Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
shinjiono84

Post by shinjiono84 » Sat, 01 Dec 2012 1:10 pm

Rouge wrote:Ok thanks for info. Shinjiono84, are you 28 this year?
yess!

MeganL
Regular
Regular

Post by MeganL » Sat, 01 Dec 2012 1:13 pm

xin1993 wrote:
shinjiono84 wrote:got booted out at skin check haha
Same here. I'm so disappointed. This was my first time to the interview and I thought that my skin is pretty good as I take care of it. Seems that they want flawless skin.
Don't be disheartened dear! Not sure what they're really looking out for in skin check round(other than checking for problematic skin of course). some of my friends who have close to flawless skin also got booted out and we're all very surprised as we thought they will easily pass it. Try again next time! :)

Rouge

Post by Rouge » Sat, 01 Dec 2012 2:27 pm

I'm 28 too. I'm thinking of trying next year, don't know if I'm too old.
Dance as though you own the stage, the audience

candiesboy
Regular
Regular

Post by candiesboy » Sat, 01 Dec 2012 3:12 pm

dont worry rouge. if you maintain well shouldnt be a problem but if 35 above then hard to say. just interview. below 35 still got any chance like 18. once ovver 35 then might be difficult. you can see some airline they want 18-35 as requirement.

Exotic
Regular
Regular

Post by Exotic » Sat, 01 Dec 2012 3:35 pm

Are they really so strict on flawless skin? Education too?

calvink
Chatter
Chatter

Post by calvink » Sat, 01 Dec 2012 4:15 pm

I kept asking myself Do I really have the passion to SERVE for the entire duration of your career?

Rouge

Post by Rouge » Sat, 01 Dec 2012 4:51 pm

how do they conduct skin tests? Do they really ask you to stand below a bright fluorescent light? Do you intend to try again?

Rouge

Post by Rouge » Sat, 01 Dec 2012 5:28 pm

candiesboy wrote:dont worry rouge. if you maintain well shouldnt be a problem but if 35 above then hard to say. just interview. below 35 still got any chance like 18. once ovver 35 then might be difficult. you can see some airline they want 18-35 as requirement.
But I thought SQ is quite strict when it comes to age? By the way, did you go for the interview today? Have any idea how many people passed the mass introduction?

Rouge

Post by Rouge » Sat, 01 Dec 2012 5:28 pm

candiesboy wrote:dont worry rouge. if you maintain well shouldnt be a problem but if 35 above then hard to say. just interview. below 35 still got any chance like 18. once ovver 35 then might be difficult. you can see some airline they want 18-35 as requirement.
But I thought SQ is quite strict when it comes to age? By the way, did you go for the interview today? Have any idea how many people passed the mass introduction?

xin1993
Regular
Regular

Post by xin1993 » Sat, 01 Dec 2012 6:33 pm

MeganL wrote:
xin1993 wrote:
Same here. I'm so disappointed. This was my first time to the interview and I thought that my skin is pretty good as I take care of it. Seems that they want flawless skin.
Don't be disheartened dear! Not sure what they're really looking out for in skin check round(other than checking for problematic skin of course). some of my friends who have close to flawless skin also got booted out and we're all very surprised as we thought they will easily pass it. Try again next time! :)
Yep, I'll definitely try again. :) Many people got booted out during the skin check and I was surprised myself when most of them have close to flawless skin. I'm frustrated because I don't know what's wrong with me. Most people passed the mass introduction round though.

Rouge

Post by Rouge » Sat, 01 Dec 2012 8:41 pm

xin1993 wrote:
MeganL wrote:
xin1993 wrote: Same here. I'm so disappointed. This was my first time to the interview and I thought that my skin is pretty good as I take care of it. Seems that they want flawless skin.
Yep, I'll definitely try again. :) Many people got booted out during the skin check and I was surprised myself when most of them have close to flawless skin. I'm frustrated because I don't know what's wrong with me. Most people passed the mass introduction round though.
How was their make-up? Or was their make-up concealer too thick? Wat about those who got in? Perfect skin?

xin1993
Regular
Regular

Post by xin1993 » Sat, 01 Dec 2012 9:10 pm

Rouge wrote:
xin1993 wrote:
MeganL wrote: Don't be disheartened dear! Not sure what they're really looking out for in skin check round(other than checking for problematic skin of course). some of my friends who have close to flawless skin also got booted out and we're all very surprised as we thought they will easily pass it. Try again next time! :)
How was their make-up? Or was their make-up concealer too thick? Wat about those who got in? Perfect skin?
There's one girl who got booted out in the same round as me and she had her face caked with foundation so it made her look really pale. But the others were all fine. I think the ones who got through were lucky to get the other 3 ladies who checked their make-up. The one I faced was unfriendly (didn't smile at all) and looks really strict. So it depends on your luck sometimes. A girl and me who were checked by the same lady didn't even do catwalk. The others did. When I was waiting for the results, I somehow knew I won't get through. Not because of my skin but it seems like she didn't like me? Or maybe I'm just paranoid.

Rouge

Post by Rouge » Sat, 01 Dec 2012 9:22 pm

xin1993 wrote:
Rouge wrote:
xin1993 wrote: Yep, I'll definitely try again. :) Many people got booted out during the skin check and I was surprised myself when most of them have close to flawless skin. I'm frustrated because I don't know what's wrong with me. Most people passed the mass introduction round though.
There's one girl who got booted out in the same round as me and she had her face caked with foundation so it made her look really pale. But the others were all fine. I think the ones who got through were lucky to get the other 3 ladies who checked their make-up. The one I faced was unfriendly (didn't smile at all) and looks really strict. So it depends on your luck sometimes. A girl and me who were checked by the same lady didn't even do catwalk. The others did. When I was waiting for the results, I somehow knew I won't get through. Not because of my skin but it seems like she didn't like me? Or maybe I'm just paranoid.
The consultant is young or old? How was the skin test conducted? It really depends on luck. Maybe she's in the mood to fail people.

wav35_

Post by wav35_ » Sat, 01 Dec 2012 9:36 pm

SIA is definitely stricter in today's recruitment. Heard that they dun really need alot of people but there was a massive turnout today - queue was all the way to the main road out of the hotel compound in the morning.

My friend told me that they were more lenient in the afternoon after lunch break, much more people were successful in the first round vs only 2 or 3 per group in the morning. SIA prob kicked out too many people in the morning, even if they were good. :(

Seems like timing is really important!

MeganL
Regular
Regular

Post by MeganL » Sat, 01 Dec 2012 11:17 pm

Anyone who went for the interview today care to share and update what are the stages like? I heard from my friend that they brought forward the kebaya round and that they'll let you know whether you've passed the interview either by post or phone call, which is weird because the interview stages are split into 2 days for the past few interviews right? :/