Singapore Expats

Suggest the chances of PR

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
manuel_gator

Suggest the chances of PR

Post by manuel_gator » Fri, 23 Nov 2012 1:20 pm

Hello,

Thank you for reading my post :)

I'm thinking of applying for PR in the month of March 2013 and I was wondering if you can help me in advising the chances of my PR.

1. I'm 26 years old single Indian.
2. I'm staying in Singapore since January 2011 and currently on P2. (SGD 4500 per month)
3. I'm working as a Sales Manager in a Singapore IT company who has been in SG market for 6+ years. So I've a stable job.
4. I've Bachelors of Engineering from India and Master of Science from USA. In fact, I've stayed in USA for 18 months while perusing my master's degree.
5. I've invested in a commercial property in Singapore (value of property: 250k).

I've intentions to become the Citizen of Singapore eventually and wanted to get started on that path asap. Please suggest if March 2013 would be the correct time to apply for PR or should I wait for another 1-2 years.

Best Regards,
Manuel.

Callput
Regular
Regular

Post by Callput » Fri, 23 Nov 2012 2:45 pm

No chance of success, unless you complete 3 years and your salary becomes atleast 8k after 3 years and you marry and produce a kid. Even then I seriously doubt it.

v4jr4
Reporter
Reporter

Re: Suggest the chances of PR

Post by v4jr4 » Fri, 23 Nov 2012 2:49 pm

manuel_gator wrote:5. I've invested in a commercial property in Singapore (value of property: 250k).
Now, this one is pretty interesting. Did you share it with someone (PR/SC)?
"Budget Expat"

manuel_gator

Post by manuel_gator » Fri, 23 Nov 2012 2:54 pm

v4jr4 wrote:
manuel_gator wrote:5. I've invested in a commercial property in Singapore (value of property: 250k).
Well, I'm pretty serious about living in Singapore, hence I thought of starting with a small investment. I'm not only contributing through income tax, but also property tax. I'm also volunteer in an organization since last two years. I did share with a 10 years old PR and he told me that I can try after the March 2013 and see if I can get PR. But I wanted to have more opinions and latest analysis.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 23 Nov 2012 2:55 pm

Even if he did, it wouldn't matter one iota to his PR application. Investing in commercial/private structures will no longer get you any brownie points in a PR application especially as ICA knows the Indian penchant of getting PR only so they can buy an HDB flat and sell it for profit when they leave in a few years when their PR for Aust/US/UK/CAN is approved.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

manuel_gator

Post by manuel_gator » Fri, 23 Nov 2012 2:58 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Even if he did, it wouldn't matter one iota to his PR application. Investing in commercial/private structures will no longer get you any brownie points in a PR application especially as ICA knows the Indian penchant of getting PR only so they can buy an HDB flat and sell it for profit when they leave in a few years when their PR for Aust/US/UK/CAN is approved.
I couldn't agree more with you on this. Everyone is doing property investment to mint SGD. In this case, what do you think should be done to highlight myself as Prospective PR? What things should be included in PR application as brownie points?

Callput
Regular
Regular

Post by Callput » Fri, 23 Nov 2012 3:09 pm

manuel_gator wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:Even if he did, it wouldn't matter one iota to his PR application. Investing in commercial/private structures will no longer get you any brownie points in a PR application especially as ICA knows the Indian penchant of getting PR only so they can buy an HDB flat and sell it for profit when they leave in a few years when their PR for Aust/US/UK/CAN is approved.
I couldn't agree more with you on this. Everyone is doing property investment to mint SGD. In this case, what do you think should be done to highlight myself as Prospective PR? What things should be included in PR application as brownie points?
There is nothing you can do, try another country.

manuel_gator

Post by manuel_gator » Fri, 23 Nov 2012 3:12 pm

Callput wrote: There is nothing you can do, try another country.
Thank you sir :D I never thought there was such an option. You have really open my eyes. :) :) :)

Callput
Regular
Regular

Post by Callput » Fri, 23 Nov 2012 3:15 pm

manuel_gator wrote:
Callput wrote: There is nothing you can do, try another country.
Thank you sir :D I never thought there was such an option. You have really open my eyes. :) :) :)
I am serious, there is nothing really you can do, people of your nationality have already abused a lot and spoilt their name and ICA have got to know about it. Sorry you were born a bit too late :) Try another country which you think is yet to be abused.

v4jr4
Reporter
Reporter

Post by v4jr4 » Fri, 23 Nov 2012 3:17 pm

manuel_gator wrote:
v4jr4 wrote:
Well, I'm pretty serious about living in Singapore, hence I thought of starting with a small investment. I'm not only contributing through income tax, but also property tax. I'm also volunteer in an organization since last two years. I did share with a 10 years old PR and he told me that I can try after the March 2013 and see if I can get PR. But I wanted to have more opinions and latest analysis.
That makes sense, but somehow, I gotta gut feeling that your name isn't stated in IRAS documents. "Personal reliefs" section doesn't cover it.
"Budget Expat"

Saint
Director
Director

Post by Saint » Fri, 23 Nov 2012 3:17 pm

manuel_gator wrote: Well, I'm pretty serious about living in Singapore, hence I thought of starting with a small investment. I'm not only contributing through income tax, but also property tax. I'm also volunteer in an organization since last two years. I did share with a 10 years old PR and he told me that I can try after the March 2013 and see if I can get PR. But I wanted to have more opinions and latest analysis.
That's one smart 10 year old kid!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 23 Nov 2012 3:55 pm

Saint, you are in fine form already! Tonight ought to be a good one! ;-)

manuel_gator, I'm afraid, what the other are saying here isn't just BS. I am also saying that the guy who gave you info was speaking about what WAS (10 years ago) and not what IS today, since the May 2011 General Election. You, so far as I can see, have absolutely nothing with which to set you apart from any other run-of-the-mill, middle level graduate from the subcontinent. Singapore has had their fill of them and are in the process on going on a witch-hunt to both reduce the numbers of Indian PR's (the demographics have been skewed by slightly over 2% in the past 15 years due to the gahmen's IT just prior to the millennium. Now, they are in the process of rectifying that. So in order to stand out now, you have to really be bringing something substantial to the table. Not just out collecting brownie points like buying lottery tickets. You best bet is to start looking elsewhere for PR because PEP is also out of the question and the odds of getting the next EP renewal is going to be diminished considerably and you might find yourself with a one way ticket back to the subcontinent.

I am not trying to piss on your parade, but just pointing out the facts as they currently stand in the gahment's pogrom to reduce both the numbers of PR AND the reduction of foreign talentless PMETs. All have their heads on the chopping blocks and nobody is safe anymore.

sms
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager

Post by offshoreoildude » Fri, 23 Nov 2012 8:59 pm

OP - work on your skillls and job and networking. Use it to push your level up in Singapore before applying for PR or for your next move. I don't think you're going to get PR though.
Now I'm called PNGMK