Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
GELLY

Silkair opportunities

Post by GELLY » Tue, 17 May 2005 11:38 pm

Hi Lynn01, Thanx for your invaluable info...Im already 28 years old...Guess I will give SIA and Silkair a try before I turn 29...
:P I haven't tried Sia or Silkair...I have only started to apply actively this year...I have gone to emirates and British airways...In the meantime, while waiting for the next recruitment, I will continue to improve and upgrade myself...By the way, do you know the qualifications of a silkair cabin crew?

Keep your dream alive 8)
lynn01 wrote:hi,

yup, my friend's cousin is 40 years old now. because she look young, doesn't look like 40 years old at all, she look like in her early 30s. maybe that why's she can still fly. but she is going to retire soon because she has a family to take care of.

and as for keisha questions. the age limit that SIA and silkair stated in their recruitment: age 25,
they are for the foreign crew. foreign stewardesses need to be 25 and below.

but for local stewardesses , the age is up to 29 years old. unless they decided to change their age limit for the current intake, i am pretty sure local stewardess age limit is 29 years old.

if not, you can email them and ask them the age limit since they do not put the age limit out in their local stewardess recruitment.

i know people who are being recruited as stewardess, age, 26, 27 and 28.

so for those who are out there who are age 26-29, no harm trying.

all the best! :)

Post by Guest » Wed, 18 May 2005 12:49 am

anyone know when british airway gonna recruit again?Or anyone here been recruited by BA?

becky

Hi

Post by becky » Wed, 18 May 2005 12:50 am

To Gelly:
Hi, I think we've emailed before yeh? Btw, thanks for the info bout SIA. Appreciate it :). Well, I wish you the best of luck in your application.

Re: Silkair opportunities

Post by Guest » Wed, 18 May 2005 12:40 pm

Qatar also employs Singaporeans
GELLY wrote:Hi Lynn01, Thanx for your invaluable info...Im already 28 years old...Guess I will give SIA and Silkair a try before I turn 29...
:P I haven't tried Sia or Silkair...I have only started to apply actively this year...I have gone to emirates and British airways...In the meantime, while waiting for the next recruitment, I will continue to improve and upgrade myself...By the way, do you know the qualifications of a silkair cabin crew?

Keep your dream alive 8)

yup, my friend's cousin is 40 years old now. because she look young, doesn't look like 40 years old at all, she look like in her early 30s. maybe that why's she can still fly. but she is going to retire soon because she has a family to take care of.

and as for keisha questions. the age limit that SIA and silkair stated in their recruitment: age 25,

but for local stewardesses , the age is up to 29 years old. unless they decided to change their age limit for the current intake, i am pretty sure local stewardess age limit is 29 years old.

if not, you can email them and ask them the age limit since they do not put the age limit out in their local stewardess recruitment.

Post by Guest » Wed, 18 May 2005 12:41 pm

Japan Airlines (JAL) too... :)

Elaine

Post by Elaine » Wed, 18 May 2005 2:55 pm

Anonymous wrote:Qatar also employs Singaporeans
GELLY wrote:Hi Lynn01, Thanx for your invaluable info...Im already 28 years old...Guess I will give SIA and Silkair a try before I turn 29...

Keep your dream alive 8)

Hi Lynn01,

I am Elaine. I have been flying for JAL for 5 years. I am 32 this year already. Thought of joining SIA. Do u think i stand a chance because of my experience?

Thanks.

Peisan

Post by Peisan » Wed, 18 May 2005 6:12 pm

Elaine wrote:
Anonymous wrote:Qatar also employs Singaporeans

Keep your dream alive 8)
Hi Lynn01,

I am Elaine. I have been flying for JAL for 5 years. I am 32 this year already. Thought of joining SIA. Do u think i stand a chance because of my experience?

Thanks.
Wah liew!

Old woman still thinking of joining SIA! Forget it lah! Hahaha! Day Dreaming! Old hag! Think about it only if you ar 10 years younger!

reject-boi

Post by reject-boi » Wed, 18 May 2005 6:32 pm

Hi Elaine,

I think you have a better chance with Emirates. They are looking for experienced cabin crew.

I doubt this is the case for SQ. You could still try - you never try, you never know. But I have not heard of experienced crew joining SQ.

Good luck.

Post by Guest » Wed, 18 May 2005 6:57 pm

British airway...anyone??

Karen05

Post by Karen05 » Thu, 19 May 2005 12:44 am

Dear All,

Good News!
Silkair is recruiting NOW!!!
Quick go and apply for those who are interested..

Good Luck! =)

reject-boi

Post by reject-boi » Thu, 19 May 2005 12:47 am

Silkair Recruiting!

We are looking for girls with a combination of grace, and a warm smile to continue providing excellent and attentive service to our customers.

We offer a host of generous service benefits including:
- Free and discounted travel
- Annual wage supplement of one month's salary
- Profit sharing bonus
- Attractive medical and dental benefits
- Meal, productivity and transport allowance where applicable

Requirements:
- Minimum height of 1.58m
- Minimum 3 GCE 'O' Level credits or 4 'N' Level credits including English
- Singaporeans and Singapore Permanent Residents preferred

If you think you have what it takes to be part of our team, please email your resume, detailing your personal particulars including weight, height, educational qualifications and a recent photograph of yourself to:

[email protected]

Post by Guest » Thu, 19 May 2005 12:50 am

seriously,if 157,can try silkair?I mean can give it a try?

reject-boi

Post by reject-boi » Thu, 19 May 2005 12:52 am

You never try, you never know. Just apply! :wink:

Post by Guest » Thu, 19 May 2005 1:05 am

Hi elaine,

may i know more abt JAL?? cos i'll be joining JAL soon...

Post by Guest » Thu, 19 May 2005 1:17 am

haa thx reject-boi.Anyone know how's silkair interview is like?any difference from SIA?