Singapore Expats

EP rejected. Meet MOM?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
AJAJ

Re: EP rejected. Meet MOM?

Post by AJAJ » Tue, 27 Nov 2012 3:41 pm

bapobear wrote:I got my ep rejected numerous times since 1 and a half year ago. My current company helped me to apply work permit with my salary 2.5k and now i am holding it.
Recently i got a job offer with a MNC and they tried to help me apply ep but it was rejected as well. My current salary is 3.1k+ with increment of 500+ over the past year. But it seems still not meet mom satisfication even tho i have degree and working experience.
I am wondering is it because my original data is different from now as i know my first hr made mistake for entering wrong data but my spass was approved in my first job.
How should i solve this? Can I meet MOM officer by myself to check whats the reason for being rejected so many times?
hi, i totally know how you feel considering it also took me a few rejections before it was approved. I had to wait for 1.5 years and finally approved. I think from my experience I kinda know what MOM is looking for.

YOUNG, PROFESSIONAL, HIGH EDUCATION LEVEL, HIGHLY PAID. they are not too concern about the experience.

The government's aim is to make Singapore filled with brilliant foreigners ( and locals).

If you dont mind sharing, tell me the following and I will try my best to assist you
1. Your age
2. Your qualification, which university ( yes! university attended matters! ) and what course you did
3. Your offered salary
4. Your pass is Employment pass? please confirm.
5. Occupation

I know how exactly you feel now so I do hope I will be able to be of some assitance.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Tue, 27 Nov 2012 3:49 pm

AJAJ wrote:
bapobear wrote:I got my ep rejected numerous times since 1 and a half year ago. My current company helped me to apply work permit with my salary 2.5k and now i am holding it.
Recently i got a job offer with a MNC and they tried to help me apply ep but it was rejected as well. My current salary is 3.1k+ with increment of 500+ over the past year. But it seems still not meet mom satisfication even tho i have degree and working experience.
I am wondering is it because my original data is different from now as i know my first hr made mistake for entering wrong data but my spass was approved in my first job.
How should i solve this? Can I meet MOM officer by myself to check whats the reason for being rejected so many times?
hi, i totally know how you feel considering it also took me a few rejections before it was approved. I had to wait for 1.5 years and finally approved. I think from my experience I kinda know what MOM is looking for.

YOUNG, PROFESSIONAL, HIGH EDUCATION LEVEL, HIGHLY PAID. they are not too concern about the experience.

The government's aim is to make Singapore filled with brilliant foreigners ( and locals).

If you dont mind sharing, tell me the following and I will try my best to assist you
1. Your age
2. Your qualification, which university ( yes! university attended matters! ) and what course you did
3. Your offered salary
5. Occupation

I know how exactly you feel now so I do hope I will be able to be of some assitance.
You obviously don't read the whole thread. The OP has already mentioned in few breaths in this thread. Go through them and you have sufficient information already. Now let's see what you've got to say after reviewing OP's particulars.

AJAJ

Post by AJAJ » Tue, 27 Nov 2012 4:42 pm

the lynx wrote:
AJAJ wrote:

1. Your age
3. Your offered salary
5. Occupation

You obviously don't read the whole thread. The OP has already mentioned in few breaths in this thread. Go through them and you have sufficient information already. Now let's see what you've got to say after reviewing OP's particulars.
sorry i didnt have a chance to read all the threads. If he wants some guidance, i am sure he will reply me accordingly.
I am just here to help=) :D :) :o

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager

Post by offshoreoildude » Tue, 27 Nov 2012 4:42 pm

AJAJ wrote:

1. Your age
3. Your offered salary
5. Occupation

Piss off Ajaj. Go gobble somewhere else.
Now I'm called PNGMK

AJAJ

Post by AJAJ » Tue, 27 Nov 2012 5:04 pm

offshoreoildude wrote:
AJAJ wrote:

1. Your age
3. Your offered salary
5. Occupation

okay sorry if i offended anyone...i thought i could help. but i guess you guys dont need my help =)

so thanks and good luck to whoever is applying for Epass

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Tue, 27 Nov 2012 5:12 pm

AJAJ wrote:okay sorry if i offended anyone...i thought i could help. but i guess you guys dont need my help =)

Nah, not exactly offending, you're actually more like making a mess. :P

So tell us, how come a SC like yourself had to "take a few rejections before it was approved and had to wait for 1.5 years and finally approved"? I remember you mentioned that you're a SC last time.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember a citizen needing approval from MOM to get approved for work.

AJAJ

Post by AJAJ » Tue, 27 Nov 2012 5:30 pm

the lynx wrote:
AJAJ wrote:okay sorry if i offended anyone...i thought i could help. but i guess you guys dont need my help =)

Nah, not exactly offending, you're actually more like making a mess. :P

So tell us, how come a SC like yourself had to "take a few rejections before it was approved and had to wait for 1.5 years and finally approved"? I remember you mentioned that you're a SC last time.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember a citizen needing approval from MOM to get approved for work.
thanks for remembering us! the last time it was my fiance that was writing the thread =) she is SC. i am not.
finally EP approved.

well, the main thing is to use the self- assessment tool till you get a result " you may be qualified for Epass"

dont just apply for Epass based on the $3000 min. requirement.

Some occupations or universities or qualification require a higher salary requirement.

so just have to meet that! =)

good luck everyone!

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager

Post by offshoreoildude » Tue, 27 Nov 2012 5:34 pm

AJAJ wrote:
offshoreoildude wrote:
AJAJ wrote: hi, i totally know how you feel considering it also took me a few rejections before it was approved. I had to wait for 1.5 years and finally approved. I think from my experience I kinda know what MOM is looking for.

1. Your age
3. Your offered salary
5. Occupation

okay sorry if i offended anyone...i thought i could help. but i guess you guys dont need my help =)

Piss off Ajaj.
Now I'm called PNGMK