ASAP but I'm not sure how because I've never done it before.
Thank you very much!

I'm wondering will I get EP again on the new application... :(

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 11 Dec 2012 6:18 pm

That all depends on if the new employer can justify your employment to the MOM. If they can and your credentials are suitable for the position, shouldn't be a problem, but there are no guarantees as they may well have tightened up the criteria since your got your EP the first time.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

memoriesland

Post by memoriesland » Wed, 19 Dec 2012 9:38 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:That all depends on if the new employer can justify your employment to the MOM. If they can and your credentials are suitable for the position, shouldn't be a problem, but there are no guarantees as they may well have tightened up the criteria since your got your EP the first time.
Just got informed from my new employee that my EP application been approved while my PR application status still remains pending..

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Wed, 19 Dec 2012 10:02 am

memoriesland wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:That all depends on if the new employer can justify your employment to the MOM. If they can and your credentials are suitable for the position, shouldn't be a problem, but there are no guarantees as they may well have tightened up the criteria since your got your EP the first time.
Just got informed from my new employee that my EP application been approved while my PR application status still remains pending..
Congratulations. Once you have sashayed into your new job (with EP and all), you should look into updating ICA about that.

hopming

Any update

Post by hopming » Tue, 05 Nov 2013 2:00 pm

Is there any update on your application?